View Poll Results: which actor had the best batman voice?

Voters
125. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Adam west

8 6.40%
  • Michael keaton

12 9.60%
  • val kilmer

1 0.80%
  • george clooney

0 0%
  • kevin conroy

82 65.60%
  • christian bale

22 17.60%
  • peter weller

0 0%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The Livewire

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Yeah, he's got a lot of range. His Batman is comedic gold, but there's also some dramatic, emotional moments that the series doesn't get enough credit for.
    I agree on Bader. I kind of had the same initial reaction I had to Keaton as Batman. "Whuh?" In both cases I was pleasantly surprised. I also think it is a 'Batman of the times' thing. West's Batman wouldn't have worked in a Nolan film, anymore than Conroy's Batman would have worked in Superfriends. (Though that would be hilarious to watch, Superfriends redubbed with Conroy's voice.)

Kevin Conroy is a Voice Actor, not an Actor. There's a big difference between sitting in a recording studio, water bottle in hand, and actually being out there filming. Bale's voice is more intimidating, and it actually disguises his identity. Nobody could guess that Batman was Bale, but Conroy's Batman and Bruce voice are nearly identical. It really makes me mad when people say Conroy IS Batman. No, he's a guy who sits in a recording booth and delivers emotionless, monotone lines.

The Livewire

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Kevin Conroy is a Voice Actor, not an Actor. There's a big difference between sitting in a recording studio, water bottle in hand, and actually being out there filming. Bale's voice is more intimidating, and it actually disguises his identity. Nobody could guess that Batman was Bale, but Conroy's Batman and Bruce voice are nearly identical. It really makes me mad when people say Conroy IS Batman. No, he's a guy who sits in a recording booth and delivers emotionless, monotone lines.
    Someone's fanboy got hurt?

As the IMDB points out, Kevin Conroy has done several live action roles, Dating back to 1978. FYI, Christian Bale wasn't even in Kindergarden when Kevin Conroy started acting.

I suppose you don't consider Orson Wells an Actor then?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Livewire View Post
    Someone's fanboy got hurt?

As the IMDB points out, Kevin Conroy has done several live action roles, Dating back to 1978. FYI, Christian Bale wasn't even in Kindergarden when Kevin Conroy started acting.

I suppose you don't consider Orson Wells an Actor then?
    I'm just saying it's a lot harder to compare the two. Conroy isn't Batman, simple as that. I think, quite frankly, people just have an overwhelming nostalgia for TAS. What does age have to with anything? If anything, it just makes the notion of Conroy BEING Batman even more ridiculous.

The Livewire

I'm just saying it's a lot harder to compare the two. Conroy isn't Batman, simple as that. I think, quite frankly, people just have an overwhelming nostalgia for TAS. What does age have to with anything? If anything, it just makes the notion of Conroy BEING Batman even more ridiculous.
    Well it's easy to read demeaning into KC's work when you call him "a voice actor, not an actor". I was pointing out that he's an actor, as much if not moreso than Bale.

Heck, how many stuntmen did the movies have? How can you say Conroy isn't Batman when Bale had all those stuntmen?

Not to mention, look at the thread title. Now read the last word. I'll spell it out v.o.i.c.e Kevin Conroy's voice is, despite your whining about 'nostalgia' THE Batman voice for a lot of people. He's been doing it longer than Bale, is still doing it. It's like asking who has the best Optimus Prime voice. Most people are going to say Peter Cullen.

Now I'm sorry if you think Mister Hoarse voice is better, and you're in the minority.

(Aside on the live action Batmen. I think Keaton did the best as Wayne & Batman. Val Kilmer was a good Batman, CLoony was a good Wayne. Keaton was able to play both sides)
    Last edited by The_Livewire; 01-02-2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Edit to use exact words.

Check my avatar for my answer.
    "If anyone has a long face at my funeral, I'll never speak to them again"

Quote Originally Posted by The_Livewire View Post
    Well it's easy to read demeaning into KC's work when you call him "a voice actor, not an actor". I was pointing out that he's an actor, as much if not moreso than Bale.

Heck, how many stuntmen did the movies have? How can you say Conroy isn't Batman when Bale had all those stuntmen?

Not to mention, look at the thread title. Now read the last word. I'll spell it out v.o.i.c.e Kevin Conroy's voice is, despite your whining about 'nostalgia' THE Batman voice for a lot of people. He's been doing it longer than Bale, is still doing it. It's like asking who has the best Optimus Prime voice. Most people are going to say Peter Cullen.

Now I'm sorry if you think Mister Hoarse voice is better, and you're in the minority.

