BANNED

Default Classic Wonder Woman Tribute by Paulo Siqueira

Hi Guys check out this Tribute to Classic Style Wonder Woman by Paulo Siqueira (Ms Marvel, Nightwing new 52, Covers for Voodoo)

Someone will probably point it out, Yes her Cleavage is out, and her pose is kinda sexy, but regardless i think it is a fantastic peice, her anatomy is great she looks very fit and warrior like, and Siqueira's Use of Blacks to the white is Fantastic all thruout the image. (especialy the car, weapons and WW's Hair)
    i hope he gets more work soon, id love to see him as a back up artist on the Wonder Woman Book, i think he could get the same feel of the book as chang.

What Do you Guys Think, Hope Everyone Had a Great Christmas

to see more of his work here is his deviant art - http://paulosiqueira.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Last edited by Movieartman; 12-29-2012 at 03:07 PM.

BANNED

Also here is a Redesign he did of WW a While Back

I love these! Don't see much wrong with the first picture. At least she's not in an incredibly ridiculous pose with freaky bone structure or anything.

Did notice the first image does seem to suggest the top is about two seconds from dropping. Nice for giving her shorts though. Though a skirt works too but didn't care for the redesign one. On the redesign, first though that came to mind, where's her breasts? The costume seems to make them appear smaller while the hips seem wider. And I like the character her face in the first better. Especially the floating head one. Very nice.

Cool. I just wish her hair on the second drawing was curvy and voluminous.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post

W O W !!!

In my own opinion, Paulo Siqueira should be THE artist drawing for the upcoming Earth 1 WW.

My dream came true: A sexy and modern H.G. Peter style drawing of WW.

If only it was more than a Classic Wonder Woman Tribute... I WOULD RUN TO BUY THAT WW BOOK DRAWN LIKE THAT BY PAULO SIQUEIRA EVERY MONTH TO A COMIC BOOK STORE! No kidding. I didn't buy anything done by DC Comics for years.

His Golden Age Diana is so pretty, strong, sexy, fun and dignified all at the same time. His Tribute not only made my day but it made my 2012 year (and why not it made my so many years of waiting for something better for my tastes to happen with WW)!

How can I make Paulo known how much I love this?

We need a 'loOove' emoticon here.

Because... THIS - IS - THE - REAL - WONDER - WOMAN (with Lynda Carter's boobs size)! Hehehe. And she isn't using swords! And she isn't wearing a useless necklace. And she isn't wearing pants. OMG! Look at how it's easy for her to lift a car with one arm with her lasso! Pure Classic WW that I believe can withstand and give as much damages to Mongul without hurting her fists.
    Last edited by Frank Fournier; 12-29-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    How can I make Paulo know how much I love this?

Comment on his deviantart here.

Very pretty piece of work.

Had a look through his gallery too. His artwork is great but I think most his redesigns look horrible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sensation Comics 028.cbr - Page 1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	106486

I prefer the original. In the new one, it looks like her head and shins are shaded differently than the rest of her body. He's definitely got some talent, but her body and costume look weird.

And that redesign is awful!
    Last edited by Seant; 12-29-2012 at 10:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seant View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sensation Comics 028.cbr - Page 1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	106486

I prefer the original. In the new one, it looks like her head and shins are shaded differently than the rest of her body. He's definitely got some talent, but her body and costume look weird.

And that redesign is awful!
    i respect your opinion, but DAMN i think the body in the original peice here looks Really Freaking Bizzare... :/
    she looks like a Plimsy peice of badly sculpted clay.

regardless thank you for posting the original, i wasnt sure wether it had a origin peice

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    i respect your opinion, but DAMN i think the body in the original peice here looks Really Freaking Bizzare... :/
    she looks like a Plimsy peice of badly sculpted clay.

regardless thank you for posting the original, i wasnt sure wether it had a origin peice
    I always liked the Eagle (on the re-worked piece) better than the double "W" given to her in the mid-80's. I know why they did it, but I always preferred the actual eagle where the bottom connected to the top of her belt-peak.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    I always liked the Eagle (on the re-worked piece) better than the double "W" given to her in the mid-80's. I know why they did it, but I always preferred the actual eagle where the bottom connected to the top of her belt-peak.
    I always liked the Eagle (on the re-worked piece), me too.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    I always liked the Eagle (on the re-worked piece), me too.

Ta Daaaaa!!!!

This was it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Ta Daaaaa!!!!

This was it!

Looks like a male fertility symbol, a shaft and two balls. I never liked Jose Delbo's eagle. It was lazy.

Thanks for posting this! I like Siqueira's take on the Sensation cover

...except for her expression in the top-left circle. She looks like she's saying "Oh mah gaw..."

On Peter's version her head seems to sit on her shoulders awkwardly, but I dig his, too.
    Wonder Woman does not need a sword or shield. She's Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Seant View Post
    Looks like a male fertility symbol, a shaft and two balls. I never liked Jose Delbo's eagle. It was lazy.
    A lot of the times, it was really Vince Colleta's inks. Although, I loved Vince too!! (although not many did).