Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Either way, Bucky and Sam beating the Wrecking Crew is about as awesome as Cap and Nick Fury beating the U-Foes.
    Stuff like that just makes me hurl.Its jobbing on the highest level.

Quote Originally Posted by celticguy View Post
    honestly read the book and get back to me this is not Sunday school. If you think he could hit that kill shot everytime fine it is from a book of faith after all.
    I have read it. Just how I read the issue were Falcon, and Bucky, defeated the Wrecking Crew. Who you said they shouldn't be able to beat.

It's cool though, you think the underdog shouldn't be able to pull through even though the essence of comics is the underdog constantly overcoming obstacles larger than they should be able to handle.
    Last edited by NamorsTrident; 12-31-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    It's cool though, you think the underdog shouldn't be able to pull through even though the essence of comics is the underdog constantly overcoming obstacles larger than they should be able to handle.
    That's a misinterpretation of the problem. The issue is with the execution. They are beating up Thor-level guys like they are fighting the Master Men.

It should have been a Juggernaut vs Spidey problem, but it's treated like any a simple superhero fight.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    That's a misinterpretation of the problem. The issue is with the execution. They are beating up Thor-level guys like they are fighting the Master Men.

It should have been a Juggernaut vs Spidey problem, but it's treated like any a simple superhero fight.
    To me it seem more like strategy and teamwork won them that fight. Just how Spider-man or even Thor has to use strategy to beat guys who are way above their pay grade every other issue.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Sam should have been the trainer at Camp Hammond or Avengers Academy. his skill is his patience, empathy, and having to rely on his own training. he's the natural choice to steer the next gneeration of heroes. being Cap's ace-in-the-hole is duty but probably shouldn't be a full time job.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by goatherder View Post
    after reading the first few pages of responses to the post, i'd agree that i still think he's lame despite being a milestone first black character. i respect that part, but he's still lame. honestly, SQUIRREL GIRL would be farrrrr more interesting as an addition to this new roster of Avengers.
    This is the kind of stuff I never understand. People won't like Sam because he has a useless abilities of flight, talking to and seeing through the eyes of birds(which are EXTREMELY useful, tbh) but characters like Squirrel Girl(who talks to squirrels), Hawkeye(who shoots arrows), Black Widow and hell even Cap get a pass because they're so awesome and powerful? And don't get me wrong I love ALL of those characters but what makes them so special?

I always feel half of the folks that think Sam is lame have never actually read stories with him in it. Much like the op who doesn't have much experience with the character.
    Psylocke

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psycwave View Post
    This is the kind of stuff I never understand. People won't like Sam because he has a useless abilities of flight, talking to and seeing through the eyes of birds(which are EXTREMELY useful, tbh) but characters like Squirrel Girl(who talks to squirrels), Hawkeye(who shoots arrows), Black Widow and hell even Cap get a pass because they're so awesome and powerful? And don't get me wrong I love ALL of those characters but what makes them so special?

I always feel half of the folks that think Sam is lame have never actually read stories with him in it. Much like the op who doesn't have much experience with the character.
    Because you're going about it wrong. People just don't like Falcon as a character. His powers only exacerbate the issue. They're not the cause.

Talking to birds is still lame. It's one of those powers he should use as infrequently as possible. Like Peter Parker's and Kaine's ability to talk to and command spiders.
    Bad news everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by psycwave View Post

Let's not put Squirrel Girl in the same category as Falcon or Black Widow.

When Sam or Natasha end up defeating Thanos or Ego the Living Planet single handedly, then we'll talk.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

When Sam or Natasha end up defeating Thanos or Ego the Living Planet single handedly, then we'll talk.
    When did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenComixEnvy View Post
    When did this happen?
    It's mentioned here (along with Mordo, Fin Fang Foom, and Korvac)

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2152108.html

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    Because you're going about it wrong. People just don't like Falcon as a character. His powers only exacerbate the issue. They're not the cause.

Talking to birds is still lame. It's one of those powers he should use as infrequently as possible. Like Peter Parker's and Kaine's ability to talk to and command spiders.
    What are you talking about? This is clearly Spider-Man's best ability:

I haven't seen anything in this thread adressing the character. As in, his qualities outside of the suit and communion with birds.

I think that's the entirety of thier stance, not a symptom.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Talking to bird is amazing. And how do they not like him as a character if they admittedly don't know much to anything about him?
    Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I haven't seen anything in this thread adressing the character. As in, his qualities outside of the suit and communion with birds.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Okay. You got me there.
    Psylocke

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post

His character is whatever the writer choses to write. His powers are a constant unless he gets an upgrade/change. I have not heard anyone have a problem with the person just the powers and how they add to a team.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    I have read it. Just how I read the issue were Falcon, and Bucky, defeated the Wrecking Crew. Who you said they shouldn't be able to beat.

Underdog should pull through Spiderman Vs Scoprion basic bad guy with more powers than the heros. But non powered should only beat power houses by chance luck. Like when Cap berat Thor by keeping him away from his hammer making him change into Don Blake. The Wrecking Crew should beat Sam and Bucky 9 out of 10 times. The book gave you the 10th time.