Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    Yes. Because if Marvel ended Amazing Spider-Man AGAIN and replaced him with Ben Reilly AGAIN the internet would have risen up and CHEERED at Marvel doing the EXACT SAME THING AGAIN.

:-/

You're right.

There WOULDN'T have been a zillion threads saying, "What THIS again?!"
    "Way to go Marvel, House of NO Ideas!"
    "What is this? THE 90's?!"
    "AYFKM?!"

Nope. NONE of THAT would have happened AT ALL.

:-P

Aren't a majority of the fans already up in arms over Ock being Spiderman? I mean basically a killer is now spiderman. Not only is Ock a Killer, but he killed Peter......soooo yea I think a majority of marvel readers would have preferred Ben Reilly as the Superior spiderman over Ock. Heck, I'd even take Spidercide as he was a Peter Clone and would have some sense of reason to change......where as you chose a villain that has been about destroying mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by rdfnd1253 View Post
    ...where as you chose a villain that has been about destroying mankind.
    ExACTly !
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Aren't a majority of the fans already up in arms over Ock being Spiderman?
    Spider-Man w/ a hyphen. :-)
    And, yes. They're up in arms. That's a TERRIBLE thing for any audience. WHAT?! They're engaged, passionate, and INTERESTED?! HOW TERRIBLE!
    I mean basically a killer is now spiderman.
    Spider-Man w/ a hyphen. :-/
    Yep. You know who else was a killer? Luke Skywalker's father?! WHY DID THEY DO THAT?! That's SO WRONG!!!
    Not only is Ock a Killer, but he killed Peter......
    That's going to be quite an obstacle to overcome.
    Obstacles for a main character to overcome sound... boring OR interesting? Which one? ;-)
    soooo yea I think a majority of marvel readers would have preferred Ben Reilly as the Superior spiderman over Ock.
    Dude. Seriously. SPIDER-MAN with a HYPHEN. :-P
    And if for one second you thing the "majority" of fans WOULDN'T have been upset if Marvel canceled Amazing Spider-Man AGAIN just to replace him with Ben Reilly AGAIN, you should never be allowed to place another bet in your life... about anything... ever. ;-)
    Heck, I'd even take Spidercide as he was a Peter Clone and would have some sense of reason to change......where as you chose a villain that has been about destroying mankind.
    Yes. A villain who, in the past, almost destroyed mankind is now on a path to become the best hero he can be. How could that POSSIBLY lead to interesting stories? :-)

And it's SPIDER-CIDE with a...
    No.
    Wait.
    Spidercide doesn't have a hyphen.
    You get a pass on that one. ;-)

And, yes. They're up in arms. That's a TERRIBLE thing for any audience. WHAT?! They're engaged, passionate, and INTERESTED?! HOW TERRIBLE!

Spider-Man w/ a hyphen. :-/
    Yep. You know who else was a killer? Luke Skywalker's father?! WHY DID THEY DO THAT?! That's SO WRONG!!!

That's going to be quite an obstacle to overcome.
    Obstacles for a main character to overcome sound... boring OR interesting? Which one? ;-)

Dude. Seriously. SPIDER-MAN with a HYPHEN. :-P
    And if for one second you thing the "majority" of fans WOULDN'T have been upset if Marvel canceled Amazing Spider-Man AGAIN just to replace him with Ben Reilly AGAIN, you should never be allowed to place another bet in your life... about anything... ever. ;-)

Yes. A villain who, in the past, almost destroyed mankind is now on a path to become the best hero he can be. How could that POSSIBLY lead to interesting stories? :-)

And it's SPIDER-CIDE with a...
    No.
    Wait.
    Spidercide doesn't have a hyphen.
    You get a pass on that one. ;-)

Well being as Ben Reilly is MY SPIDER-MAN.......I could careless about your new series, though I will say I have nothing against your decision and path you went with. I still prefer to see Ben Reilly back as Spider-Man.........just would of made more sense and more interesting to me as we'd get to see how he feels about his brothers 'death" Heck, Pete's death might have made Ben go after every single criminal just to make sure no one got hurt or wait...."no one dies" again.

