Page 236 of 337 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 5042

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    you say that but put him on the list?? i might not go as far as to say he "carried" fruitista because i tend to give guys credit if they deserve it but i would say cena carried most of the workload and fruitista isn't a very good wrestler.

cena can get good-great matches out of guys who are not good wrestlers, see matches with fruitista, lashley, even the freaking great khali. he can get even better against guys who imo are not better than he is like edge, orton, holmes, lesnar, hardy, HHH etc.

now out of curiosity, in the WWE what terrible wrestlers has punk carried to great matches??
    I don't necessarily think John Cena carried Batista in their feud because both of them were brawlers. John Cena was more technically skilled in-ring than Batista but Batista had a little more speed mixed with a powerful jolt of force. Well, I'm really only talking about the one match that I have seen recently and remember. I thought their match at Wrestlemania XXVI was a really great match/fight and told a great story where both of them were equals.

I agree to a point. The problem with his matches with Bobby Lashley and Khali are that John Cena has more in-ring skill and experience than them but that actually counters my statement where he can't really carry another opponent in a match. Those were some good matches that he was able to have with them. For example, with The Rock at Wrestlemania XXVIII, he carried The Rock through that match which wasn't exactly that bad of a match, not the best but not bad.

I don't feel any match can be great if any WWE Superstar carries the other. It's a great match because both, or all, of the WWE Superstars competed together with perfect in-ring chemistry and worked really well with each other.

I wouldn't say great matches but I think CM Punk working with Ryback quite a bit before Hell in a Cell 2012 was really helpful. It wasn't a great match but at least Ryback didn't look terrible. Most likely because I set him at a very low bar before the pay-per-view so anything was considered an improvement. I think Alex brought this up but he worked really well with Mark Henry during a few Monday Night Raw matches.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    1. It has the highest wrestling to angle/promo ratio over any other mainstream WWE or TNA show, and almost always passes ROH on that note, too;
    2. Small vocal audience, high production values, & an old-school studio wrestling feel;
    3. Feuds that are built up and they let people get over with their own gimmick (Emma got boo'd for her dance and klutz routine, but now she is starting to get cheered, imitated, and got a nice little pop when she got in the ring correctly recently), not 100% scripted (they switched to bullet points now);
    4. The titles are coveted;
    5. William Regal on commentary with Jim Ross making the occasional appearance for Main Events;
    6. Divas get to wrestle a real match;
    7. Commissioner Dusty Rhodes;
    8. HHH/Rhodes/Regal book/note 95% of the matches;
    9. The Fink will announce the Main Events for stacked cards;
    10. A great indy-like roster: Neville (PAC), Ohno (Hero), The Shield (all still wrestle often as singles [there was a great Graves vs. Rollins lumberjack match recently] and teams), Langston, Bray Wyatt, Woods (Creed), and up an comers like Paige, Emma, Summer Rae, Richie Steamboat, Connor O'Brian, and Leo Kruger.

P.S. It's hard to find more links since the show is on Hulu and the WWE are copyright hounds as it is.
    well said man
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I despise indy crowds...they are a bunch of toolboxes who think they are more important than the show, so no thanks

but Regal and Jim Ross is a sound point, I may check it out just for that
    They are not ECW or ROH or PWG indy crowds. They've had no chants or anything drown out the in ring action.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    I don't necessarily think John Cena carried Batista in their feud because both of them were brawlers. John Cena was more technically skilled in-ring than Batista but Batista had a little more speed mixed with a powerful jolt of force. Well, I'm really only talking about the one match that I have seen recently and remember. I thought their match at Wrestlemania XXVI was a really great match/fight and told a great story where both of them were equals.

I agree to a point. The problem with his matches with Bobby Lashley and Khali are that John Cena has more in-ring skill and experience than them but that actually counters my statement where he can't really carry another opponent in a match. Those were some good matches that he was able to have with them. For example, with The Rock at Wrestlemania XXVIII, he carried The Rock through that match which wasn't exactly that bad of a match, not the best but not bad.

I don't feel any match can be great if any WWE Superstar carries the other. It's a great match because both, or all, of the WWE Superstars competed together with perfect in-ring chemistry and worked really well with each other.

