View Poll Results: Should Tony Face Charges on His Own?

Voters
47. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes. Tony Deserves to Take the Fall.

14 29.79%
  • No. His Accomplices Should Be On Trial As Well.

34 72.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    It's basically euthanasia, according to our human points of reference.
    Not... really. Not at all.
    Bad news everyone...

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I'm no lawyer, but I think Iron Man gets the 1st degree murder charge, and Captain America could be charged with conspiracy to commit murder.

Thor got his butt handed to him, so really he could press charges (assault) if the Phoenix was still alive.

The others are just witnesses and informants.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    I'm no lawyer,
    I don't think anyone involved will be an actual lawyer.
    Bad news everyone...

Washington.... the state not the place with the monuments.

Sideshow Bob: "I am presently incarcerated, imprisoned for a crime I did not even commit. 'Attempted murder,' now honestly, did they ever give anyone a Nobel prize for "attempted chemistry?"
    Last edited by Alex6166; 01-02-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    How exactly were any of its victims suffering?
    They would suffer in two/three generations down the line out of extinction, according to Morrison's Phoenix excuse.

Sigh. Do X-Fans have the mutation of not knowing when someone is joking?

I think they do. They take their comics very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    They would suffer in two/three generations down the line out of extinction, according to Morrison's Phoenix excuse.
    So they instead suffer sooner rather than later? That would be two hundred or three hundred years of fight. They should have the right to fight to avoid thier extinction just like everyone else does and just like the X-men does. If thier intelligent they have the right and the means to try to solve thier problems.

Instead it "Phoenix says it your time to go and if you fight it you could doom the universe. So accept your death." Nothing about that bothers you? That you are doomed because something you are and you have no chance of even trying to become more.

And what says so? What is this doom that demands thier extinction now? What could be worse than fiery death for unknown reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    the phoenix is the guardian of the universe.
    If that's the case it sucked at that Job which I'll say for the following reason: It was destroying planets There are witnesses and video proof of this. I'm 100% sure that guardians aren't suppose to do that. How is what I say Irelavent? If the trial shouldn't be taking place then the other Avengers shouldn't be put on trial.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    If that's the case it sucked at that Job which I'll say for the following reason: It was destroying planets There are witnesses and video proof of this. I'm 100% sure that guardians aren't suppose to do that. How is what I say Irelavent? If the trial shouldn't be taking place then the other Avengers shouldn't be put on trial.
    it's not your place to question the will of the phoenix. those planets were destroyed and likely for good reason.

Of course Tony should be on trial - by trying to kill off the Force, he endangered Earth and every lifeforms on it.

it's not your place to question the will of the phoenix. those planets were destroyed and likely for good reason.
    Seeing as I don't remember Earth making Phoenixism the official and unquestioned world religion, I'm going to go ahead and say, "Nuts to that."

The Phoenix has been shown to be sentient, and therefore understands the difference between life and death. And once she decides that the lives of those planets was insignificant compared to her vaguely defined eugenic projects, she becomes the villain. The universe should be giving the Avengers a medal, and should kick over any other ill-tempered cosmic abominations while they're at it. Don't worry, guys; we got this.

BANNED

the phoenix burns away what doesn't work.

So does that mean it'll burn away this thread?

Apply that on sentient beings and be prepared to be called a monster. Try that and watch what doesn't work rise up to defend itself.

Besides since Tony's machine shattered the phoenix, it need to burn itself since it doesn't work.