Either way, I wish you success with series but I won't be buying it. The only comic I read is Scarlet Spider. One last thing, can you please at least have the Dua-claw on the superior spiderman costume replaced ....I no...no hyphen ; -)

Would have.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Where as its Dan_Slott. WITH AN UNDERSCORE.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Would have.
    lol You jerk.

Yes. Because if Marvel ended Amazing Spider-Man AGAIN and replaced him with Ben Reilly AGAIN the internet would have risen up and CHEERED at Marvel doing the EXACT SAME THING AGAIN.

:-/

You're right.

There WOULDN'T have been a zillion threads saying, "What THIS again?!"
    "Way to go Marvel, House of NO Ideas!"
    "What is this? THE 90's?!"
    "AYFKM?!"

Nope. NONE of THAT would have happened AT ALL.

:-P
    Speaking as someone who started buying Spidey comics when Ben took over the role, and who still considers Ben to be 'my' Spidey, I agree that replacing with Pete with Ben again wouldn't work. Marvel tried it. It didn't take.

But I also think you could have explained that without the overdose of sarcasm in response to a post that, whilst not being an idea I agree with, didn't come across as remotely confrontational or critical.

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed1 View Post
    Ock in Peters body is the least interesting idea they could have thought up.
    CNN, USA Today, NPR, and the hundreds of threads on this message board would suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed1 View Post
    Ben would have had tons of potential and if you've read the clone saga you know there is lots differnt between Peter and Ben.
    they were different at the time Clone Saga was coming out, not anymore.
    "I'm sending him a bouquet of cans."

SW

I was thinking about it and I think a better story line would of been the return of Ben Riley after Peter "died" in a battle with Dr. Ock. After seeing Peter's death, Ben decides to take up the mantle once again in honor of Peter, and maybe with Peter's death, he becomes a little more tougher towards villains...being a villain killed his "brother". Or another good twist could of been Spidercide, after years of torment, hears Peter's last "dying" words and like Ock, see's flashes of"with great power comes great responsibility" and has a change for the good. Being he was once noble and "Peter" like till the clone degeneration kicked in and made him turn twisted and psycho, he'd still have those emotions buried deep down inside and with Peter's words, he becomes the SUPERIOR Spiderman(as he has added powers Peter didn't have).
    I would love to see the return of Ben Reilly, but I just don't see that anyone at Marvel is interested in the idea. Ah well.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sizzers View Post
    But I also think you could have explained that without the overdose of sarcasm in response to a post that, whilst not being an idea I agree with, didn't come across as remotely confrontational or critical.
    seriously?

"majority of the fans up in arms"

"soooo yea I think a majority of marvel readers would have preferred Ben Reilly as the Superior spiderman over Ock."

not critical at all...

SW

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    seriously?

"majority of the fans up in arms"

"soooo yea I think a majority of marvel readers would have preferred Ben Reilly as the Superior spiderman over Ock."

not critical at all...
    But both of those comments came after Dan's response. The most critical thing rdfnd had said up until that point was that making Ock Spidey was 'ripping off' Scarlet Spider. As I said, I do agree with Dan's opinion regarding this idea. Just not in the way he expressed it.

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    I would love to see the return of Ben Reilly, but I just don't see that anyone at Marvel is interested in the idea. Ah well.
    I could sort of see it if there wasn't currently a Scarlet Spider book out with Kaine and if Ben came back but with a twist. Now it would just be redundant.

I was hoping for O'Hara too. To me, it was the only interesting thing about this event and would have got me buying Spidey again. It's a shame how a great character like that, especially being a minority hero, from a cool distant future setting, and with all the hype from the games a couple years ago, isn't being used today. Oh well. I'll always have my back issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sizzers View Post
    But both of those comments came after Dan's response. The most critical thing rdfnd had said up until that point was that making Ock Spidey was 'ripping off' Scarlet Spider. As I said, I do agree with Dan's opinion regarding this idea. Just not in the way he expressed it.
    why does it bother you?

SW

Quote Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
    I could sort of see it if there wasn't currently a Scarlet Spider book out with Kaine and if Ben came back but with a twist. Now it would just be redundant.
    Kaine and Ben aren't too much alike; I don't think it would be redundant, but as I said before, it doesn't seem to be something Marvel has much interest in anyway.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.