BANNED

Default Wonder Woman in DKSA and ASBAR

So I was rereading DKSA recently and I can't help but fall in love with how awful Miller's WW. She's possibly the worst portrayed in the whole league (barring Martian Manhunter being unrecognizable) and I laughed at how bad her dialogue is. What did you think?

I prefer the Frank Miller version of WW in the Dark Knight Strikes Again and ASBAR to the main pre-Flashpoint universe WW because she is a militant feminist who desperately wants some sex with Superman.

I haven't read either, or any Miller for that matter. But I have noticed that from when the N52 Wonder Woman/Superman pairing was announced a lot of the objections seemed to be based in hating how Miller wrote it in these books.

A complete psychopath. Totally unrecogizable as Wonder Woman, and a complete mangling of her character.

But I love her anyway. If she was an original character, she'd be one of my favorites. So awesome in her viciousness.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    I haven't read either, or any Miller for that matter. But I have noticed that from when the N52 Wonder Woman/Superman pairing was announced a lot of the objections seemed to be based in hating how Miller wrote it in these books.
    But it's the best portrayal of the SMWW relationship yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    But it's the best portrayal of the SMWW relationship yet!
    I disagreed. I liked Kingdom Come's verison more.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    A complete psychopath. Totally unrecogizable as Wonder Woman, and a complete mangling of her character.

But I love her anyway. If she was an original character, she'd be one of my favorites. So awesome in her viciousness.
    This was pretty much my feelings. I don't hate Miller's recent stuff as much as some people do, but I do tend to view DKR, DKSA, ASBAR etc as one completely self contained alternate universe, same as Earth Two or any other. That way the dude in red and blue is NOT the Superman I know, Wonder Woman is not and never was a peaceful ambassador or messenger etc. What they do and say is not out of character for these brand new versions, but it would be if they were supposed to be the 'usual' characters.

When I approach it this way, as you say the quote-unquote 'Wonder Woman' is actually quite a fun character.