Default recently came upon this classic....... 1940 Batman #1

So I recently found a 1940 Batman #1 comic book. It isnt in the greatest condition. I am looking to sell the comic because I'm not a collector so I would rather sell it to someone that would appreciate it. I have researched the value of the comic and have found a wide range of prices. I was just trying to get some more opinions about the value of the comic. Also should I have it graded before I sell it. Thanks for the help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batman #1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	106507

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Yep, you should have it graded. Although it would get a low grade, there are still many who'd want to line up for it and would still pay good money for it. I'd recommend you use CGC.
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Also, it looks like that cover's been stapled on. Maybe it's just because it fell of at one point, but you might want to make sure the comic inside is also Batman #1 and not a reprint (or a different comic entirely).
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

I have been looking it up online and it appears to be the original comic on the inside

I wish I could just "find" a Batman #1. Though, I'd settle for a #2 or 3, I suppose.

False alarm, everyone. We determined on the Batman Forum that it's one of the old Famous First Editions with the outer cover removed.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Buzzkill! Ah, well. I'm sure even a raggedy copy of a real Batman #1 would at least earn a few bucks, staples and all.

I figured that might be the case.

Haven't heard of that happening in a while.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    False alarm, everyone. We determined on the Batman Forum that it's one of the old Famous First Editions with the outer cover removed.
    If someone gave me 1, 000 every time this had happened, I'd have a Batman No. 1 by now.