Page 31 of 337 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    He was supposedly on their list. I don't know when his contract with ROH expires though. He's good enough to wrestle the WWE style and has awesome mic skills, which is important. It will be interesting if WWE decides to re-sign Maria (if she wants to travel full time with him--I assume she might be since they are married anyway) if they sign Bennett.
    I bet all thats behind this is someone, probably hunter said "Hey...Punk and goatface are selling tshirts, the shield have heat, let's bring up more indie geeks, who else is popular?"

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Transitional champ!
    that's fine, edge was like a 10 time transitional champ and he got two 3 disc dvd sets by the end of his career. besides i'm more happy about the effects it will have on the crowd than it will on his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Saying this upfront. Don't expect Generico to become a huge star. Although if Sin Cara doesn't work out he'd be a perfect back up.
    how the hell is that?? generico, awesome as he is, is nobody in mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Wow, the E may do an Indy culling.

As for Okada, yeah, he's never been great on the mic (I didn't bring it up because well, I've been busy). Hence Gedo doing most of the mic work. He's getting better, but he's not even Yujiro Takahashi on the mic, nevermind guys like Nakamura and Tanahashi. That's been the gaping hole in his overall package.

However, in this E case, that may be an advantage. He has natural charisma that can compensate, and that'll be needed far more if he goes to the US.
    that's true but i don't have much confidence in the E allowing him to showcase that natural charisma, which imo is the bigger issue than him speaking english. they're likely going to be disappointed when they realize he doesn't know karate.

As for Generico, I don't know how he'll do in the E. But I do know that he's a great wrestler, has a natural appeal, and can really get people into what he's doing in the ring.

He's also pretty funny. So in that way, he may be able to catch on like Daniel Bryan. He won't be stuck like Gabriel or Kidd due to what I said above unless the E can't decide on what to do with him. Which of course, is a possibility. Not as likely as people think because of guys like Punk, Bryan, and other guys Generico's worked with being pretty up there in the E right now, but still possible.
    the way generico moves is like watching a cartoon come to life. i will miss him greatly.

Like I said before I can see Generico as the type that can appeal to a younger audience, that and he'd make a nice back up for Sin Cara incase things don't work out. Which could be as to why they hired him.
    ok now i see, and i agree he can appeal to the kids but i think the WWE hired sin cara because he has a following in mexico(remember the press conference when he signed).

Essentially.

But his story within the Indies is a long and pretty funny one. One that many fans caught on with. He's also one of the reasons why I don't hold ROH fans to a high regard, both then and now. Him and Steen were pretty much booted out of ROH by the fans at first, and nowadays, they consider them the best. PWG didn't give up on them though.
    it's pretty sad that jerry lynn held the title before hero, claudio, generico, or steen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    His neck problems were stopping him so much by that point.
    not as much as his height.
    hey gryph, would it be offensive if bronsons gimmick became that he was a master of Jew-jitsu and went with a look something like this

i think it would be awesome. i'm serious, not trying to be offensive or anything and i'd actually like to see a luchador do it with the same look xcept with a lucha mask.
    Last edited by lboinyamouf4sho; 01-10-2013 at 01:06 AM.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Generico has that additional thing they like, he speaks, i beleive i read, 4 languages.
    I have never heard him speak anything but pigeon spanish, but people have said he does indeed speak very good spanish at the gimmick tables, and english.

Generico has that additional thing they like, he speaks, i beleive i read, 4 languages.
    I have never heard him speak anything but pigeon spanish, but people have said he does indeed speak very good spanish at the gimmick tables, and english.
    in my xperiences this is not true, he doesn't speak much spanish and mostly just says "ole'" in different tones and uses mannerisms to xpress himself.

i'll miss him, hope i get to see him one more time before he's gone.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

I figured they were telling the truth, i asked because meltzer mentioned he speaks a few languages and i had said i have never heard him speak a sentence.
    Board is weird about that guy, one time someone posted a picture of him without his mask on, and they deleted the post. And they never delete anything there, they didn't delete the pictures of sin cara when del rio yanked his mask up, and meltzer used too give out the names of the masked lucha guys.
    But Generico apprently deserved protection.
    Oh, and Lance storm said he has seen him without a mask and heard him speak, but only english.

