Page 73 of 337 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 5042
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    It's different in TNA, no one ever gets over and no one is a star.
    To be fair you could say that about ROH and other places outside the WWE. But lets be honest here... for TNA to have a future star to depend on once the older guard eventually does fade away (Daniels , Styles , Joe) its best to try and get newer people over like Wes Brisco.

Uhoh, i just did a bad thing.
    I shit on Raven on the board while asking a question, the flames will be strong.
    Why shit on Raven exactly ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart recently spoke with Wrestle Talk TV Extra and had some harsh words about Triple H:

"I have a certain amount of respect for Triple H. I remember when he first came in, I remember commenting on stuff that he did. Because I'd usually give wrestlers my thoughts and try to help them on stuff... Triple H has always been a good wrestler. But great? What is he now, a 1,000 time world champion? How great really is he?

"I look at [CM] Punk... I can look at certain wrestlers and I go, this guy is an innovator. Like a Rey Mysterio, who's done stuff that no one has ever thought of before. Punk has done stuff -- really unique moves and you go, 'gee I've never seen anything like that before.' They innovate all the time, and they create new sequences and moves and things.

"Then you look at someone like Triple H. When I look at him -- he's always had a good look as far as his body went -- he always had a pretty muscular physique. But you look at someone like Hunter and you wonder, what has he really done. One move that he ever created that nobody ever saw before or some highspots or an idea for a match... He's mostly a guy that just showed up and they made him. He's always been a decent wrestler -- I would consider him a good wrestler and pretty talented. But great? I don't know, I don't think so.

"What has he ever done that's great? He's never had a great match, I don't think ever. Whenever I look at Triple H's matches, including the last one he had with Undertaker -- and I don't really mean it as a knock -- but I told myself before I watched it because I'm trying to like Paul now these days, that I want to see him do something to make me think he's got greatness in him.

"Before Triple H wrestled Undertaker last year, I remember watching it and going, 'I can picture the whole match in my head, I can tell you exactly what this match is going to be like and how it's going to go. And I remember watching it and it went exactly how I predicted it... I thought it was mediocre at best, maybe a 4 out of 10, or 3 out of 10.

"I think Paul is a little overrated... overrated for being great. I can sit here and tell you that there was one match that he ever had with anybody that I thought was great. It's kind of a shame, he should have a great match somewhere with somebody. And you'd think that he would have had it by now, but I don't think he's a great wrestler."

There's much more to the interview, including Bret's thoughts on the Undertaker and CM Punk.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...gxxXQoTRQ41.99
    I think Bret isn't giving the HHH of 1999-2001 the credit he honestly should get really. That HHH was perhaps the best worker and heel in the business then. He carried Mick Foley in those matches they had . Because even Mick admitted he wasn't in great ring shape then.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Why shit on Raven exactly ?
    Well, someone was using him to prop someone else up (LEs Thatcher, if curios) and i asked why Raven should be held up as the most intelligent man in wrestling when his peak was losing to Goldberg.
    Which i stand by, by the way, that was his highest point, though not his best work.
    It was a in context shitting.

BTW, watched the new NXT, and Chris Hero seems to be getting fatter and is now in a tag team.
    But they seem to be building a feud between him and regal, which is a good and bad sign.
    Last guy to feud with regal is currently getting the better of all the top faces.
    But he isn't fat.

Well, someone was using him to prop someone else up (LEs Thatcher, if curios) and i asked why Raven should be held up as the most intelligent man in wrestling when his peak was losing to Goldberg.
    Which i stand by, by the way, that was his highest point, though not his best work.
    His highest point is likely winning the ECW World title really as a pro. Money wise it was basically making a lot in WCW. But professionally , Raven never went as high as he did in ECW. Which was the whole...big fish in a small pond situation. WCW was...big fish in a bigger pond and having to set behind so many.

Raven himself tried something to change that...and its gonna be my next Pro Wrestling in the 1990's thread deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    His highest point is likely winning the ECW World title really as a pro. Money wise it was basically making a lot in WCW. But professionally , Raven never went as high as he did in ECW. Which was the whole...big fish in a small pond situation. WCW was...big fish in a bigger pond and having to set behind so many.

