Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Joker relied on his opponents being morons?

Suddenly he's a Flash rogue?
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

The Exterminator The last dalek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The stupid thing is that they didn't notice when they brought him into the cage.

Or that the mob bosses didn't shoot Joker the second he killed that bodyguard.

So yeah, Joker got by largely on people being morons and/or inexplicably unwilling to kill him.
    To be fair the mob bosses could be explained logicly that they all thought hey this guy might be able to kill Batman lets hear him out before we shoot him.

Quote Originally Posted by The last dalek View Post
    To be fair the mob bosses could be explained logicly that they all thought hey this guy might be able to kill Batman lets hear him out before we shoot him.
    That logic falls apart when the guy starts killing your bodyguards.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

The Exterminator The last dalek's Avatar

The reason they called the boddy guard in to begin with was because they didnt take him seriously. When he killed the guard they thought this guy might be able to pull it off.

The second the pulled for there guns he would have revealed the grenades he attached to himself, made for just such an occaison.
    Last edited by MorphyVSFischer; 01-02-2013 at 05:32 PM.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Palpatine's plans undermined THEMSELVES. He literally had the stupidest possible plans that were needlessly convoluted and only made things harder on himself. I don't see how the heck he'd accomplish much of anything, unless he's spotted his force-powers in Joker's body.
    Palp's a master of Plan B. You see all throughout the prequels that his initial plans don't work out... But the backup plans and improvisation made him Emperor with a pretty clean public image and people cheering for him as the hero who led them out of a war he secretly orchestrated.

He's less popular by the time of the Original Trilogy, but that's because he started an immediate shift towards intimidation tactics upon solidifying his position.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Actually, come to think of it, the moment that the Senate gives the controlling vote to Jar Jar, Emperor Jokertine will probably declare "Mission Accomplished."
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Palp's a master of Plan B. You see all throughout the prequels that his initial plans don't work out... But the backup plans and improvisation made him Emperor with a pretty clean public image and people cheering for him as the hero who led them out of a war he secretly orchestrated.

He's less popular by the time of the Original Trilogy, but that's because he started an immediate shift towards intimidation tactics upon solidifying his position.
    He's really not, but it has more to do with "Lucas writing" than anything else. His plans weren't "Plan B" as much as "makes no sense at all." PALPATINE's plans made sense, to be more precise, but any order Sidious made would have worked against what he was attempting to do had Maul/Grevious/Dooku succeeded in almost any of their goals. Sidious was basically making things harder on Palpatine's long term plans for no reason at all (besides providing action sequences).

Unless Palpy's goal is essentially, "make things harder on myself for the challenge of it," he is self-defeating in general due to purposeful convolution.

He's really not, but it has more to do with "Lucas writing" than anything else. His plans weren't "Plan B" as much as "makes no sense at all." PALPATINE's plans made sense, to be more precise, but any order Sidious made would have worked against what he was attempting to do had Maul/Grevious/Dooku succeeded in almost any of their goals. Sidious was basically making things harder on Palpatine's long term plans for no reason at all (besides providing action sequences).

Unless Palpy's goal is essentially, "make things harder on myself for the challenge of it," he is self-defeating in general due to purposeful convolution.
    Most of what Sidious was doing was either organizing the Seperatists from the shadows, or advancing Plan A.

Bear in mind that if the Separatists had accomplished a series of critical victories and conquered the Galaxy, Palpatine would have lost... But Sidious would have won. I'm pretty sure that's Plan C, though.

Plan A is basically just a slightly quicker version of what happened, with less unexpected complications. Maul is fairly likely to have survived Plan A, for one thing.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Veteran Member

I'll just give one example: The blockade served absolutely no purpose if the Senate didn't find out in a reasonable time. Yet, Sidious ordered Maul, etc. to make sure the heroes were blocked so that the Senate didn't find out. The only reason everyone didn't die is simply because R2 happened to be the one droid not shot on the ship. So he purposely subverts/extends his own plan for no reason at all. It's like he completely forgets what he's doing in his own plans, like, "I have this great multi-layered plan...oh wait, Jedi, KILL THEM ALL!" or something.

I'll just give one example: The blockade served absolutely no purpose if the Senate didn't find out in a reasonable time. Yet, Sidious ordered Maul, etc. to make sure the heroes were blocked so that the Senate didn't find out. The only reason everyone didn't die is simply because R2 happened to be the one droid not shot on the ship. So he purposely subverts/extends his own plan for no reason at all. It's like he completely forgets what he's doing in his own plans, like, "I have this great multi-layered plan...oh wait, Jedi, KILL THEM ALL!" or something.
    Actually, if the Senate didn't find out about the blockade until after the Trade Feds had illegally coerced Amidala into singing over all kinds of silly concessions, they'd have made the Senate look even more incompetent, which was the entire point of the exercise.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

I think Palpatine's plans were always to start a war between the Republic and whomever else, weaken both sides, and he takes over on the winning side.

Phantom Menace: slowly conquer planets to gain power while using his Senate position to eliminate effective response and to put himself in better positions of power.

Attack of the Clones: openly start a war using Dooku on one side and convincing the Senate to give him Commander in Chief powers while figuring out if clones or droids are the better army for him for the end game

Revenge of the Sith: Republic is winning, so he tips the balance in the Republic's side, and then eliminates the Jedi as only they can defeat him in a direct fight.

I think only in Phantom Menace was his original plans ruined and he had to completely redo things. As I recall from EU stuffs, there was no Master Syfo-Dias, and that Palpatine sent Dooku on a recruiting mission to find the best non-Force solider there was (Jango Fett as told in SW: Bounty Hunter game), and then clone the hell out of him.