View Poll Results: which actor had the best batman voice?

Voters
125. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Adam west

8 6.40%
  • Michael keaton

12 9.60%
  • val kilmer

1 0.80%
  • george clooney

0 0%
  • kevin conroy

82 65.60%
  • christian bale

22 17.60%
  • peter weller

0 0%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I forgot about Olan Soule, didn't he do The New Scooby-Doo Movies as well?

Jeremy Sisto from Justice League: The New Frontier was OK and honestly I liked Diedrich Bader on The Brave & The Bold. There is this great article about all the Batman actors including the early black & whites serials.

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Conroy's good, but I don't see how he's the best or has netted such a strong following. But props to him for it.
    Nostalgia for a generation who grew up on the cartoons? Isn't his run as Batman the longest as well?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

What about Diedrich Bader? I thought he did pretty good.

I voted for Keaton, thinking this was a live action poll, before I noticed Conroy.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    Conroy or GTFO.
    We agree? WE AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I like Bruce Greenwood more then Conroy now.
    Greenwood's awesome. Should definitely be on the poll. I still gotta go with Conroy, thought.

Kevin Conroy for me....except I did not like him voicing Batman in Batman:Gotham Knights..It just did not fit. but other favorites are Bruce Greenwood, Dietrich Bader, Adam West,Peter Weller, Michael Ironside( Legends as DKR Batman in BTAS episode) and Olan Soule.
    I liked Jeremy Sisto in the Justice League: New Frontier for a Golden Age Batman. I like Rino Romano as a voice actor and I liked him as a young Batman in The Batman, but I don't think he fit Batman or an old Batman in The Batman Artifacts episode. Gary Owens was fun in BTAS epidose Legends as the Dick Sprang Batman. I didn't care for Bale's voice as Batman. Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney were okay, but nothing special. William Baldwin did a pretty good job in Justice League: Crisis on Two Earth's. From the serials from the 1940's I thought Lewis Wilson and Robert Lowery were okay.I thought Benjamin Mackenzie did pretty good in Batman Year One even though most fans think not.
    Last edited by Bo-Man; 12-30-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Clint Eastwood, since most post Adam West Batman actors are doing their best Dirty Harry as the Batman Voice

Bale or GTFO

Conroy's Batman sounds like an average Joe wannabe tough guy. I can actually see his voice for Superman though.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Bale or GTFO

Conroy's Batman sounds like an average Joe wannabe tough guy. I can actually see his voice for Superman though.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah I do like Conroy a lot, but I kind of roll my eyes at this mentality that he's the be it end all Batman voice.
    I agree even though I like Conroy the best for voicing Batman. Conroy's Bats voice never sounds forced or pretentious yet sounds perfectly Batman. That's a hard feat to accomplish for most people. Bruce Greenwood is very good as well, probably my second favorite. Weller was perfect for the DKR Batman but probably not fitting for every interpretation.

Conroy's sounds the most natural, but Greenwood's isn't bad either, and I'd say Bale's voice in begins gets an honorable mention.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I love that video. I saw it a couple months back, laughed so hard. I would appreciate if you accompanied text to your post, instead of some video however.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rabbit View Post
    I agree even though I like Conroy the best for voicing Batman. Conroy's Bats voice never sounds forced or pretentious yet sounds perfectly Batman. That's a hard feat to accomplish for most people. Bruce Greenwood is very good as well, probably my second favorite. Weller was perfect for the DKR Batman but probably not fitting for every interpretation.
    I would have loved for the voice was provided by someone who played Batman in the past. Adam West would have been awesome, a chance to show some range for a change.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

I voted for Conroy because I feel that he captures the essence of who Batman is and how he would express himself to others. He is not right for every interpretation as I see him as the Batman who is at least a few years into the role.

How is this even a poll everyone knows Kevin Conroy is the King of the Batman voice same goes for Mark Hamil as the Joker

All this "Why is this a vote" and "if you don't vote Conroy you're wrong" seems a little desperate, to me. Y'all afraid of competition?