Raven himself tried something to change that...and its gonna be my next Pro Wrestling in the 1990's thread deal.
    His highpoint as far as looking at what worked sure, but that would mean his highpoint was in the 3rd by default promotion, i felt i could give him more credit by saying him losing to goldberg was his highest point.
    I mean, it was certainly when he was most visible.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    So Tensai and Brodus Clay seem to be teaming. Any ideas for their team name? Maybe The Funky Train?
    hmmm, how bout "FAT"(Funkasaurus And Tensai) or "team FAT" if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    The WWE really needs to get more aggressive and start raiding.Even I have to give them credit the midcard is looking goodm and some of the NXT/FCW look like they have potential.
    i think they have enough guys they don't use or don't use enough for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    1) There is already a division. Sin Cara/Rey can easiily lead your tag division.They can fued with SHIELD. They can tag with Del Rio and have a nice run.Hell, you can do something innovative and actually give a real tag team like PTP or the Usos the tag title. I know controversial.
    that's crazy talk. besides team hell no already revitalized the tag division, if it weren't for them teams like the colons would be jobbing in handicap matches to the great khali.

If Ziggler stays heel and gets the belt, he needs someone to feud with.
    Sheamus has already beat him 50 times, he will be done with Del Rio, face Bryan could lead to some of the best title matches we've had in a long time.
    So one belt is Cena vs whoever, and the other belt is the young guys, sets up a nice switch and gives the different fans something to watch.
    brianson has also beat ziggy a 100 times, beat him cleanly 3 times in a week.

Miz is currently feuding with a heel who is only just starting to get over.
    miz was pretty damn over at the house show i went to, not xactly sure why. i was like the only one cheering for cesaro, even my son was cheering for miz(and he's met cesaro a few times)because my niece likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Seriously, I will cry if they take Cole.
    tell me about it, i haven't even had the chance to see the real adam cole(panama city playboy heel) live at a PWG show yet, i've only seen him as part of future shock.

Yeah, that practice needs to stop.
    You know what happens when you hire a guy and then teach him "wwe style"?
    Sin Cara.
    sin cara spent like zero time in FCW, i think a better xample of teaching a lucha guy WWE style is alberto.

yeah you deserve some shit for that, intelligence doesn't = booking power.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Shitton of the rumor mills are suggesting the mania main event may be punk/cena/rock, this is, imo a fucking HORRIBLE idea.
    For many reasons, i will list them
    1. I don't like 3 way main events, that's a personal thing.
    2. It doesn't solve any of the issues people give for a rematch
    3. It doesn't draw more. Wouldn't draw worse, imo, but it doesn't actually add.
    4. Doesn't get Cena his win back over Rock.
    I can go on, this match shouldn't happen.
    The main defenses i have read thus far, another list
    1. Cena will get booed. Cena will still get booed, i don't understand how adding Punk changes this. He actually makes the problem worse, because you have the Rock fans, then those people who cheer Punk no matter what, it just makes Rock slighty (and very slighty) less loved.
    2. The promos will be better. This is all based around the build being weak last year. That doesn't change with Punk, because the reason the build sucked last year is because they seemed to tone Rock down so they could get a 50/50 reaction they will never get.
    Cena isn't a bad promo, Rock isn't a bad promo. They wrote them both in such a way that they were both giving weak promos.
    And that's the only reasons i have seen given.
    AND, Punk is going to lose a second match for the title at EC, why does he deserve another title match?
    I think all of this is stemming from Punk fans, of which there are many to be fair, worried that he's going to get buried. I think this thinking is silly, Punk is not going anywhere. Punk is getting a second main event against Rock for christs sake, it doesn't matter if he loses, the only other guy who got 2 main events against Rock in this generation is Cena. That means they like Punk folks.

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    yeah you deserve some shit for that, intelligence doesn't = booking power.
    CM Punk wasn't well liked in WWE, Cm Punk got the belt for over a year and is getting his second main event against Rock.
    If you are really that smart you make it work. If Raven was that smart he would have made it work in WWE or WCW.

His highpoint as far as looking at what worked sure, but that would mean his highpoint was in the 3rd by default promotion, i felt i could give him more credit by saying him losing to goldberg was his highest point.
    I mean, it was certainly when he was most visible.
    It doesn't matter how many saw him in WCW , WWF , ECW...I mean millions more was watching WWF then ...so his Hardcore title is a career high point too ? Not really. I mean career wise...Raven was the #1 heel in ECW and world champion. So I gotta give it to ECW.

