Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm not sure he actually has one stand out enemy of the bunch. A lot of them (Krang, Attuma, Llyra) all kind of blend together.

My personal fave is Tiger Shark.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    Reed's wang or Bendis.

Suma Ket, Krang, Byrrah, and Attuma all had their moments. Tiger Shark was turned into a joke for no reason and I always found it weird. Unlike the Rhino, he didn't start out as a goof.

Some of his various WWII/Invaders enemies still have mileage.
    I personally liked Bendis' Namor. I thought he was used well in the Illuminati for the most part.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Dr. Dorcas
    Greek gods are big with the Atlanteans, so any of them who've pissed Neptune off. IIRC, he fought Ares as Venus' champion.
    Capt. Barracuda

But Attuma and Krang would be the biggest.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    that story was in issues #36-40?, where they ever collected?
    So far, Byrne's Namor series has been collected under the Visionary umbrella. But since he left the title around that time (Bob Harras completed the Doom/Namor arc IIRC), I have doubts whether or not Marvel will put out any more volumes unless they do it as a Jae Lee Visionary, much like some of the Fantastic Four is collected as George Perez Visionary volume.

As for the OP, Tiger Shark seemed to be the one that IMO could really go one on one with Namor. Warlord Krang and Prince Byrahh provided palace intrigue type of conflict. Attuma recently got a power up in the recent mini "Made Men" but unless I missed it, I've not seen him since.

Of course there's always Doom but sometimes Doom acts sort of like Namor's Iago, whispering in his ear in order to instigate some greater plot against a common enemy. I think they both are not above using the other if need be. Namor did take shelter in Latveria for some undetermined span of time towards the end of CW and IMO it's still not clear what he knew about Doom's plot against Black Panther. And those two (Namor & BP) are not exactly chummy right now.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-31-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    So far, Byrne's Namor series has been collected under the Visionary umbrella. But since he left the title around that time (Bob Harras completed the Doom/Namor arc IIRC), I have doubts whether or not Marvel will put out any more volumes unless they do it as a Jae Lee Visionary, much like some of the Fantastic Four is collected as George Perez Visionary volume.

As for the OP, Tiger Shark seemed to be the one that IMO could really go one on one with Namor. Warlord Krang and Prince Byrahh provided a sort of palace intrigue sort of conflict. Attuma recently got a power up in the recent mini "Made Men" but unless I missed it, I've not seen him since.

Of course there's always Doom but sometimes Doom acts sort of like Namor's Iago, whispering in his ear in order to instigate some greater plot against a common enemy. I think they both are not above using the other if need be. Namor did take shelter in Latveria for some undetermined span of time towards the end of CW and IMO it's still not clear what he knew about Doom's plot against Black Panther. And those two (Namor & BP) are not exactly chummy right now.
    Thing is, even Tiger Shark only maxes out at class 75 in the water. So on paper, even he really isn't in Namors league in a straight fight if push comes to shove. Though Orka is as strong as Namor.

Looking at it, I think Namors rogues arguably need a bit of an upgrade.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Personally, I always attributed Attuma as being his archnemesis though I think originally Krang was supposed to be his chief foe. There are tonnes out there though and much more enemies compared to his DC counterpart in Aquaman I think but not much has been done with them. Though I do agree with others that technically Namor himself is perhaps is own worst enemy. Namor is quite a different creature compared to Aquaman as he tends to be proud, arrogant and equably capable of ticking off and picking fights with other heroes. At least, thats my opinion.

Though I do think Namors rogues needs some focus and hype on them once more. I know he had a title a while back but it just didn't grip me so wouldn't mind seeing a new Namor run that actually uses his rogues more.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Thing is, even Tiger Shark only maxes out at class 75 in the water. So on paper, even he really isn't in Namors league in a straight fight if push comes to shove. Though Orka is as strong as Namor.

Looking at it, I think Namors rogues arguably need a bit of an upgrade.
    Possibly, if Marvel ever decided to undertake a Namor solo. Unfortunately, I think they've done just about all the new titles/relaunches they're going to do for a while. The last Namor solo lasted about a dozen issues but sadly I think readers only what to see Avengers or X-titles these days. I doubt will ever again see the day when you had a Namor ongoing, along with Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer,etc.

But what ever happened with that two-headed Tiger Shark? I think that he was so vicious, with fewer limits than Namor makes him dangerous. did he go cannibal or something?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-02-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Possibly, if Marvel ever decided to undertake a Namor solo. Unfortunately, I think they've done just about all the new titles/relaunches they're going to do for a while. The last Namor solo lasted about a dozen issues but sadly I think readers only what to see Avengers or X-titles these days. I doubt will ever again see the day when you had a Namor ongoing, along with Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer,etc.

But what ever happened with that two-headed Tiger Shark? I think that he was so vicious, with fewer limits that Namor makes him dangerous. did he go cannibal or something?
    That's a good point. Namor's more a team book guy at this point, on the X-Men and now New Avengers. In team books, you really don't need to worry too much about buidling an individual characters rogues gallery. Both the Avengers and X-Men already have plenty.

Not sure I recall the two headed Tiger Shark. I'm gonna have to google that.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

I don't think we were shown what happened with the two-headed Tiger Shark.

Which is just fine by me, because I tend to think of two-headed creatures/characters as unnecessarily silly.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I remember the guy who was called Destiny. I don't know if he was mutant or not, be he caused a little bit of a problem for Namor. Maybe not number one enemy, but still, in top 10.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Destiny isn't in the picture but he did prove a major obstacle in the history of Namor.

I personally liked Bendis' Namor. I thought he was used well in the Illuminati for the most part.
    I felt like he was written "inoffensively" at best, where he just got to be edgy and tough. I think it's pretty transparent when Bendis isn't writing one of the characters he has a strong grasp on, and I never felt like it was a character he could or would write full time. Also, I blame him in part for AvX, to say nothing of Dark Reign.

It's a pretty vague stat that writing could easily get around

NO.1 enemy for Namor and pretty much all superheroes - bad writers. A poor writer can write garbage but a bad writer can cause years of continuity to go away or worst come to worst , having him killed.

Veteran Member

I hears it was a tuna, but that doesn't make any sense.

Krang and Attuma.

Although, Krang has sort of wandered into rival territory if his recent appearances in Casey's Defenders lineup and Namor's last solo series (he tried a coup but teams up with Namor at the end to save Atlantis from a bigger threat and to gain more political power) are taken into account.

Dr. Dorcas actually was in Parker's Thunderbolts run a year or so ago looking as shown below after... recreation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	310px-Lemuel_dorcas_thunderbolts_171.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	106575

Namor REALLY needs another legit shot at a solo, half of his last one was wasted on underwater vampires and reintroducing his background for new readers. He never got a chance to actually fight any legit villains on his own.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    BAGGY PANTS
    Fixed.
    Last edited by Wellman; 01-01-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    I always felt it was a tie between Krang an Attuma. With Krang leading just slightly.
    Yeah, I always thought they were his Ocean Master and Black Manta.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...