Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 102
  1. #1
    The REAL king of atlantis NamorSuperStrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    90

    Default Thor Vs Green Lantern

    Thor Vs Green lantern..... ok Thor would take this if he was fighting Kyle Rayner. Kyle Rayner Even though being a green lantern He's pretty freaking weak (compared to the other green lanterns.) He Gets his ass handed to him on like a daily bases. Im not sure about Guy Gardner since i dont really like him. But Hal And John. They stomp Thor with ease.
    Specifically Hal Who mind controlled an entire freaking planet

  2. #2
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....
    Posts
    7,947

    Default

    Actually Kyle has better creativity feats than pretty much any of the others.

    Generally though, auto-shields with ludicrous numbers of other weird ring-powers win.

    Also.... if there are versions of this fight that you think are curbstomps, and you're still posting them, it's against the rules. Deliberate curbstomps are not allowed.
    Last edited by Beadle; 12-30-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

  3. #3
    The REAL king of atlantis NamorSuperStrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Actually Kyle has better creativity feats than pretty much any of the others.

    Generally though, auto-shields with ludicrous numbers of other weird ring-powers win.

    Also.... if there are versions of this fight that you think are curbstomps, and you're still posting them, it's against the rules. Deliberate curbstomps are not allowed.
    ok so to make it not Deliberate Could he Beat Guy ? i

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    30,934

    Default

    Why do you bother creating posts for others to debate, when your opening post "tells" us who wins anyway?

    I mean, 99% of the time, what you tell everyone in the opening post is wrong, but that's by the by...

    And if you think something is a stomp (not that this is anything like a stomp, even though you think it is), posting deliberate stomps isn't allowed. You know this.

    And is that scan not Pre-Crisis Hal anyway? Question, not a fact.
    Last edited by KJ Stewart; 12-30-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Chou quoting me made me notice a typo

  5. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    30,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NamorSuperStrong View Post
    ok so to make it not Deliberate Could he Beat Guy ? i
    Yes, he can beat Guy.

    He can also beat the better GLs, but they can also beat him. It's probably 5/10 each against Kyle and Hal.

    This has been done many times.

  6. #6

    Default

    Going by my knowledge of Hal feats, Hal has moved faster than light, moved continents, moons, planets, his power ring beam is deemed powerful enough by Superman to reach almost infinite levels, and has been capable of shielding blasts far more powerful than nukes, so yeah, if he wasn't jobbed he'd utterly curbstomp Thor. As for the other GLs, they're not as powerful as him but I reckon John would have a decent shot, followed by Kyle & Guy, and Simon would be curbstomped.

  7. #7
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    30,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Hal has moved faster than light
    After relatively prolonged build-up and not during close-combat, so not really relevant here.

    Plus, Thor has attacks that move that quick...

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    moved continents, moons, planets
    So has Thor.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    his power ring beam is deemed powerful enough by Superman to reach almost infinite levels
    Hyperbole isn't relevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    and has been capable of shielding blasts far more powerful than nukes
    Which Thor is also durable enough to tank.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    so yeah, if he wasn't jobbed he'd utterly curbstomp Thor
    Bearing all of the above in mind... no.

  8. #8
    Elder Member Holacik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,318

    Default

    I thought the last time this came up, it was thought that Thor wins Via superspeed and draining the Shields with Mljnoir.
    Siriel; You have spectacularly failed to understand my post.

  9. #9
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    6,840

    Default

    Yup, I'm pretty sure that's how it ended. Thor has enough of a speed-edge over any of the un-amped human GL's to start some energy absorption with Mjolnir, and Mjolnir has feats for absorbing way past one ring's energies.

    If you give a GL prep, he can speed-amp himself to way-past-Thor level and win, IIRC.

  10. #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    30,934

    Default

    There is no way Thor is fast enough to completely drain the shields before any GL has a chance to do something.

    Thor may be quicker than all human GLs at base level, but the drain process itself has never been shown to be anywhere near that quick. Especially on something this powerful.

    The time spent slowly draining an autoshield could be spent by the GL slowly amping speed/strength etc. Basically, they need to go at it hard from the bell, bloodlusted. And that's a 50/50. I'd say standing there draining/amping in a bloodlusted match would need some serious PIS on their part, because neither of them are stupid.

    Against the better GL's, it's essentially a 50/50.
    Last edited by KJ Stewart; 12-30-2012 at 08:18 AM.

  11. #11
    Tach Crew Member Light Yagami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United Kingodom
    Posts
    315

    Default

    this thread and the posts made me laugh

  12. #12
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    30,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami View Post
    this thread and the posts made me laugh
    Do enlighten us...

  13. #13
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    6,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    There is no way Thor is fast enough to completely drain the shields before any GL has a chance to do something.

    Thor may be quicker than all human GLs at base level, but the drain process itself has never been shown to be anywhere near that quick. Especially on something this powerful.
    Mjolnir has drained all the energy from what was narratively a galaxy-busting attack in real time. I don't see why it couldn't drain the ring dry as fast as it can spit energy. And Thor's sped advantage is so vast that he would, in fact, have time to do kick off a drain before Hal/Kyle/John/Guy could act - given that none of them are particularly close to CBPH, much less Thor's speed.

  14. #14
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    30,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Mjolnir has drained all the energy from what was narratively a galaxy-busting attack in real time. I don't see why it couldn't drain the ring dry as fast as it can spit energy. And Thor's sped advantage is so vast that he would, in fact, have time to do kick off a drain before Hal/Kyle/John/Guy could act - given that none of them are particularly close to CBPH, much less Thor's speed.
    One thought and the GL could have Mjolnir bubbled up in a construct.

    Thor is quick. He's not "completely drain a massively powered weapon before it's wielder thinks once" quick.

    This has all been discussed many times before here.

  15. #15
    Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    13,177

    Default

    I would probably edge Kyle, if we are talking post-crisis. His feats were INSANE. But I am a little biased.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •