Page 105 of 337 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 5042

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    I actually think that this could work. He can talk about the government trying shut him up and infringe on his rights.Its pot not crack or steroids, the public is way more forgiving for that.
    Like with Alex Riley's DUI? Dude had a push and the minute that news hit he's off of tv
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

The cop who arrested him is Rico somethingnotwhitesounding.
    But he looks like a white guy, if they just use his name though they can say the mexicans planted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Like with Alex Riley's DUI? Dude had a push and the minute that news hit he's off of tv
    He had a few bad matches too though.
    Remember when Alex Riley and JAck Swagger had a match, and Riley kept going up too early for his move?
    And then they had a rematch the next week, and the same thing happened?

Another example is RVD. He was busted for a similar offense in 2006 and made to drop both WWE and ECW Championships the following days and suspended for 30 days.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Swagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    Another example is RVD. He was busted for a similar offense in 2006 and made to drop both WWE and ECW Championships the following days and suspended for 30 days.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Swagger.
    The other interesting thing about Swagger is that the rumor during his years of being a jobber was that he was jobbing because of multiple marijuana failures.
    Since they can't suspend guys for it they just punish them on tv.

The internet works at a very quick pace.

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

I read that he also fell asleep during a production meeting, and that was part of the problem as well.

I guess the real Wrestlemania match is Vince's need to be right (which means doubling down on the Swagger push) vs. Vince's knee jerking every time the law gets involved (which would mean that Swagger might be your new ROH champ by the end of the year).

Or they could just bring in RJ Brewer, call him Jack Swagger, and hope no one notices he's a foot shorter all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I read that he also fell asleep during a production meeting, and that was part of the problem as well.

I guess the real Wrestlemania match is Vince's need to be right (which means doubling down on the Swagger push) vs. Vince's knee jerking every time the law gets involved (which would mean that Swagger might be your new ROH champ by the end of the year).

Or they could just bring in RJ Brewer, call him Jack Swagger, and hope no one notices he's a foot shorter all of a sudden.
    Or they could realize that this isn't a lucha show on a spanish language channel marketed to mexicans and it isn't getting over in wwe and dropping it.
    But that would be crazy!

If theres anything good that came out of this is at least the WWE has Ziggler as a backup now.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Or they could realize that this isn't a lucha show on a spanish language channel marketed to mexicans and it isn't getting over in wwe and dropping it.
    But that would be crazy!
    I'm just generally in favor of replacing wrestlers with other wrestlers who don't look anything like the original wrestler, and then pretending that nothing happened. Admitting that your storyline isn't working results in things like Tensai in lingerie, which I can't believe you'd really be arguing for.

LLUSA wasn't on a Spanish language channel, though. They were on MTV2, when they were on.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I'm just generally in favor of replacing wrestlers with other wrestlers who don't look anything like the original wrestler, and then pretending that nothing happened. Admitting that your storyline isn't working results in things like Tensai in lingerie, which I can't believe you'd really be arguing for.

LLUSA wasn't on a Spanish language channel, though. They were on MTV2, when they were on.
    My bad, still, gave it a spanish name, focused on mexican wrestlers, it worked better.
    It clearly isn't working in WWE.
    Im argueing if Swagger gets dropped then they drop the angle and don't try to fit someone else in the spot.

Pass the (Dutch)ie 'pon de left hand side!
    Pass the (Dutch)ie 'pon de left hand side!

These were the last words Jack Swagger said before his next big push died the same way RVD's did.

(jk).
    You just have to be cool about it...

Lets just get all the swaggerisms out of the way
    I was going to New Jersey
    But then I got high

I was gonna be the champ, you see
    But then I got high

Now, I'm a jobber again
    And I know why

Because I got high
    Because I got high
    Because I got high.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    If theres anything good that came out of this is at least the WWE has Ziggler as a backup now.
    Given that Ziggler has money in the bank, I honestly don't think the plan was ever for Swagger to walk out of Wrestlemania withthe world title anyways.

Still, I do think this is disappointing since I wanted him to really make it big. I he did this to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    So Im guessing Dolph is cashing in this coming monday.
    The thing is, cashing MITB still means Swagger has a Wrestlemania title shot. It doesnt' effect him in theory. Though I suppose that at least gets Swagger in the match. They could make it a three way.

Or maybe they can just have Swagger do what Cena did and put his Wrestlemania title shot on the line for some reason... and lose it.