Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I liked it, still do somewhat.
    I actually haven't seen much of the original but I'm sure that's awesome too and the Abridged series is hilarious.
    Finally, the manga is utterly hilarious at times due to how point and click the Senshi are in that.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

I used to watch the show; it's a fun, light take on superheroes. I felt a little odd, since I am so not part of the target audience. But no guilt, certainly not because of the 'nudity' involved. Compared to some of the manga I've seen since, Sailor Moon was pretty tame stuff.
    Besides, Sailor Jupiter was a babe.
    HAIL HYDROX!

If you're so smart, why aren't you naked?

Transformers Animated fan

I watched the original series. I'm not part of the target audience, but I found it enjoyable. Though I wasn't able to watch the subsequent continuations, it still fills me with nostalgia of the first wave of anime shows that became available.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

Considering the content of the series, long legged womens in skimpy stuff and such, asking if anyone's "guilty pleasure" is it......was hilarious wording.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

it helped me get through puberty.

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    it helped me get through puberty.
    ^ this guy gets it.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodoc View Post
    Besides, Sailor Jupiter was a babe.
    Is it because she had talent?

I never really watched it after the first 2 or 3 seasons. I didn't dislike it, but it started to drift away from my comfort zone in terms of themes.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

Veteran Member

I liked it as much as the next indiscriminate cartoon consuming guy when it was airing, and I plan to read the manga Sailor V included.

Only marginally interested in 2013 SM so far.

Starting the operation! GrampaGen's Avatar

I liked Mercury, and that's about it. Mostly because she got her civilian priorities straight.

Everyone else: Sweets! Shopping! Freedom! Boys!

Ami: ...University and post-grad Med School!

Mind, I only saw the DiC dub during syndication, so eh.

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

I liked Sailor Jupiter because she beat guys up.

Like any 80's kid i do know the name but hell, i just can't remember a thing about it. Nor most of the characters, the plots or even what this stuff was about.

Shame considering how much my sisters used to watch and love it.

Speaking as a guy who barely has a familiarity with the "magical girl" genre besides Sailor moon and cardcaptors.

Yeah,guilty in the sense that I was little kid at the time watching a "girly show" not b/c of the sexual stuff I didn't know about until years later.Sailor moon I eventually watched and actually got to understand better than my own sister ^_^ ; b/c in those days I was starting to force myself to watch anime b/c I felt that there was something different about it.Maybe noticing how different sounding the names in the credits were,finally got to me I don't know.This included forcing myself to watch stuff that I barely understood like all the military & political babble of "Gundam Wing".I was 10-11ish and it was 2001-2002.Oh and you know how they say they tried to market "Cardcaptors" as a more action oriented anime instead of all girly like?.Yeah,well that worked on me.I found to be more fun and sorta more understandable then Sailor moon (not to say that Sailor Moon wasn't understandably enjoyable esp.for little girls).Lei's attitude and cool look (to me at the time) in Cardcaptors helped too.This helped for when I heard my little cousin talk about liking "Tokyo Mew mew" years and me greatly liking watching "Madoka Magica" over the holidays even if it's genre that I'm hardly familiar with getting deconstructed.

Makes me wanna ask:how would a Serena meeting Wonder Woman encounter go?.Esp.if they fight and we see the differences btw an anime fight with a narmy tokusatsu vibe compared to a run-of-the mill rough and tumble DC fight ? .
    Last edited by piloting; 02-11-2013 at 02:20 PM.

As a kid, I used to hate on the show. I imagined how a crossover between Sailor Moon and Ronin Warriors (another show with multi-colored costumes/armor) would go. It's funny because as much as I hated the show, I wanted to catch what I thought was the final episode with Sailor Moon and the evil queen. Sailor Moon earned my respect at that point lol.
    Check out my sci-fi webcomic https://www.facebook.com/eonviant
    Connect with me on Twitter https://twitter.com/TristanMcClark

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan_MC View Post
    As a kid, I used to hate on the show. I imagined how a crossover between Sailor Moon and Ronin Warriors (another show with multi-colored costumes/armor) would go. It's funny because as much as I hated the show, I wanted to catch what I thought was the final episode with Sailor Moon and the evil queen. Sailor Moon earned my respect at that point lol.
    This. I always wanted to see a crossover between these two as a kid.