A continuation of last year's Book Club due to popular demand.
The Rules (PLEASE READ!!)
1) Please reserve 1-3 consecutive posts in this thread where you will continue to update your list. Due to the length limitations of posts on CBR, it may be wise to reserve 2-3 posts. Whenever you read something new, edit your original posts to reflect this change.
2) NEW THIS YEAR: Do not make additional posts just to indicate that you have updated. It is a given that anyone participating will regularly update their lists. I will speak to Lone Ranger to request that this thread be stickied. If not, we'll just bump the thread when it falls off the first page. Let's not clutter the thread with update notifications.
3) When calculating your total number of comics read for each month, a single comic book is generally considered to be a modern age 20-25 page comic book. Any book of a significantly longer length should be counted as such (i.e. a comic containing 70 pages of CONTENT, not including adds, should be counted as 3 issues).
4) Comic strips may be counted. I generally count 40 standard daily strips as 1 issue, but it's up to you to count them as you see fit. Obviously, Little Nemo's Adventures in Slumberland should be counted differently than Garfield.
5) Several of us counted novels and pulp stories in our lists last year. Whether you see fit to include all novels you read or only those related to the comic book medium is your own choice. I tend to count anywhere from 8 to 15 pages of text as a single comic book issue, depending upon text size and complexity.
6) Since this is more a community of readers than a simple sub-forum, you should feel free to record new comics you are reading as well, but, as a general rule, I suggest making sure more than 50% of your recorded reads fit the board's definition of "classic" comics (more than 2 years old)
7) This is the format I utilized to keep track of what I read for a given month last year. I highly recommend it as an easy way of backtracking through your year's worth of reading but, of course, you are welcome to record what you read in whatever way you see fit:
Creepy #7 (counting these as 2 issues each)
Electric Warrior #13-16
Legends of the Dark Knight #3
Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck #8B "The Prisoner of White Agony Creek" (double length), #8C "Hearts of the Yukon"
Planet of the Apes (Curtis/Marvel) #24, 26-29, 2 unpublished scripts
Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos #18-20
Walt Disney's Comics & Stories #68-69, 140, 152, 162, 181, 186, 192, 199, 200
X-O Manowar (current series) #1
2000 A.D. #1742-1754 (counting these as 2 issues each)
May Total: 57
Best story I read in May: Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck #8B "The Prisoner of White Agony Creek"
8) Finally, while the goal set in last year's book club was to read 1500 comics, this shouldn't be a race, and good leisurely reads should be viewed as just as worthy as quick reads that are done in ten minutes flat. Record what you read for the fun of looking back -- not to win a race.
Looking forward to seeing what you read!