View Poll Results: Should Tony Face Charges on His Own?

Voters
47. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes. Tony Deserves to Take the Fall.

14 29.79%
  • No. His Accomplices Should Be On Trial As Well.

34 72.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    it's a valid question based on an upcoming event for iron man. he is standing trial. this thread is not about whether the trial should exist or not. that is beside the point and irrelevant. it is happening.

if you'd like to start a thread asking whether a trial should be had or not, be my guest.

the question of this thread is: should he stand trial alone, or amongst others? is this fair?
    Aces I think they're trying to say no because the trail itself shouldn't be taking place which I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Aces I think they're trying to say no because the trail itself shouldn't be taking place which I agree with.
    Yeah, that's what the majority concensus is despite the narrow purview of the question being asked. Indirectly, the question is being answered.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    as many of you know by now, tony stark is about to be put on trial. the charges? attempted murder of the phoenix.
    How is killing something that by its very nature dies and gets reborn all the time a crime?
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I think it's understood that a group of posters feel that the trial shouldn't be happening; the trial is happening, and arguing whether or not it should doesn't answer the question posed by the OP.

Still, the nice thing about the trial taking place is that when Stark is found innocent (and he almost certainly will), they will have established on panel in a book that he did nothing wrong.

I think most readers think that anyways, but it'll be nice to see in an actual book.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Still, the nice thing about the trial taking place is that when Stark is found innocent (and he almost certainly will), they will have established on panel in a book that he did nothing wrong.

I think most readers think that anyways, but it'll be nice to see in an actual book.
    I am not reading Iron Man right now. Who is trying him?

Kangaroo court.

Aside from the fact that they should be kissing his boots in the first place, they probably shouldn't piss off the man who inflicted damage on the Phoenix.

The Universe, despite the wet dreams of mutants and their fans, would go right on without the PF.

It may be happening, but this storyline is dopey. I already wasn't reading because of the horrible Land art, and I won't be buying this storyline either.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    Also how do you murder a bird?
    Actually, is the charge of murder valid at all? The Phoenix Force wasn't destroyed, merely dispersed. I think any defense worth his/her/its salt would move for the charge to be dismissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Yes, Tony and his accomplices should be put on trial, with Saturnine as prosecutor.
    Attempted murder of omniversal guardian of reality and multiple saviour of universes is the ultimate crime, and should not be taken lightly.
    And if Marvel editorial ever bothers to remember, She-Hulk should resume her role as a member of the Living Tribunal's Magistrati. Then she can finally her long-delayed face-off with Tony.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    How is killing something that by its very nature dies and gets reborn all the time a crime?
    He "killed" it prematurely. Phoenix has it's own cycle of life and death, and should not be messed with, especially when the whole omniverse is at stake.
    Last edited by Λ ΛΛ Λ; 01-01-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    I think it's understood that a group of posters feel that the trial shouldn't be happening; the trial is happening, and arguing whether or not it should doesn't answer the question posed by the OP.
    If the trial itself is a mockery the question falls apart by of way the third option. In essence the poll is missing an answer.

Tony would probably buy his way out of a trial anyways, it's what most criminals with large fortunes do.

I checked this thread out of curiosity because I thought this was just a hypothetical. I am amazed that this is actually going to be in a comic.

Thor, Cap America and Wolverine should be put on trial as well. Thor attempted to kill the PF on his own, Cap America approved Stark's plan and Wolverine lied to the Avengers, causing AvX in the first place.

This thread is fun. So many people that still don't understand how the Phoenix works.
    [x]

Yes so many people don't understand the bird that gets retconned in all of appearances.