CM Punk wasn't well liked in WWE, Cm Punk got the belt for over a year and is getting his second main event against Rock.
    If you are really that smart you make it work. If Raven was that smart he would have made it work in WWE or WCW.
    The WCW situation was basically a company ran by nepotism at its best at times. WWE wise , that too gets discussed in the Pro Wrestling in the 1990's thread.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

no. no matter how smart punk is if they didn't want to push him he would've never got the belt. raven did make it work in WCW and he did it by running a stable of jobbers. raven with his flock had heat near the level of the NWO with like 5 times less star power. if you think cm punk would've made it work(as in become a main eventer) in that landscape(WCW in the 90's) you're out of your mind, see cm punk in TNA for proof of that. lack of intelligence is NOT what kept raven from reaching a higher status in wrestling, bad choices(and even the most intelligent people make bad choices) and poor work ethic were. what you see with cm punk is imo similar to what things might've looked like had either of the big companies really got behind a major push for raven.

i just watched night 1 of PWG battle of los angeles 2012 and it was awesome, just wanted to mention i thought davey richards vs michael elgin was better than the "MOTYC" they had in RoH. maybe not as impressive an athletic performance but better storytelling in that both guys played their roles and wrestled accordingly. sometimes less is more. both matches were pretty damn cool but neither was the best match i saw from 2012.
    Last edited by lboinyamouf4sho; 02-01-2013 at 05:49 AM.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

i just watched night 1 of PWG battle of los angeles 2012 and it was awesome, just wanted to mention i thought davey richards vs michael elgin was better than the "MOTYC" they had in RoH. maybe not as impressive an athletic performance but better storytelling in that both guys played their roles and wrestled accordingly. sometimes less is more. both matches were pretty damn cool but neither was the best match i saw from 2012.
    I absolutely agree with this. I liked their BOLA match much more than the one Metzler gave five stars. I have no clue why he gave it five stars, maybe it brought out the mark in him, whatever.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

raven with his flock had heat near the level of the NWO with like 5 times less star power.
    Crack is a hell of a drug
    Support your local roller derby league

Shitton of the rumor mills are suggesting the mania main event may be punk/cena/rock, this is, imo a fucking HORRIBLE idea.
    For many reasons, i will list them
    1. I don't like 3 way main events, that's a personal thing.
    2. It doesn't solve any of the issues people give for a rematch
    3. It doesn't draw more. Wouldn't draw worse, imo, but it doesn't actually add.
    4. Doesn't get Cena his win back over Rock.
    I can go on, this match shouldn't happen.
    The main defenses i have read thus far, another list
    1. Cena will get booed. Cena will still get booed, i don't understand how adding Punk changes this. He actually makes the problem worse, because you have the Rock fans, then those people who cheer Punk no matter what, it just makes Rock slighty (and very slighty) less loved.
    2. The promos will be better. This is all based around the build being weak last year. That doesn't change with Punk, because the reason the build sucked last year is because they seemed to tone Rock down so they could get a 50/50 reaction they will never get.
    Cena isn't a bad promo, Rock isn't a bad promo. They wrote them both in such a way that they were both giving weak promos.
    And that's the only reasons i have seen given.
    AND, Punk is going to lose a second match for the title at EC, why does he deserve another title match?
    I think all of this is stemming from Punk fans, of which there are many to be fair, worried that he's going to get buried. I think this thinking is silly, Punk is not going anywhere. Punk is getting a second main event against Rock for christs sake, it doesn't matter if he loses, the only other guy who got 2 main events against Rock in this generation is Cena. That means they like Punk folks.
    If your WWE here's how you get the most money out of this deal.
    First I have to disagree with you don't think adding Punk does anything. All three of these people have been feuding for almost two years now. Cena and Punk have sort of a Austin-Rock type feud although not nearly on the same level. Throw Rock in and it will top it.

Have they ever done a straight rematch of the main event of Wrestlemania back to back years? Even with the title it wouldn't be the same interest.

And If im booking for the WWE and I want to make the most money, I would have Cena go over Punk for the title. You could then have Rock come out and say that he didn't get pinned for the title. THEN you could do Cena-Rock 2 at extreme rules or probably even push it to Summerslam. So you get two money matches instead of one

no. no matter how smart punk is if they didn't want to push him he would've never got the belt. raven did make it work in WCW and he did it by running a stable of jobbers. raven with his flock had heat near the level of the NWO with like 5 times less star power. if you think cm punk would've made it work(as in become a main eventer) in that landscape(WCW in the 90's) you're out of your mind, see cm punk in TNA for proof of that. lack of intelligence is NOT what kept raven from reaching a higher status in wrestling, bad choices(and even the most intelligent people make bad choices) and poor work ethic were. what you see with cm punk is imo similar to what things might've looked like had either of the big companies really got behind a major push for raven.

Eh Raven was good but more way more of a gimmick wrestler. It seemed like he only wrestled hardcore matches. Hell in WCW the angle was he gotten written into his contract that every match is "Raven Rules" or no DQ matches
    Last edited by guest81; 02-01-2013 at 09:19 AM.