Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Clearly, he becomes President, Pope and leader of Ra's organization all at the same time, then playsall three factions against one another until he can dissolve the Senate and declare himself Emperor.

Then he converts the Vatican into a flying Death fortress capable of destroying entire cities and dies when Bane chucks him into the reactor core after being asked to choose between his boss and his son.

And all the while people keep asking him how he got those scars.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Does Joker gets his magical ability of making everyone else an idiot?
    Does he need it in a Galaxy where wearing a shadowy hood and lowering your voice an octave lets you run both sides of a Civil War?
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Does he need it in a Galaxy where wearing a shadowy hood and lowering your voice an octave lets you run both sides of a Civil War?
    Hey, nobody ever said the Trade Federation leaders were smart.

And nobody else ever saw him in 'disguise', aside from Dooku who obviously had no trouble telling it was him.

Beside, even a shadowy hooded hologram is a better disguise than anything Joker ever used.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingneo View Post
    As for our favorite Dark Lord I honestly can't say. All I know is having to now face Batman, the guy who had a contingency plan against beings with similar abilities, had it work, and then had a contingency plan against that, every time he tried to pull something would suck.
    Eh, since this is Ledger Joker, it'd be Bale Bats, who has no such experience with metas nor terribly impressive prep. Palpatine should be fine.

And nobody else ever saw him in 'disguise', aside from Dooku who obviously had no trouble telling it was him.

Beside, even a shadowy hooded hologram is a better disguise than anything Joker ever used.
    A galaxy where Jar Jar Binks was given the controlling vote of the Senate, then.

Also, Joker's cop disguise without the makeup was pretty good, but that may be because my facial recognition ability is pretty piss poor.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Like I said in another thread, the Dark Side clouds all.

Especially the intelligence of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Eh, since this is Ledger Joker, it'd be Bale Bats, who has no such experience with metas nor terribly impressive prep. Palpatine should be fine.
    *shivers at the thought*

I suspect Joker will attempt to push the Republic into a chaotic stew - a galactic level version of what he was trying to prove in Gotham.

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

It ends with General Grievous getting a pencil through the eye.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Considering Palpatine was actually able to manipulate people and events behind the scenes for years, I'd say Batman and Gotham city may be in trouble. While he had massive resources available to him in the Star Wars universe, it's not entirely clear how powerful Joker was; he clearly had connections and the access to disposable henchmen, weaponry, all that so I think Palpatine-Joker does quite utilizing these in a long game against the Dark Knight.

Joker inside Palpatine's body is a little trickier to predict. He's now the leader of the Galactic Alliance, he can influence billions of lives and command whole armies. The universe is f*#ked.
    Took him hundreds of years to set up a plan to defeat the Jedi, though. Also, the Darkside gave him special mind-control/influencing powers that he wouldn't have in the Joker's body. I think Palp is screwed in the DCU. Joker inside Palp's body would be interesting to see. He would probably defeat all the Jedi by himself with crazy force storms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    As for Palpatine...no idea. He obviously will get involved in politics
    They have received Joker at the U.N....

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Man View Post
    He becomes the Pope.

The resemblance is uncanny.
    Some one really should sneak some Imperial March music into 1 of his masses...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Veteran Member

Joker had omniscient prep that perfectly predicted what people would do and then had counter-plans just in case they made a different decision. He also worked more like a force of chaos than a person, being able to appear any and everywhere necessary, and needing Batman to literally invent a god-machine to be able to locate him (a machine that can find any person on the planet is ridiculous, even for Batman).

Palpatine's plans undermined THEMSELVES. He literally had the stupidest possible plans that were needlessly convoluted and only made things harder on himself. I don't see how the heck he'd accomplish much of anything, unless he's spotted his force-powers in Joker's body.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Joker had omniscient prep that perfectly predicted what people would do and then had counter-plans just in case they made a different decision.
    They also all relied on people being absolute morons* and devices like those that calculate the weight of a boat not working.

*: Up to and including the policemen not noticing the guy shouting and groaning in pain who obviously had had amateur surgery performed on him.

Veteran Member

They also all relied on people being absolute morons* and devices like those that calculate the weight of a boat not working.

*: Up to and including the policemen not noticing the guy shouting and groaning in pain who obviously had had amateur surgery performed on him.
    You're seriously complaining that the police didn't expect someone to have a bomb sown into them? People watching the movie didn't even predict that, how would police?

They were looking at the guy and noticed the wound - the second they started paying attention to it, Joker triggered the bomb (and you still wouldn't expect a walking bomb like that coming from anyone, ever).

The stupid thing is that they didn't notice when they brought him into the cage.

And no, I don't expect policemen to expect human bombs - expect them to notice when someone has had amateur surgery performed on him and is as a result moaning and screaming in pain and maybe, just maybe, look at him before toss him in a cage full of people.

But then, this is the same movie where a bus covered in dust and debris which just rammed into a bank is completely untrackable.

Or that the mob bosses didn't shoot Joker the second he killed that bodyguard.

So yeah, Joker got by largely on people being morons and/or inexplicably unwilling to kill him.