I wouldn't say great matches but I think CM Punk working with Ryback quite a bit before Hell in a Cell 2012 was really helpful. It wasn't a great match but at least Ryback didn't look terrible. Most likely because I set him at a very low bar before the pay-per-view so anything was considered an improvement. I think Alex brought this up but he worked really well with Mark Henry during a few Monday Night Raw matches.
    Batista is very underrated by some as a wrestler , some think he gassed easily and needs to be carried always by others yet i remember him having nearly 20 minute long matches on RAW with the likes of Benoit & Orton back in 2004 when he was a member of evolution. Batista can sell very well and he is someone that can make someone else looked good while not looking weak himself. I always remember his match against Tajiri in 2004 because Batista sold like a million bucks to Tajiri and make him looked like having a shot of beating Batista and then during Daniel Bryan nxt run , Batista was the only established WWE main eventer that actually sold for Bryan and make him looked good - think Bryan debuted his yeslock on Batista in that match. Other established wrestlers during nxt just squashed Bryan - Jericho looked like he sandbagged Bryan in that first match and Regal beat him with just a running knee.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So in reading Cena is injured. I'd just program Randy Orton as champion and let him have a match at Extreme Rules to see who will be champion. Cena is forced to vacate the belt and have it happen there. No clue what the WWE will do since I didn't watch last night.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by priunicron View Post
    If HHH (or Vince for that matter) really cares about the professional wrestling, then the first thing they need to do is to fire the current Creative Team and hire people who understands the ins and outs of the business. Unfortunately they don't have any incentive (namely a solid competition) to make them do it.

In a wishful thinking, if all of the indy companies decided to gather under one banner (with ROH being in the lead) and forming a mega roster against the juggernaut called WWE, maybe the McMahons will get their wake up call and step up their game again.

Although this idea might be to optimistic or exaggerated.
    Sometimes I think that was the only good thing of having WCW around. Vince was forced to make better shows/programs because he has competition. Now (sorry TNA) but he has no competition. Its like we either like the product or dont. He doesnt cares. There is no one to take his audience to another program/show.

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Sometimes I think that was the only good thing of having WCW around. Vince was forced to make better shows/programs because he has competition. Now (sorry TNA) but he has no competition. Its like we either like the product or dont. He doesnt cares. There is no one to take his audience to another program/show.
    exactly

10 char
    Support your local roller derby league

This pretty much sums it up
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    This pretty much sums it up
    and unlike regular TV, its not like the people that have been watching a long time and don't like it are going to stop watching

they need their fix, man
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Batista is very underrated by some as a wrestler , some think he gassed easily and needs to be carried always by others yet i remember him having nearly 20 minute long matches on RAW with the likes of Benoit & Orton back in 2004 when he was a member of evolution. Batista can sell very well and he is someone that can make someone else looked good while not looking weak himself. I always remember his match against Tajiri in 2004 because Batista sold like a million bucks to Tajiri and make him looked like having a shot of beating Batista and then during Daniel Bryan nxt run , Batista was the only established WWE main eventer that actually sold for Bryan and make him looked good - think Bryan debuted his yeslock on Batista in that match. Other established wrestlers during nxt just squashed Bryan - Jericho looked like he sandbagged Bryan in that first match and Regal beat him with just a running knee.
    Regal's finisher IS a running knee, I thought (Trembler?). The stretch is his submission finisher.
    I didn't think Jericho sandbagged him at all, I thought he made Bryan look good. Although, Bryan screwed up his dive out of the ring and Jericho would have been seriously hurt if he hadn't just side stepped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
    Regal's finisher IS a running knee, I thought (Trembler?). The stretch is his submission finisher.
    I didn't think Jericho sandbagged him at all, I thought he made Bryan look good. Although, Bryan screwed up his dive out of the ring and Jericho would have been seriously hurt if he hadn't just side stepped it.
    You are remebering correct, Jericho gave Bryan tons of offense in what i think was his first match in wwe. Regal did use the running knee as a finisher.

Maybe this is old news, but on youtube there is a vid of Stephanie making a deal with yahoo for exclusive wwe shows for youtube.
    In fact the 3 hour RAW just became a 3 and a half hour show starting in Summer 2013. Because wwe will produce a raw preshow for yahoo.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    BOTCH:

OVERSELLING:

SANDBAGGING:

Learn the difference and then we'll talk about Batista putting over people and Jericho burying people.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Maybe this is old news, but on youtube there is a vid of Stephanie making a deal with yahoo for exclusive wwe shows for youtube.
    In fact the 3 hour RAW just became a 3 and a half hour show starting in Summer 2013. Because wwe will produce a raw preshow for yahoo.
    No, thats new, all the youtube stuff is getting moved too yahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    OVERSELLING:
    Overselling