I figured they were telling the truth, i asked because meltzer mentioned he speaks a few languages and i had said i have never heard him speak a sentence.
    Board is weird about that guy, one time someone posted a picture of him without his mask on, and they deleted the post. And they never delete anything there, they didn't delete the pictures of sin cara when del rio yanked his mask up, and meltzer used too give out the names of the masked lucha guys.
    But Generico apprently deserved protection.
    Oh, and Lance storm said he has seen him without a mask and heard him speak, but only english.
    they could be telling the truth, i'm just saying how things went every time i've met the guy. i've seen him w/o the mask, from what i remember his eyes were narrow/squinty and his nose kind of pointy, i could mostly tell it was him from the red facial hair.

i'm pretty sure he speaks french & english and of course some spanish.

Posted in: WWE
    Reasons Why WWE Signed El Generico, Triple H Interested In Signing Other Indy Stars, More
    By Marc Middleton
    Jan 10, 2013 - 8:15:47 AM

- As noted before, WWE has signed El Generico to a developmental deal. One of the main reasons they wanted him is because he speaks a number of different languages. The feeling is that will come in handy as an asset for international markets. Generico has canceled some indy events and will likely be headed to developmental soon. There's a feeling among some within WWE that he will no longer wrestler under a mask but that's not confirmed.

Generico's signing is said to be part of a bigger plan as WWE has a number of indy stars on their radar that they want to lock into deals. Word is that this is a Triple H move and more signings are coming.

Two of those potential signings are Adam Cole and Sami Callihan. Both of them have tryouts with WWE scheduled between now and the end of January.

The success of guys like Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins in mainly CM Punk and Daniel Bryan has caused a different feeling within WWE when it comes to talent coming up through the indies, and also talent that doesn't have the look, size and physique that used to be the first thing WWE looked for.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...wi1WLGImTRU.99

Alberto Del Rio Comments on His Major Win, Footage of Kofi Kingston on Commercial Set
    By Marc Middleton
    Jan 10, 2013 - 5:38:00 AM

- Here is footage of Kofi Kingston on the set of a recent Slim Jim commercial:
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...rc0e4XkEXlG.99

Phoenix Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors, WWE Diva Turns 35, AJ Lee Hypes SmackDown Match
    By Marc Middleton
    Jan 10, 2013 - 6:45:22 AM

- Celebrating birthdays today are Buff Bagwell (43), Brian Lawler (41) and WWE Diva Tamina (35).

- AJ Lee teams with Dolph Ziggler to take on Natalya and The Great Khali for this Friday's SmackDown. AJ teased a wardrobe malfunction on Twitter:

"If you need two words that aren't 'The Rock' to convince you to watch Smackdown this week, here they are: wardrobe malfunction."

- Former WWE Diva Beth Phoenix took to Twitter and shot down rumors of her being pregnant. She wrote:

"Got 50 tweets congratulating me on my pregnancy. Not true guys. Gotta love the misinformation highway. But thanks for the sentiment. And just so u know...if I was pregnant, the first person I'd tell is Wikipedia. I trust her. You should too. *sarcasm*"
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...LIP7z5rzvIR.99

WWE Asks AJ Lee and Dolph Ziggler If They Are the Next Lita and Edge
    By Marc Middleton
    Jan 10, 2013 - 6:57:26 AM

- WWE's website has a new storyline interview up with AJ Lee and Dolph Ziggler, asking if they are the new Lita and Edge. Here are a few comments from them:

AJ:
    "Any woman who has tried to get into this business has to give [Lita] a lot of credit. If they don’t they’re lying. With that said, I am not the next anybody, I am the first me. And I’m the only me. And there’s never gonna be another me."

"I think if you try to recreate something, you are going to fail. To me, [Edge & Lita] are both Legends and I wouldn’t want to try to be them. I think we are kind of amazing in our own right, and we’re not the next anybody. We are the first ‘us.’"

Ziggler:
    "Everybody wants to do it better than others. We happen to do it great. But I don’t want to be a knock-off of someone else. I want to be the best Dolph Ziggler anybody’s ever seen and be the first Dolph Ziggler."

