View Poll Results: which actor had the best batman voice?

Voters
125. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Adam west

8 6.40%
  • Michael keaton

12 9.60%
  • val kilmer

1 0.80%
  • george clooney

0 0%
  • kevin conroy

82 65.60%
  • christian bale

22 17.60%
  • peter weller

0 0%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SeventhTrump View Post
    I voted for Conroy because I feel that he captures the essence of who Batman is and how he would express himself to others. He is not right for every interpretation as I see him as the Batman who is at least a few years into the role.
    I see a lot of them that way, and I think the reason I like Conroy, Greenwood, and Bale so much is because they're 3 of my favorite versions of batman.

Conroy is Grant's Batman to me. Hypercompetent, balanced, and focused.

Greenwood is also Grant's Batman, but more from his JLA run. Still the character above, but with some edge to him. Still the standoffish guy when it comes to teamwork.

Bale is year one, obviously, new batman who's still a little raw.

Kevin Conroy, hands down. He can bring on the menace (remember those early B:TAS episodes where he seemed to threaten thugs every other minute?), the superhero bravado, and the seething, simmering rage hiding underneath the mask (his work in the Arkham games, particularly Arkham City).

Michael Keaton would be my runner-up.

BANNED

I'm surprised Bale is second.

Voted for Bale before I could see Conroy, lol.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I'm surprised Bale is second.
    Why surprised? This is probably the peak of his popularity as Batman.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Why surprised? This is probably the peak of his popularity as Batman.
    I can't speak for Holmes but I am surprised because his Batman voice from TDK and TDKR kind of sucks, as it sometimes added a level of silliness to what was supposed to be serious scenes. His voice was pretty good in Batman Begins, for some reason. I can't put my finger on what's the difference but it just sounded better and even threatening.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

I like Conroy a lot, and Batman TAS made me a comics fan in general, but the worship here sometimes creeps me out.
    Join us join us join us

JOIN US!!!!!
    Last edited by David Walton; 12-31-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    I can't speak for Holmes but I am surprised because his Batman voice from TDK and TDKR kind of sucks, as it sometimes added a level of silliness to what was supposed to be serious scenes. His voice was pretty good in Batman Begins, for some reason. I can't put my finger on what's the difference but it just sounded better and even threatening.
    You're right. Bale's voice was fine in BB, but it ranged from difficult to understand to comically bad in TDK and TDKR.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

I fucked up I was only thinking movie and voted for Keaton. I need to re do my vote for Conroy

Quote Originally Posted by flottanna View Post
    I fucked up I was only thinking movie and voted for Keaton. I need to re do my vote for Conroy
    I did the exact same thing.

Gah!

Keaton is the best live-action Batman on every level IMO.

BTW, I think Diedrich Bader doesn't get as much loves as he deserves for his take on Batman in Brave and the Bold.
    Last edited by David Walton; 12-31-2012 at 11:54 AM.

BANNED

I thought the Bale voice was fine in TDKR with the exception of the detonator "WHURRIZIT" scene.

I thought the Bale voice was fine in TDKR with the exception of the detonator "WHURRIZIT" scene.
    Well, Batman was only in like two scenes, so that accounts for about 50%...

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    BTW, I think Diedrich Bader doesn't get as much loves as he deserves for his take on Batman in Brave and the Bold.
    Completely agree he played a good Batman. It's weird to think of him as the guy from Office Space or the stoner neighbor from The Drew Carey Show and say that's Batman, but it worked.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Completely agree he played a good Batman. It's weird to think of him as the guy from Office Space or the stoner neighbor from The Drew Carey Show and say that's Batman, but it worked.
    Yeah, he's got a lot of range. His Batman is comedic gold, but there's also some dramatic, emotional moments that the series doesn't get enough credit for.

Weller and Conroy but no other cartoon Batmen?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...