Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 164
  1. #61
    Junior Member Warmaker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    102

    Default

    No, when Slade would go up against the Titans he would not just pull out guns and blast away at them, he would fight them. I remember about ten years or do ago when Deathstroke fought Arsenal one-on-one he fought Roy hand to hand and put a major beat down on him while Roy used any and every thing he could get his hands on to beat Slade and barely got in a punch. Deathstroke is all about being more deadly than anyone else around him. Could this translate to a movie...heck yeah.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Cypher-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    Well yeah, hes a god at hand to hand also. That fight with Batman were he beats him up on the side of a building I always found funny.

  3. #63
    Senior Member darkseidpwns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Read a real book sometime.


    When they announced that, it was the biggest disappointment for me since the day they decided Pluto wasn't a planet.
    I've read plenty,now how about you drop the mightier than thou attitude and actually give reasons for...what exactly is your point again?

  4. #64
    evil maybe, genius no stk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    I've read plenty,now how about you drop the mightier than thou attitude and actually give reasons for...what exactly is your point again?
    My point is that a story is important. And First Blood (novel or movie) had a very solid story. I guess story isn't important to you, and 2 hours of random shooting and swordplay is enough to keep you happy, but most people need a story to hang the action on. And if you pay attention, you might notice that some of the great action movies of the past do in fact feature a plot.

  5. #65
    Senior Member darkseidpwns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    My point is that a story is important. And First Blood (novel or movie) had a very solid story. I guess story isn't important to you, and 2 hours of random shooting and swordplay is enough to keep you happy, but most people need a story to hang the action on. And if you pay attention, you might notice that some of the great action movies of the past do in fact feature a plot.
    First of all I never claimed I would be happy with random violence,secondly I much prefer plot driven stories to anything else.

    I'm fully aware that movies like Commando(the one with Arnie rescuing his daughter),First Blood and Predator do have a story,however none of those stories are brilliant works of art.Slades backstory with the army,Adeline,the Jackal,Winter Green and Joey etc are sufficient for a movie.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 12-31-2012 at 11:15 PM.

  6. #66
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    6,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    And again why do you guys keep bringing up superhero? who says this has to be a superhero movie? why cant it just be about a badass mercenary with honor?
    Because we already have those up to our ears in the Bourne's and Bonds?

    And because Slade has his roots in superhero comics and that his skill set means he is too far above normal people so sending him to deal with them is just boring and uninteresting.

  7. #67
    Elder Member Jeff Brady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Because we already have those up to our ears in the Bourne's and Bonds?

    And because Slade has his roots in superhero comics and that his skill set means he is too far above normal people so sending him to deal with them is just boring and uninteresting.
    Exactly. Removing the super aspect removes the point of using Deathstroke. Might as well just call it "Some Jackass Cyclops with a Sword & Guns".

    Oh, and "a merc with honor"? Please. He's psychotic and selfish.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

  8. #68
    Senior Member darkseidpwns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Because we already have those up to our ears in the Bourne's and Bonds?

    And because Slade has his roots in superhero comics and that his skill set means he is too far above normal people so sending him to deal with them is just boring and uninteresting.
    And last I checked Bonds and Bournes were popular.Who says he has to fight normal people? Jackal,David Cain,Deadshot etc could all be the antagonists and none of them are "super".

  9. #69
    Senior Member darkseidpwns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Exactly. Removing the super aspect removes the point of using Deathstroke. Might as well just call it "Some Jackass Cyclops with a Sword & Guns".

    Oh, and "a merc with honor"? Please. He's psychotic and selfish.
    O'rly? tell that to Chris Nolan,and you clearly dont know much about Wilson,psychotic really? read some Deathstroke not written by Meltzer or Devin Grayson.
    Everyone is selfish in their own way,Batman is too kinda.

  10. #70
    Elder Member Jeff Brady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    O'rly? tell that to Chris Nolan,and you clearly dont know much about Wilson,psychotic really? read some Deathstroke not written by Meltzer or Devin Grayson.
    Everyone is selfish in their own way,Batman is too kinda.
    I've read Wolfman's Deathstroke. Does that count? You know, the one where he has sex with a teenager?
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

  11. #71
    Member Tobey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Somerset, UK.
    Posts
    102

    Default

    I don't think Deathstrole is mainstream enough to warrant a movie. As for a Birds of Prey movie, I don't think WB would try it after the series.

  12. #72
    Senior Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
    I don't think Deathstrole is mainstream enough to warrant a movie.
    In fairness, I would have said the same thing about Guardians Of The Galaxy.

    However, thinking about the possibilities, for a few minutes, a Deathstroke movie seems to me to have all the potential of Lundgren Punisher, let alone the "good" Punisher movie.
    In my opinion is implied in every post. Please make an effort to remember that.

  13. #73
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    6,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    And last I checked Bonds and Bournes were popular.Who says he has to fight normal people? Jackal,David Cain,Deadshot etc could all be the antagonists and none of them are "super".
    They are also supposedly good looking and not more than twice the age of the most of the audience. Not to mention they don't drop dirty bombs on US soil, sleep with minors or dope up their kids.

    Problem is that when you have a hero or anti hero you need to put them up against the odds, and you are not putting Deathstroke against any odds when you put him up against people he can slaughter in droves, you need to put him against something bigger than that.

  14. #74
    Marquis de carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Belgium.
    Posts
    31,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Lundgren Punisher, let alone the "good" Punisher movie.
    I thought that was the 'good' Punisher film...
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

  15. #75
    Senior Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    I thought that was the 'good' Punisher film...
    LOL...it's hard to tell, I agree
    In my opinion is implied in every post. Please make an effort to remember that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •