Page 24 of 337 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    By whose standard? If memory serves, he had the belt for a long enough time to consider his run a success, he certainly wasn't a handover champion in any case.
    He was the first Tough Enough alum to win the WWE Title and he held the title from late November until May 1st, so he held the title for a little more than 5 months. A 5 month WWE Title run (which included keeping the belt, as a heel, through Wrestlemania) in modern WWE is considered respectable if you ask me.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Agreed. I think people tend to discredit another person's accomplishments if they don't like them and confuse fact with opinion.

Some people want to discredit Miz's run because of his feud with Lawler where Lawler was actually competitive against him, but by that logic Punk's run should be discredited too.

To be honest, while I really liked WWE Champ Miz, I'd like to see a Miz/Morrison reunion and see them enter the tag division again.

I second that idea.

Speaking of people holding the belt a long time I believe Cesaro's having a pretty good run as US Champ.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Speaking of people holding the belt a long time I believe Cesaro's having a pretty good run as US Champ.
    Holy crap, he's had the belt since August?! Time flies apparently. I guess I hope this is a sign that WWE is bringing back lengthy meaningful title reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Holy crap, he's had the belt since August?! Time flies apparently. I guess I hope this is a sign that WWE is bringing back lengthy meaningful title reigns.
    Proud of this. The guy's actually giving the belt some value. The last champion, Santino, pretty much treated it as nothing more than a prop. That and he never took his reign seriously. I know he's a comedy guy but you can have a comedy guy actually give a damn when it comes to chasing after a title.

Some people want to discredit Miz's run because of his feud with Lawler where Lawler was actually competitive against him, but by that logic Punk's run should be discredited too.

To be honest, while I really liked WWE Champ Miz, I'd like to see a Miz/Morrison reunion and see them enter the tag division again.
    What? That was one of the only times people gave a shit about him as a champ.
    He had the issue lots of people have had, he rarely won matches as champ, and not just because he was a against cena, there was always bullshit.
    Heel champs have to win clean sometimes, the only time i recall miz looking like a champ was when he beat Bryan clean on a raw, in which Bryan carried him to a very credible win.

The Miz is one of the cornerstones of the WWE, to act like he's not a success is to ignore his true value in the company. The Miz does his job and does it very well, Miz TV is coming along, but he also had a great IC feud with Kofi which helped elevate the title, his role in the last Rumble with Cody was one of the few bright spots. He may not be the next Austen or Rock but he may be the next Owen Hart or Big Show. Failures with the belt are what happened with Swagger, ADR, and Rey.

2007 Mutant League Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    What? That was one of the only times people gave a shit about him as a champ.
    He had the issue lots of people have had, he rarely won matches as champ, and not just because he was a against cena, there was always bullshit.
    Heel champs have to win clean sometimes, the only time i recall miz looking like a champ was when he beat Bryan clean on a raw, in which Bryan carried him to a very credible win.
    Well if it's a bigger WWE booking issue, how (or why) is Miz being punished as a non-success because of that? Miz at least managed to keep himself relevant even when the booking went to shit on him, something (as the poster above me said) ADR, Swagger, or Rey couldnt do (I'd also add Shaemus to that list, my memory remembers his first WWE Title run being pretty poor).

Well if it's a bigger WWE booking issue, how (or why) is Miz being punished as a non-success because of that? Miz at least managed to keep himself relevant even when the booking went to shit on him, something (as the poster above me said) ADR, Swagger, or Rey couldnt do (I'd also add Shaemus to that list, my memory remembers his first WWE Title run being pretty poor).
    Especially as Sheamus was green as shit. He has improved greatly now but you could see how awkward he was when he was pushed to the main event without being fully tested.

Indies Wrestler‏@IndiesWrestler

It was just because we were working a new town. Had they known the rich history of our feud they would've popped huge for everything.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Indies Wrestler‏@IndiesWrestler

It was just because we were working a new town. Had they known the rich history of our feud they would've popped huge for everything.
    haha

that's a pretty good one

I commend whoever runs that, its pretty damn funny
    Support your local roller derby league

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

TNA iMPACT! Wrestling averaged a 1.01 (1.0) cable rating in 2012. This is down from the 1.17 (1.2) cable rating the show averaged in 2011.

It should be noted that iMPACT! Wrestling saw two big changes introduced in 2012 on Spike TV including moving to a new 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Eastern time slot starting on 5/31 and producing weekly live shows.

Below are iMPACT! rating averages since 2006:

2006: 0.89 (0.9)
    2007: 1.04 (1.0)
    2008: 1.06 (1.1)
    2009: 1.14 (1.1)
    2010: 1.06 (1.1)
    2011: 1.17 (1.2)
    2012: 1.01 (1.0)
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Wrestling is coasting (tv wise) I think right now....you won't see anything past high 3s or 4s ever again
    Support your local roller derby league