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...O1dYcDppsDZ.99

Wrestling Legend Retired for Good, Barrett Says He's The Prince, WWE Talking with Celebs
    By Marc Middleton
    Jan 10, 2013 - 7:21:31 AM

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...i8JHLOqBr5s.99
    Last edited by steve2275; 01-10-2013 at 05:58 AM.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

El Local ‏@ChimaerasRage

Making my way to @WWENXT TV at Full Sail to go kick some people across the face! #FeelTheRage

Details
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    that's fine, edge was like a 10 time transitional champ and he got two 3 disc dvd sets by the end of his career. besides i'm more happy about the effects it will have on the crowd than it will on his career.

how the hell is that?? generico, awesome as he is, is nobody in mexico.

that's true but i don't have much confidence in the E allowing him to showcase that natural charisma, which imo is the bigger issue than him speaking english. they're likely going to be disappointed when they realize he doesn't know karate.

the way generico moves is like watching a cartoon come to life. i will miss him greatly.

ok now i see, and i agree he can appeal to the kids but i think the WWE hired sin cara because he has a following in mexico(remember the press conference when he signed).

it's pretty sad that jerry lynn held the title before hero, claudio, generico, or steen.

not as much as his height.
    hey gryph, would it be offensive if bronsons gimmick became that he was a master of Jew-jitsu and went with a look something like this

i think it would be awesome. i'm serious, not trying to be offensive or anything and i'd actually like to see a luchador do it with the same look xcept with a lucha mask.
    No joke, a guy I was training with for MMA who is also Jewish said he wants to use that as a gimmick if he ever goes into wrestling if MMA doesn't work out.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post

Reasons Why WWE Signed El Generico, Triple H Interested In Signing Other Indy Stars, More
    By Marc Middleton
    Jan 10, 2013 - 8:15:47 AM

- As noted before, WWE has signed El Generico to a developmental deal. One of the main reasons they wanted him is because he speaks a number of different languages. The feeling is that will come in handy as an asset for international markets. Generico has canceled some indy events and will likely be headed to developmental soon. There's a feeling among some within WWE that he will no longer wrestler under a mask but that's not confirmed.

Generico's signing is said to be part of a bigger plan as WWE has a number of indy stars on their radar that they want to lock into deals. Word is that this is a Triple H move and more signings are coming.

Two of those potential signings are Adam Cole and Sami Callihan. Both of them have tryouts with WWE scheduled between now and the end of January.

The success of guys like Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins in mainly CM Punk and Daniel Bryan has caused a different feeling within WWE when it comes to talent coming up through the indies, and also talent that doesn't have the look, size and physique that used to be the first thing WWE looked for.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...wi1WLGImTRU.99

Alberto Del Rio Comments on His Major Win, Footage of Kofi Kingston on Commercial Set
    By Marc Middleton
    Jan 10, 2013 - 5:38:00 AM

- Here is footage of Kofi Kingston on the set of a recent Slim Jim commercial:
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...rc0e4XkEXlG.99

Phoenix Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors, WWE Diva Turns 35, AJ Lee Hypes SmackDown Match
    By Marc Middleton
    Jan 10, 2013 - 6:45:22 AM

- Celebrating birthdays today are Buff Bagwell (43), Brian Lawler (41) and WWE Diva Tamina (35).

- AJ Lee teams with Dolph Ziggler to take on Natalya and The Great Khali for this Friday's SmackDown. AJ teased a wardrobe malfunction on Twitter:

"If you need two words that aren't 'The Rock' to convince you to watch Smackdown this week, here they are: wardrobe malfunction."

- Former WWE Diva Beth Phoenix took to Twitter and shot down rumors of her being pregnant. She wrote:

"Got 50 tweets congratulating me on my pregnancy. Not true guys. Gotta love the misinformation highway. But thanks for the sentiment. And just so u know...if I was pregnant, the first person I'd tell is Wikipedia. I trust her. You should too. *sarcasm*"
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...LIP7z5rzvIR.99

WWE Asks AJ Lee and Dolph Ziggler If They Are the Next Lita and Edge
    By Marc Middleton
    Jan 10, 2013 - 6:57:26 AM

- WWE's website has a new storyline interview up with AJ Lee and Dolph Ziggler, asking if they are the new Lita and Edge. Here are a few comments from them:

AJ:
    "Any woman who has tried to get into this business has to give [Lita] a lot of credit. If they don’t they’re lying. With that said, I am not the next anybody, I am the first me. And I’m the only me. And there’s never gonna be another me."

"I think if you try to recreate something, you are going to fail. To me, [Edge & Lita] are both Legends and I wouldn’t want to try to be them. I think we are kind of amazing in our own right, and we’re not the next anybody. We are the first ‘us.’"

Ziggler:
    "Everybody wants to do it better than others. We happen to do it great. But I don’t want to be a knock-off of someone else. I want to be the best Dolph Ziggler anybody’s ever seen and be the first Dolph Ziggler."

