View Poll Results: Should Tony Face Charges on His Own?

Voters
47. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes. Tony Deserves to Take the Fall.

    14 29.79%
  • No. His Accomplices Should Be On Trial As Well.

    34 72.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 399
  1. #166
    ...
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    20,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenComixEnvy View Post
    So does that mean it'll burn away this thread?
    This thread works perfectly fine.

    Tony created the P5, so in a way he's responsible for Charles death.

  2. #167
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    College life, Georgia
    Posts
    4,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenComixEnvy View Post
    So does that mean it'll burn away this thread?
    Lol this thread rocks!

  3. #168
    Half Man, Half Amazing hysang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    the phoenix burns away what doesn't work.
    Can the phoenix go to DC and take a look at Congress?

    I KID, I KID.

  4. #169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    it's not your place to question the will of the phoenix. those planets were destroyed and likely for good reason.
    So if the Pheonix murders my brother I shouldn't complain? I call B.S. It's this kind of reasoning that had purges in history.

  5. #170
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    So if the Pheonix murders my brother I shouldn't complain? I call B.S. It's this kind of reasoning that had purges in history.
    the phoenix is a natural force in the universe, with a solid directive. stop trying to apply human morals to something that is so far above them. that's why tony is in the hot seat right now.

  6. #171
    Half Man, Half Amazing hysang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    The problem with your argument is that the phoenix seeks out a human host (or dupes one, as with the Jean Grey retcon).

    Unlike Galactus or any of the other primal forces of the universe, it isn't an entity which acts merely on its own. It seeks out a suitable host, and that host usually IS susceptible to human morals (as the one duping Jean Grey killed itself in order to atone for the deaths of the entire D'Bari race). Galactus didn't feel remorse until Dr. Strange made him feel the deaths of all the innocents he'd consumed since the dawn of time, and that didn't stop Galactus from sating his hunger with the Skrull homeworld mere months later.

    I agree with you that the Phoenix is a primal force of nature (hell, it's in the name...Phoenix _Force_). I DO think the writing has been inconsistent on just what the Phoenix does, which is why Logan has come off as a quisling, and worse, someone who basically dragged Jean's name through the mud. And then we have Cyclops, who was more a petulant child with cosmic power than a natural force.

    The writers need to be much better going forward, because it honestly feels like they deviated from the Force's original nature. Maybe Chris Claremont should weigh in on it or something.

  7. #172
    Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, La
    Posts
    9,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hysang View Post
    The problem with your argument is that the phoenix seeks out a human host (or dupes one, as with the Jean Grey retcon).

    Unlike Galactus or any of the other primal forces of the universe, it isn't an entity which acts merely on its own. It seeks out a suitable host, and that host usually IS susceptible to human morals (as the one duping Jean Grey killed itself in order to atone for the deaths of the entire D'Bari race). Galactus didn't feel remorse until Dr. Strange made him feel the deaths of all the innocents he'd consumed since the dawn of time, and that didn't stop Galactus from sating his hunger with the Skrull homeworld mere months later.

    I agree with you that the Phoenix is a primal force of nature (hell, it's in the name...Phoenix _Force_). I DO think the writing has been inconsistent on just what the Phoenix does, which is why Logan has come off as a quisling, and worse, someone who basically dragged Jean's name through the mud. And then we have Cyclops, who was more a petulant child with cosmic power than a natural force.

    The writers need to be much better going forward, because it honestly feels like they deviated from the Force's original nature. Maybe Chris Claremont should weigh in on it or something.
    Very well put.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

  8. #173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    the phoenix is a natural force in the universe, with a solid directive. stop trying to apply human morals to something that is so far above them. that's why tony is in the hot seat right now.
    What Directive? There's no reason given why the planets it destroyed didn't work. They actually seemed to work just fine. Who gave it the right to decide life or death? If I was the defense I would point out how much B.S this trial is. These are more than just human morals it's the right to live for all sentients. If you were in Tony's position at the time can you honestly say you would've done nothing to defend yourself if not your planet?

  9. #174
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    What Directive? There's no reason given why the planets it destroyed didn't work. They actually seemed to work just fine. Who gave it the right to decide life or death?
    whoever is in charge of the universe. what do you know about those planets? NOTHING.

  10. #175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    whoever is in charge of the universe. what do you know about those planets? NOTHING.
    We know that not everyone on those planets deserve to die for some stupid and vague reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    What Directive? There's no reason given why the planets it destroyed didn't work. They actually seemed to work just fine. Who gave it the right to decide life or death? If I was the defense I would point out how much B.S this trial is. These are more than just human morals it's the right to live for all sentients. If you were in Tony's position at the time can you honestly say you would've done nothing to defend yourself if not your planet?
    Exactly. Everything the PF is okay until its your planet. Besides the universe programmed Tony to have a desire to defend himself and the ability to bulid. His attack was justified because the universe wanted him to by that logic.
    Last edited by PlanetaryDevastation; 01-03-2013 at 01:44 PM.

  11. #176
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    We know that not everyone on those planets deserve to die for some stupid and vague reason.
    if the phoenix decided they did, then they did. simple as that.

  12. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    if the phoenix decided they did, then they did. simple as that.
    No it not. That terrible logic. Who okayed it? Why? Just because he kills the universe if it dies does not give it the right to do whatever it wants.

  13. #178
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    No it not. That terrible logic. Who okayed it? Why? Just because he kills the universe if it dies does not give it the right to do whatever it wants.
    whoever is in charge of the universe. why do you keep repeating your questions. the phoenix has a job to do, and burning away genetic dead-ends is part of that job.

  14. #179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    whoever is in charge of the universe. why do you keep repeating your questions. the phoenix has a job to do, and burning away genetic dead-ends is part of that job.
    There is no such thing as genetic dead ends. That just some psuedo-genetic nonsense used to justify killings. And even if they are they have the right to be dead ends as long as they are alive.

    There is no evidence that anything gave it the duty to kill life. That's death domain.

  15. #180
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    There is no such thing as genetic dead ends. That just some psuedo-genetic nonsense used to justify killings. And even if they are they have the right to be dead ends as long as they are alive.
    why don't you leave that sort of decision-making to the experts.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •