Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Scarlet Sapien View Post
    maybe a crossover with Aqua man would help.
    I wouldn't mind seeing them fight actually.

An army of birds battling an army of fish would be pretty funny.

I just can't see the initial point of this thread.

Ok, the OP doesn't really see the point of The Falcon. Personally, I like someone like that around. The Avengers is a mix of different skill mixes, strengths etc.

If it was all about power then have a team of Hulk, Thing, Wonderman, Iron man, Hyperion, Thor and Hercules - how boring would that be.

One of my all time favourite Avengers was Dane Whitman - The Black Knight. A normal guy waving a black sword around.

Obviously some people need to go back and read the old Cap America or Captain America and the Falcon comics to see the real Falcon in action.

Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    As far as why he's still around, status as the first black American superhero definitely has to be honored.
    The Black Panther was around before Falcon. I even think he was an Avenger before Falcon's first appearance. (This is not to put the Falcon down. But factual accuracy is important.)

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The Black Panther was around before Falcon. I even think he was an Avenger before Falcon's first appearance. (This is not to put the Falcon down. But factual accuracy is important.)

Sandy Hausler
    True, but Falcon is the 1st Afro-American hero while panther is from Wakanda.

While it's cool and all, his status in history...it's secondary in my head to the fact that he's just fully well rendered on the page. It's as important to me as Superman's being the first superhero is in enjoying his respective adventures (ei: not at all).

The biggest thing for me about Sam that I like is that he's a well rendered character. His character is consistent in near every panel. You know how he's going to react to any given situation. And that's rare, given the length of his career and the plethora of creators involved.

Not only that, but the man you see is a noble, good person. He's been responsible for talking Steve down on many occasions.

If you can't see the point of Sam being on the Avengers, then you just haven't read enough comics. Rather than complain, take the time to educate yourself and experience the stories for yourself. Or, just trust that the writer probably has and thus knows what they're doing.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

I think that Sam's biggest problem is the birds. Most people just find talking with animals to be an inherently lame power. Besides that, he can fly, knows NY city like the back of his hand, is a great hand-to-hand fighter, and is experienced and trusted by most heroes. He actually has a lot going for him. The only thing that I have never gotten is why a guy who can fly doesn't get himself a long distance weapon or wear a protective suit to protect him from the intevitable crashes.

Falcon needs to be killed off so way better characters of color can get the spotlight. He is always added as the token black guy just because he's been around.
    Mah Sheet: Moon Knight, Thor, Wolfsbane, Paladin, Doc Ock, Black Bolt, Cage, Hawkeye, Sunfire, Boomerang, Hellcat, Shang-Chi, Misty Knight, Bishop, Magik, Cypher

Quote Originally Posted by Corey W View Post
    I think that Sam's biggest problem is the birds. Most people just find talking with animals to be an inherently lame power.
    I think Squirel Girl is the only marvel character who can pull off that particular powerset well.

Hickman said in his Q and A that everyone is getting upgrades, so can't wait to see what he has in store for Falcon.

Affirmative action?

Someone has to have mentioned that by now.
    "John Stewart. LAME! ...this guy having a ring is like giving the batmobile to a blind old woman with her left leg in a cast."

"Pym biting Blobs head off seems like something that would have happened when i was ten years old and playing with action figures."

"i always assumed that [the blob] had the same powers as his 616 counterpart because, if simply being a huge fat guy was enough to be considered a mutant then there sure are a lot of mutants in 'real life'. "

Quote Originally Posted by celticguy View Post
    Have you ever usedone of those slingshots? The best shot is not going to hit a target as small every time no matter how skilled you are. If you read the story of David you would see he was his god's chosen one and had that gods blessing. Thst had as much to win as his practice did.

And honestly don't tell people when they can comment and when they can't unless you are tryingtobe a world class ahole. If that is your goal then have at it.
    Just because they are harder to master doesn't make it impossible to use. The showed that because Daniel was diligent in his "craft" when the time came to utilize his skill he accomplished the task. It was skilled that allowed him to defeat the Giant. Yes, God had favor on him but if Daniel didn't put in the work God wasn't going to just allow him to win. Doesn't work that way.

Not trying to come across as A$^ but you really need to get your facts straight. No offense meant.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    While it's cool and all, his status in history...it's secondary in my head to the fact that he's just fully well rendered on the page. It's as important to me as Superman's being the first superhero is in enjoying his respective adventures (ei: not at all).

The biggest thing for me about Sam that I like is that he's a well rendered character. His character is consistent in near every panel. You know how he's going to react to any given situation. And that's rare, given the length of his career and the plethora of creators involved.

Not only that, but the man you see is a noble, good person. He's been responsible for talking Steve down on many occasions.

If you can't see the point of Sam being on the Avengers, then you just haven't read enough comics. Rather than complain, take the time to educate yourself and experience the stories for yourself. Or, just trust that the writer probably has and thus knows what they're doing.
    Preach! Sir, Preach!

after reading the first few pages of responses to the post, i'd agree that i still think he's lame despite being a milestone first black character. i respect that part, but he's still lame. honestly, SQUIRREL GIRL would be farrrrr more interesting as an addition to this new roster of Avengers.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Either way, Bucky and Sam beating the Wrecking Crew is about as awesome as Cap and Nick Fury beating the U-Foes.

As in completely not, and totally degrades the villains in question (I mean, they are Thor and Hulk rogues. Totally different weight class). . That was a big problem with Bendis run, so I'm not going to praise Bru for doing the same.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    Just because they are harder to master doesn't make it impossible to use. The showed that because Daniel was diligent in his "craft" when the time came to utilize his skill he accomplished the task. It was skilled that allowed him to defeat the Giant. Yes, God had favor on him but if Daniel didn't put in the work God wasn't going to just allow him to win. Doesn't work that way.

Not trying to come across as A$^ but you really need to get your facts straight. No offense meant.
    honestly read the book and get back to me this is not sunday school. If you think he could hit that kill shot evertime fine it is from a book of faith after all.