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...O1dYcDppsDZ.99

Wrestling Legend Retired for Good, Barrett Says He's The Prince, WWE Talking with Celebs
    By Marc Middleton
    Jan 10, 2013 - 7:21:31 AM

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...i8JHLOqBr5s.99
    No they are not.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

No they are not.
    Yeah...I don't think it's this big push to sign indie guys, just looks like HHH wants to widen the net a little when it comes to getting talent

but the WWE is always going to want its own product as well
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Yeah...I don't think it's this big push to sign indie guys, just looks like HHH wants to widen the net a little when it comes to getting talent

but the WWE is always going to want its own product as well
    I look at it as since Punk and Danielson have become success and they're Indy guys then why not test the waters with more Indy wrestlers. But as you say WWE will rather push their own product.

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post

Yeah WWE needed a new Mysterio and Sin Cara was the closest they could get.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Ok, every wrestling site on the internet is indeed saying Generico has signed.
    I personaly am looking forward to WWE's newest jobber, Rob Smithson, a ginger who doesn't lots of clotheslines!
    The mask makes El Generico really. Hell the name itself screams to be done on WWE TV. So I suspect to see them fuck it up.

I wouldn't try to make peopel aware you think he's like taz, taz had about one successful month in WWE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    His neck problems were stopping him so much by that point.
    To be fair the situation was Taz was signed more or less once ECW went to TNN. It was basically a signing where Vince wanted to raid a top star and since him and Heyman had a great working relationship , he allowed Paul to keep him til December . Instead of leaving that August.

Now Taz did have neck injuries (the dude walked into a ER with a broken neck , stunning the doctors) and it was hurting his career. But the guy was a pure ass kicking machine who had sold an audience that no matter how big someone was...Taz could DESTROY them. And he would. Heyman got a 5'7 guy over to a point Vince McMahon's company signed him !

Maybe Vince thought Taz was taller due to Heyman's booking. But here was the former ECW World champion and when he came out in New York . The fans for the most part knew it was Taz...and as the video shows ...when Angle goes "So about this so called mystery opponent-" Fans scream out "TAZZZZ !"

Vince could be a colossal idiot at times and its true what Alex posted...because reports was McMahon walked by Taz in the back and was shocked how short he was. He wasn't happy Angle's win streak was snapped by the short "over" wrestler. Oh well...Vince would fuck up a lot in the 2000's.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    He was supposedly on their list. I don't know when his contract with ROH expires though. He's good enough to wrestle the WWE style and has awesome mic skills, which is important. It will be interesting if WWE decides to re-sign Maria (if she wants to travel full time with him--I assume she might be since they are married anyway) if they sign Bennett.
    I bet all thats behind this is someone, probably hunter said "Hey...Punk and goatface are selling tshirts, the shield have heat, let's bring up more indie geeks, who else is popular?"
    Bennett isn't popular in that vein. The ROH fans hate him remember. He's not a ring god and they chant how he sucks. So with Bennett you could see a lot of ROH fans go ...WTF ? That dude ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The mask makes El Generico really. Hell the name itself screams to be done on WWE TV. So I suspect to see them fuck it up.

To be fair the situation was Taz was signed more or less once ECW went to TNN. It was basically a signing where Vince wanted to raid a top star and since him and Heyman had a great working relationship , he allowed Paul to keep him til December . Instead of leaving that August.

Now Taz did have neck injuries (the dude walked into a ER with a broken neck , stunning the doctors) and it was hurting his career. But the guy was a pure ass kicking machine who had sold an audience that no matter how big someone was...Taz could DESTROY them. And he would. Heyman got a 5'7 guy over to a point Vince McMahon's company signed him !

Maybe Vince thought Taz was taller due to Heyman's booking. But here was the former ECW World champion and when he came out in New York . The fans for the most part knew it was Taz...and as the video shows ...when Angle goes "So about this so called mystery opponent-" Fans scream out "TAZZZZ !"

Vince could be a colossal idiot at times and its true what Alex posted...because reports was McMahon walked by Taz in the back and was shocked how short he was. He wasn't happy Angle's win streak was snapped by the short "over" wrestler. Oh well...Vince would fuck up a lot in the 2000's.

Bennett isn't popular in that vein. The ROH fans hate him remember. He's not a ring god and they chant how he sucks. So with Bennett you could see a lot of ROH fans go ...WTF ? That dude ?
    Man, you just made me nostalgic for Tazz, old school Kurt Angle, and those awesome late 90s/early 2000s crowd pops.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...