(Aside on the live action Batmen. I think Keaton did the best as Wayne & Batman. Val Kilmer was a good Batman, CLoony was a good Wayne. Keaton was able to play both sides)
    We'll agree to disagree, I think TAS to be a juvenile show, Conroy an untalented voice actor, and their relentless support sickening. As for live action, Keaton wasn't too good a Batman. He wasn't very intimidating. Can't comment on Clooney, never seen Batman and Robin, but Kilmer was a bit stale, and not a good Wayne. All that, IMO

We'll agree to disagree, I think TAS to be a juvenile show, Conroy an untalented voice actor, and their relentless support sickening.
    You're agreeing to disagree with a lot of people here...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

We'll agree to disagree, I think TAS to be a juvenile show, Conroy an untalented voice actor, and their relentless support sickening. As for live action, Keaton wasn't too good a Batman. He wasn't very intimidating. Can't comment on Clooney, never seen Batman and Robin, but Kilmer was a bit stale, and not a good Wayne. All that, IMO
    Ok now you're just trying way too hard to troll the fans of Conroy/TAS, how was the show juvenile? And Conroy may get a sickening amount of support I'll agree but how is he untalented?
    Last edited by Lex Von Doom; 01-02-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Von Doom View Post
    Ok now you're just trying way too hard to troll the fans of Conroy/TAS, how was the show juvenile? And Conroy may get a sickening amount of support I'll agree but how is he untalented?
    I'm not trolling, it's just an opinion. I'm a Batman fan, you guys are Batman fans. Just differing opinions regarding certain Batman related entertainment. If I were to say that Year One was trash, it'd be an unpopular opinion, but still an opinion that I'm entitled to, and vice versa. For the record, I love Year One. The show was juvenile in the sense that it appeals to young kids, the plots are geared for younger kids, and there are many, many jokes. It's on Cartoon Network, pretty much a kids network. It's basically Nickelodeon but all cartoons. Conroy's voice in TAS, not so much in Arkham City, is incredibly nasal-y, as if he has a stuffed nose the whole time. He can't seem to convey any emotion in his voice or seperate Bruce and Batman's voices.

BANNED

TAS was less juvenile than most Batman comics and the a lot of the Batman films. It had a children's audience, but the character himself was treated as an adult which is why it holds up well to the grown up fans of the show. While comics now try to be more "adult" by doing edgy things they end up just being adolescent and not mature at all.

I'm not trolling, it's just an opinion. I'm a Batman fan, you guys are Batman fans. Just differing opinions regarding certain Batman related entertainment. If I were to say that Year One was trash, it'd be an unpopular opinion, but still an opinion that I'm entitled to, and vice versa. For the record, I love Year One. The show was juvenile in the sense that it appeals to young kids, the plots are geared for younger kids, and there are many, many jokes. It's on Cartoon Network, pretty much a kids network. It's basically Nickelodeon but all cartoons. Conroy's voice in TAS, not so much in Arkham City, is incredibly nasal-y, as if he has a stuffed nose the whole time. He can't seem to convey any emotion in his voice or seperate Bruce and Batman's voices.
    Of course there are going to be jokes and lighthearted parts to it, as mature of a cartoon as it was let's not forget at the end of the day it was still a children's superhero cartoon. Still though compared to other superhero kids cartoons like Ultimate Spider-Man it's very mature. I think Conroy shows plenty of emotion in his voice I could see an argument perhaps being made for the voice he used from The New Batman Adventures to Justice League Unlimited but during Batman: TAS from 1992-1995 he used a less monotone voice.

He could sound intimidating "I am vengeance. I am the night. I AM BATMAN!", had a funny sarcastic tone when making a joke, like after Talia shoos a rat away from his unconcious body saying "shoo filthy creature" he replies "I've been called worse", or even compassionate like when he tells Jim Gordon "You are a hero Jim." I could see an argument being made for others like Bale who I think has an underrated voice but Conroy is the best imo.

BANNED

You're setting the bar low with Ultimate Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Von Doom View Post
    Of course there are going to be jokes and lighthearted parts to it, as mature of a cartoon as it was let's not forget at the end of the day it was still a children's superhero cartoon. Still though compared to other superhero kids cartoons like Ultimate Spider-Man it's very mature. I think Conroy shows plenty of emotion in his voice I could see an argument perhaps being made for the voice he used from The New Batman Adventures to Justice League Unlimited but during Batman: TAS from 1992-1995 he used a less monotone voice.

He could sound intimidating "I am vengeance. I am the night. I AM BATMAN!", had a funny sarcastic tone when making a joke, like after Talia shoos a rat away from his unconcious body saying "shoo filthy creature" he replies "I've been called worse", or even compassionate like when he tells Jim Gordon "You are a hero Jim." I could see an argument being made for others like Bale who I think has an underrated voice but Conroy is the best imo.
    Sums up my thoughts. It's a kids show. While adults can find enjoyment out of it, it's similar to 'Bronys', and is a bit weird if adults watch it on a regular basis. It is a kids show. Same goes for other shows like My Little Pony or Spongebob.

Obviously neither of us are going to budge on his voice. I just find it to be stale, is all.

BANNED

Batman in general is a kids character. Don't try to fool yourself otherwise.