View Poll Results: Hardcover or Trade Paperback?!

Voters
18. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Hardcover

9 50.00%
  • Trade Paperback

4 22.22%
  • Single Issues

1 5.56%
  • Doesn't Matter

4 22.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Big and hard and if possible but not a must, protection.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

I prefer hardcovers for look and ease of use.

Quote Originally Posted by batman_pwns View Post
    Single issues all the way for me. There's two main reasons why I don't like trade collections (either soft or hard cover). One is I am just too old and stubborn to change formats, and the other is that I hate gutter loss and you are always going to get gutter loss with trades.
    This is one thing singles have going for it, I like how they lay out to allow for full view of the pages, gutter lose can be an issue. I know there are nice ways to store single issues without ugly boxes stacked up.

Trades or singles: hardcovers are too expensive for me.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Hardcovers-Marvel's been kicking ass with them for years, and I tend to lend my books out to ppl, so something a little toughter is nice.

I still buy more singles than anything else though, and some books are only avail in trade, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I tend towards HCs because, in general, they will hold more issues and/or supplemental material. If the HC and TPB are collecting the same material, then I'll probably go with the tpb because it's almost always cheaper.

I don't bag either. I put them on bookshelves. That's what I find the biggest advantage that collected editions have over individual issues-- easier to store and pull off a shelf when you want to read them.
    I agree with this. I buy singles for my regular titles and get the hardcovers for things I can't find or for special runs that I already have the singles for but get the HC as an easier way to pull off the shelf and re-read. I do these with special runs like certain Avengers arcs
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.