Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    DO we know what origin they will use for Wonder Woman in Tv or movie
    Someone at DC Comics (Jim Lee, maybe) said, earlier this year, that the Azzarello or New 52 Wonder Woman story is the official Wonder Woman story. The Azzarello Wondy, daughter of Zeus and Hippolyta, is THE Wondy now, as I understand it.
    "I collect beings like him and cut them open--so I can hold in my hand what makes them tick."
    Cassandra on Orion of the New Gods (Wonder Woman #26)

It sounds just like the cartoon JL. Batman clearly will job everyone, while they all will look incompetent. And I don't buy we will get Martian Manhunter. I say it will be Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafanboy View Post
    If it's true Diana has been in man's world only a few months when the JL is formed for the movie...I hope they use one of my fav lines from a battle scene in the rebooted JL comic:
    Superman: "You're strong."
    WW: "I know."
    I will feel so bad for the actors if they have to deliver those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    It's just like the great cerebral dialogue in that blockbluster money making Avengers, isn;t it?

If they are going against Darkseid, I hope they have the kind of mass destruction we see in films like Emmerich's 2012. Every past film has already put mass destruction to a new level. G.I. Joe: Retaliation even promises to show entire cities destroyed. So I think this film needs to up their game by having the heroes fight while an entire American coastline collapses around them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    No; blowing Aquaman and Atlantis' importance into a league where they dont belong.
    Aquaman is a better character than Wonder Woman. Don't deny it, you know it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by lariatofhestia View Post
    It sounds just like the cartoon JL. Batman clearly will job everyone, while they all will look incompetent.
    What else is Batman supposed to do? Throw Batarangs and be cute? Batman fits the League best when he's the strategist of the group as he's portrayed as the smartest. That doesn't mean he's going to boss everyone around, just give the others advice like Cap did in the Avengers. I don't remember people saying that Iron Man and the Hulk came off as "incompetent".
    Last edited by Aquacatlungfish; 12-31-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin View Post
    It's just like the great cerebral dialogue in that blockbluster money making Avengers, isn;t it?
    Well... I don't personally like Joss Whedon's writing but I'll admit there's a certain geeky wit to it. I might be one of the only people who saw the Avengers and thought it was pretty bad film, but it certainly had better dialogue than that shockingly bad line which is just a poor rip off of Aquaman's line to her from Flashpoint: Wonder Woman and the Furies. "You're Fierce!" Sounded much better.

Batman as the group's strategist sounds fine to me, kind of like how he is in the current book, but "easily the most complex written" kind of makes me wary. It's like there's a default writing mode that dictates that Batman can't do anything physically on par with his teammates, so he has to be the guy who has to do the thinking, and in the wrong writer's hands that means Batman does all the thinking whereas everyone stands and waits for his direction. Really, at best that makes the other characters boring from a narrative perspective, and at worst look like morons. There has to be a better medium in which Batman can be a key player on the Justice League, but without nerfing the other heroes' abilities and critical thinking skills.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    Aquaman is a better character than Wonder Woman. Don't deny it, you know it's true.
    I believe there is a very good reason Aquaman acquired a reputation for being uncool, and no amout of Johns boosting or Lee spread-paging will change that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I believe there is a very good reason Aquaman acquired a reputation for being uncool, and no amout of Johns boosting or Lee spread-paging will change that.
    Because of some crappy cartoon and Silver Age comics? Modern age Aquaman was cool before Johns with PAD writing him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    Because of some crappy cartoon and Silver Age comics? Modern age Aquaman was cool before Johns with PAD writing him.
    Sadly they bumped him back to that Silver Age. I liked him when he looked like a pirate...not when he looks like Steve Rogers underwater cousin.

I highly doubt all of that is going to happen. Well, maybe the Superman bit.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    I liked these lines because they showed Supes for the first time being amazed at seeing a woman as strong as him. And then WW's cockiness made me smile.

Sounds good! I guess they're going with The Flash personality from the Justice League cartoon. Hope they also have a Cyborg cameo. Maybe show Victor get injured in one of Darkseid's attacks.

BANNED

Well I have no idea how valid any of this is, but it sure sounds good, that's all I can say.