Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenComixEnvy View Post
    except he has a flagship book, where the writer will be giving him development.

    And a few of the people writing him actually talk to each other, so yeah.
    Hard to evolve the character when he's stuck in the Savage Lands for another title.

  2. #17
    Gamebreaker Wellman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,613

    Default

    GotG I am giving a chance because I love the property. So far the only thing known for certain, is that Bendis is basing the premise around the idea the Guardians are going to sort of localized by a new space governing body that assigns them to patrol the sector around the Earth sector. All points seem to make it look like they are trying to simplify the original concept, try out ideas for the movie and make it appealing to non fans.

    Savage Wolverine is mainly Cho's book but knowing Cho, you can't expect it to stick around for a long while so it isn't the main Wolverine book.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    For a minute I was afraid they were putting Wolverine in the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Same here.

  3. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Hard to evolve the character when he's stuck in the Savage Lands for another title.
    What are you talking about? You act like Wolverine is going to be in the Savage Land forever. Please, the story/arc will probably just occur in a week's story time. Everyone can tell that you're obviously biased against the character by just reading your previous posts.

  4. #19
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tpcallo View Post
    What are you talking about? You act like Wolverine is going to be in the Savage Land forever. Please, the story/arc will probably just occur in a week's story time. Everyone can tell that you're obviously biased against the character by just reading your previous posts.
    The ongoing is about wolverine in the Savage Lands. If he is in more book, the more he can't change because the books won't reflect the changes properly. He needs to be in less titles to evolve, not more.

  5. #20

    Default

    NO GOTG sounds horrible (why is Ironman on the team??!!! Really ??)


    Damn I guess i got my wish tho , I wanted cosmic marvel back........maybe it's a good thing marvel isn't doing any supernatural books.
    The world's Number 1 Ghost Rider Fan!!!!
    Reading
    Mighty Avengers. Uncanny Avengers* Thunderbolts* Justice League(Forever Evil)

  6. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    The ongoing is about wolverine in the Savage Lands. If he is in more book, the more he can't change because the books won't reflect the changes properly. He needs to be in less titles to evolve, not more.
    Sure they will. If there's any significant development within Savage Wolverine, I'm pretty sure it will be reflected in other titles. But the fact is that Wolverine by Cornell is the flagship title and the development will happen there and spread out to WATXM, AXM, UA, and Avengers. Savage Wolverine seems more like a stand alone ongoing that doesn't need to depend on anything else.

    Have you read Aaron's Wolverine run? There was significant developments there.

  7. #22
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tpcallo View Post
    Sure they will. If there's any significant development within Savage Wolverine, I'm pretty sure it will be reflected in other titles. But the fact is that Wolverine by Cornell is the flagship title and the development will happen there and spread out to WATXM, AXM, UA, and Avengers. Savage Wolverine seems more like a stand alone ongoing that doesn't need to depend on anything else.
    Have you read Aaron's Wolverine run? There was significant developments there.
    Thing is, Wolverine is head X-Man, a well regarded avenger, no longer has kids, and is now heading a school, as well as killed his villains so much that they are just coming back again for him to kill again. Is there enough left for him to do to handle 6 titles? 2 of them are doing Savage Land stories at the SAME TIME!

    I'm just saying, there might not be anything left for Wolverine to do now that he's gone to hell, became a vampire, fought for the Avengers, and even has became the Phoenix. His well is almost tapped out.

  8. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Thing is, Wolverine is head X-Man, a well regarded avenger, no longer has kids, and is now heading a school, as well as killed his villains so much that they are just coming back again for him to kill again. Is there enough left for him to do to handle 6 titles? 2 of them are doing Savage Land stories at the SAME TIME!

    I'm just saying, there might not be anything left for Wolverine to do now that he's gone to hell, became a vampire, fought for the Avengers, and even has became the Phoenix. His well is almost tapped out.
    Sheesh. Do you honestly think creative writers will run out of stories to tell for Wolverine? You don't have an imagination if you think his well is tapped out.

  9. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tpcallo View Post
    Sheesh. Do you honestly think creative writers will run out of stories to tell for Wolverine? You don't have an imagination if you think his well is tapped out.
    I think it is dry. Even his covers are all just him lunging.

  10. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I think it is dry. Even his covers are all just him lunging.
    Yeah...just like Spider-Man's covers all show him web swinging, Daredevil covers all show him jumping with his billy clubs, Thor covers with Mjolnir, Iron Man with his repulsor blast pose, and Cap with his shield...

  11. #26
    Gamebreaker Wellman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tpcallo View Post
    Sheesh. Do you honestly think creative writers will run out of stories to tell for Wolverine? You don't have an imagination if you think his well is tapped out.
    It isn't so much that writers have run out of creative ideas for Logan, so much that they won't be allowed to do such to keep him static enough to keep appearing in other books, Wolverine had a really good story arc in the pages of his solo and that is rarely touched up on due to it potentially forcing a change in how the character that would run contray to his biggest draw of being a homicidal badass.

  12. #27
    Senior Member Zen-aku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    That's what I doubt. The more books you appear in, the less character development you will receive.
    Aron's run and hell even Bunn's run say other wise

    no longer has kids,
    Laura Says hi
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

  13. #28
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Claw City
    Posts
    6,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I think it is dry. Even his covers are all just him lunging.
    Did you see the covers during the dreaming maiden story by Bunn? They were fantastic and no lunging.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

  14. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tpcallo View Post
    Yeah...just like Spider-Man's covers all show him web swinging, Daredevil covers all show him jumping with his billy clubs, Thor covers with Mjolnir, Iron Man with his repulsor blast pose, and Cap with his shield...
    I KNOW, RIGHT?! They're so boring!

  15. #30
    Senior Member Zen-aku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I think it is dry. Even his covers are all just him lunging.




    Quick question sd do you even read Wolverine's ongoing if not you really shouldn't be commenting on it.
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •