Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    there was nearly an entire generation of heroes that were only costumed athletes. didn't seem to hurt them.
    In those days those heroes fought threats accoring to their own level. Cap and The Falcon should be fighting mobsters, terrorists and common crime. They have nothing to do in a fight against the likes of Thanos and Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    In those days those heroes fought threats accoring to their own level. Cap and The Falcon should be fighting mobsters, terrorists and common crime. They have nothing to do in a fight against the likes of Thanos and Apocalypse.
    I'm sorry but if characters were put into categories of who they could and could not fight based on power level I would stop reading comics out of sheer predictability and boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    I'm sorry but if characters were put into categories of who they could and could not fight based on power level I would stop reading comics out of sheer predictability and boredom.
    What is Cap supposed to do if he was face to face with Thanos?

BANNED

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Have a teammate pipe up about how he's the champion of champions while his ass is getting kicked. Probably Sam.
    Last edited by B. Kuwanger; 01-02-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Unfortunately we dont see the next panel where cap swallows his own shield in hopes of crapping out a better defense against thanos
    Comfortably numb is my state of being!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaric Rivad View Post
    I think people have been spoiled by too many "street level" characters being given overactive healing/regeneration powers, rendering any character that relies on nothing but skill "useless." The Falcon has proven himself to be much more than a sidekick; he was Captain America's closest ally for a significant amount of time. I think a lot of the hatred is coming from people who prefer characters who shoot death rays out of their asses.

If Sam were an X-Man, they would have made him Omega-level by now.

Small correction here, if Sam was an xmen he would be dead or turn to an evil baby-killin' turd. He is a brother after all.
    Comfortably numb is my state of being!

I luv the Captain America and Falcon Jack Kirby classics. It seems funny that Kirby put alot more into black characters than alot of modern writers even though I doubt it was the popular thing at the time. Falcon was always a secondary character though. He needs an upgrade and an edge to be taken more seriously.

Groupthink is Groupthink neohuey89's Avatar

I found that book in my dad's collection when I was a kid and that scene was so serious. I found it again like ten years later and it's still just as cool.

Your intellectual savior thirdfalcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    And Druid was by far the worst Avenger

Not true. He's the guy you want to have around if you need to hook up a DVD player.

To be honest I don't think the OP is trying to be disrespectful. He's asking a valid question. When was the last time this guy was relevant? No one that started reading comics in the last 10 has any reference for what his deal is. He talks to birds, that sounds really lame on the surface. What's wrong with asking people that do know why he's cool?
    Last edited by thirdfalcon; 01-02-2013 at 08:31 PM.

I've been wondering that for years, least he can shoot feathers now.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdfalcon View Post
    When was the last time this guy was relevant? No one that started reading comics in the last 10 has any reference for what his deal is.
    Unless they've been reading Captain America....where's he's been as awesome as ever, if not moreso.

Not being a regular in Avengers doesn't mean he's gone away. I can't imagine Captain America without Sam. It doesn't seem right in my head.

It's possible that the OP meant no harm. The wording suggests otherwise though (and I know me some trolling when it comes to character I don't like). The subsequent posts are digressively ignorant.

You don't like him? Fine. There are 17 other characters on the team to pick from. You needn't diss all over one on eighteen when an argument could be made against any Avengers member, ever.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Comic Book Fanatic!!! Memphis Raines's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dkrook View Post
    Small correction here, if Sam was an xmen he would be dead or turn to an evil baby-killin' turd. He is a brother after all.
    X-MAN!!!! If Sam was an X-MAN!!!

You're right...except when it comes to Captain America.

Dude is the Batman of the Marvel Universe. he basically has no powers but everybody looks up to him and all the bad guys quiver in fear whenever they see him or hear his name, even ones who are so powerful that they usually need entire teams to take them down.

Take away his WWII history and leadership ability and dude is just a soldier draped in a giant American flag with a shield. If you don't believe me, look back on any of the rare Avengers runs where he's on the team but is not the leader, like when Captain Marvel (Monica) was team leader. Cap basically just stood in the background quietly during team conversations and tossed his shield around during action scenes while the more powerful members did all the heavy lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    if you think sam wilson is useless then you also must admit steve rogers is useless. They're both low powered heroes living in an universe full of world busting villains.
    exactly!!!!!!!