Page 7 of 337 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    It's hard to say. He also has the early resume of a guy who could end up a lifer simply because he doesn't know anything beyond wrestling.
    You have to remember that he is getting paid more than guys in the past and probably hasn't blown it all on ex wives and drugs.
    One of the reasons the old guys stuck around so long is they kept getting divorces, got addicted to drugs, and lost all their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    You have to remember that he is getting paid more than guys in the past and probably hasn't blown it all on ex wives and drugs.
    One of the reasons the old guys stuck around so long is they kept getting divorces, got addicted to drugs, and lost all their money.
    and that is a lot of guys today...theyve seen the previous generation blow their money and still forced to work way past their prime because they can't do anything else

a lot of these guys have education, have college degrees, and are in the WWE just as something to do....we are seeing more and more talent like this...where wrestling isn't some dead end you stay in for years and years
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    and that is a lot of guys today...theyve seen the previous generation blow their money and still forced to work way past their prime because they can't do anything else

a lot of these guys have education, have college degrees, and are in the WWE just as something to do....we are seeing more and more talent like this...where wrestling isn't some dead end you stay in for years and years
    Well, and again, how long has Orton been making over a million a year?

Well, and again, how long has Orton been making over a million a year?
    To be fair, there have been other professional athletes who waste tons of money on bad business investments or other money sinks (like drugs).
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

To be fair, there have been other professional athletes who waste tons of money on bad business investments or other money sinks (like drugs).
    JBL got into finance because he went broke...started small and now is doing pretty well for himself

ESPNs 30 for 30 had a great documentary called "BROKE" which looked at athletes that blow through their money

Slightly different in other sports in that broken down 60 year olds don't get booked by indie leagues to play bad games.

Slightly different in other sports in that broken down 60 year olds don't get booked by indie leagues to play bad games.
    It happens, just the talent is younger since the "washed up" age is different in other sports. The NFL equivalent is either the CFL, the Arena League, or the Arizona Cardinals. The NBA equivalent is the Chinese or European leagues.

Indies Wrestler‏@IndiesWrestler

Spent 2 solid minutes burying my opponent's wrestling ability. Now THAT'S how you cut a promo.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

BTW, I just joined twitter and for some reason cliff compton aka domino is following me on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Indies Wrestler‏@IndiesWrestler

Spent 2 solid minutes burying my opponent's wrestling ability. Now THAT'S how you cut a promo.
    Learning from HHH and CM Punk.

http://www.wrestling-news.net/wwe-in...d-dgusa/21147/

WWE are interested in signing Dragon Gate USA talent Samuray del Sol, a name that has risen in popularity this year. The feeling is that with Rey Mysterio getting older and Sin Cara not getting over as they had expected him to be, that Del Sol would be a new and welcome addition to the WWE roster.

Another name that is at the top of the WWE’s list of masked wrestlers is El Generico, who was last seen inside a ring at the ROH Final Battle 2012 iPPV, where he lost to Kevin Steen. No formal offer has been made to either man, however WWE are said to have had contact with Del Sol in recent weeks.

If anything more on the matter becomes available, we will be sure to keep you updated.

Del Sol is working for dragongate and AAA, odd that no one has a contract with him.
    Generico story is bullshit i assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    BTW, I just joined twitter and for some reason cliff compton aka domino is following me on twitter.
    I have an adult film star and a former adult film star following me...one followed me after a conversation about time travel and the other one follows me because we met at a book signing (not hers)

You kids and your twitter.

*Hides the fact that he has a twitter account*

You kids and your twitter.

*Hides the fact that he has a twitter account*
    *smiles proudly*

I never nor shall I ever have a twitter account.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck