Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    No it isn't,no one gives a crap about Terra or Jericho or Grant.Rose is the only with a fanbase and she didn't become a major character until Johns started his run on the Teen Titans.

Jericho can still be made a part of the back story(to add depth to Slade's story).Grant,Rose and Terra are inconsequential.
    Without the stuff that you call inconsequential, Deathstroke has no backstory.

At this point, you're making a movie about a mercenary with a cool mask who runs around with a sword.

Quote Originally Posted by CBikle View Post
    At this point, why even bother ?
    Because they can make some money. They're always looking for ideas for action movies and Deathstroke seems like a decent character for an action movie. They're just not going to make a ton of money, but it could definitely be worth the investment.

Deathstroke just shoots people!? I don't quite buy into that, I mean sure he has and does shoot people but that is not just all he is about. When some is in fear for their lives they don't usually say "Deathstroke is coming to shoot me!". They would probably say "Deathstroke is coming to kill me!". Then that usually does turn out to be the case because of his skill level and his abilities that pretty much make him unstoppable.

I think they should play up the "utilizes 90% of his brain capacity" thing like they did in the beginning (you don't hear much about that anymore). This could be his gimmick or edge much like Wolverine's claws and skeleton. Shoot, play it up like they did in the Sherlock Holmes movies, have Slade's mind work so much faster than the norm that he can pretty much anticipate an opponent's moves...whatever works. I just think there is a lot to work with here and it would be well worth exploring.

It does not need to have a super strong story,it just has to be Wolverine meets Rambo with maybe a little James Bond,there problem solved.
    Those things DO have story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaker1 View Post
    Deathstroke just shoots people!? I don't quite buy into that, I mean sure he has and does shoot people but that is not just all he is about. When some is in fear for their lives they don't usually say "Deathstroke is coming to shoot me!". They would probably say "Deathstroke is coming to kill me!". Then that usually does turn out to be the case because of his skill level and his abilities that pretty much make him unstoppable.
    Wasnt shooting alot of people all he did before Liefeld got his hands on him?

I think they should play up the "utilizes 90% of his brain capacity" thing like they did in the beginning (you don't hear much about that anymore).
    It's become a commonly known fact that the '10% of capacity-theory' was just a load of rubbish.

This could be his gimmick or edge much like Wolverine's claws and skeleton. Shoot, play it up like they did in the Sherlock Holmes movies, have Slade's mind work so much faster than the norm that he can pretty much anticipate an opponent's moves...whatever works. I just think there is a lot to work with here and it would be well worth exploring.
    Problem is that it will be compared to that and the Matrix and that could be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    One is too many?
    I came away from watching the Man of Steel trailer feeling pretty down. I can only imagine what the next DC/WB movie is going to be like. Oh, joy!

General audiences are not aware that DC and Marvel are seperate entities and wonder why Batman wasn't in The Avengers.
    Well, if they didn't know then, now they know. And Deadpool has also made appearances in various Marvel video games, so that raises his profile for some of the general public. And he has been recieved rather well.
    Last edited by Hulk_Is; 12-31-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

At this point, you're making a movie about a mercenary with a cool mask who runs around with a sword.
    We have a winner, folks!

I think they should play up the "utilizes 90% of his brain capacity" thing like they did in the beginning (you don't hear much about that anymore).
    There's a reason for that.
    ...Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

Without the stuff that you call inconsequential, Deathstroke has no backstory.

Tell that to Tim Burton's Batman and the DCNU,I have read most of Deathstroke's stories.They can add Joey for tragedy and make Bill Walsh/Jackal the villain.There no Titans or any other superhero involved,again problem solved.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 12-31-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Those things DO have story.

Slade has more story than Rambo and Wolverine's story is just a series of cliches.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Now that you mention it, I'd rather see a Rose movie with Slade as the Vader-like bad guy trying to lure to his side. But then again TT-history has others with that kind of parent relationships that would be more superhero than a hybrid of kill bill and a spaghetti western.
    And again why do you guys keep bringing up superhero? who says this has to be a superhero movie? why cant it just be about a badass mercenary with honor?

2nding everything darkseidpwns says.

Its pretty basic to see how Deathstroke could make a good or complex movie.

I mean its a no brainer.

Rich
    Lavish
    Classy
    Has a kick ass assitant/partner
    Has some crazy children
    Travels
    Does crazy hunting
    Mercenary
    Badass personality
    The most skilled
    Kick ass costume
    Kick ass gear, sword, guns (every kind of gun), and a staff
    He snipe, he can shoot assault rifles, fight with blades, theres a reason hes awesome
    Fucks things up
    Master strategist/thinker
    Rapid healing factor
    Slightly older so its not a generic young guy or middle aged man
    I forgot how fast but Slades reaction speed is supposed to be extremely quick
    Can use 90 percent of his brain power (I think most people only use 10 percent or so)

All that would make for some crazy situations, especially with all he can do.

I think people who are saying it wouldent work or are only saying one denominational things dont know much about DS or havent given it much though. Arrows best episodes have been the ones with DS. Half of what made the old Teen Titans cartoon of early 00 was DS/Slade.

DS is my favorite villain of the DCU most likely, or 2nd fave. DS is extremely cool.

They figured out that everybody uses pretty much all of their brain capacity. The guy who uses only 90% is abnormally slow on the uptake.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Slade has more story than Rambo
    Read a real book sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    They figured out that everybody uses pretty much all of their brain capacity.
    When they announced that, it was the biggest disappointment for me since the day they decided Pluto wasn't a planet.
    Last edited by stk; 12-31-2012 at 08:15 PM.

I forgot about the brain thing.

Guess we can replace that with high IQ. Either way, same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    When they announced that, it was the biggest disappointment for me since the day they decided Pluto wasn't a planet.
    Depends how you look at it. Suddenly I had a bigger brain than Deathstroke The Terminator (and he should totally still use that name since he had it long before timle-traveling cyborgs came along).
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."