Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    The second printing has already hit ebay and is selling for $9-$15.
    That's ridiculous.

Since we talked a lot about variants here I thought I'd mention I got my copy of the Martin Skyline and the Campbell Midtown exclusive. The Campbell cover looks great and will probably grade pretty high once I get it signed by JSC.

The Martin cover has a bit of damage right under the staple. My guy who authenticates signatures for CGC might be able to press it out, but it seems like a lot of these issues are going be tough to find in high grade.

I don't understand why Marvel didn't put them on nicer paper stock.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

1,7,8, and 11.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    1,7,8, and 11.
    That's not bad. I just got copies of 3 and 14! My three is signed by Stan Lee and is very nice timing with all this Doc Ock nonsense. My copy of 14 is only a 4.0 but it looks like such a nice copy. It has white pages too which is pretty sweat. My guess is that it has a rip straight through the cover. If the light hits it right it looks like a hole and that is what killed the grade. You can't tell in the slab though.

I'm missing most of pre-20 though. I have 3, 7, and 14. After that I have pretty much all the high ticket books though minus 129.

Come join the club!

Unrelated to Spidey, but if you have Incredible Hulk 271, now is the time to unload it. I bought a VF copy for $4.00 in March, which has skyrocketed to anywhere between $30-65 on Ebay. Some are asking for much more than that. All because of Rocket Racoon. I noticed that some of the Spidey's with Ock appearances have gotten a little surge too.

My LCS was selling the variants for regular price because of the order shipment deal with Marvel, so I got the Oliver Coipel variant.
    The Main Man.

Quote Originally Posted by rastafarian42 View Post
    My LCS was selling the variants for regular price because of the order shipment deal with Marvel, so I got the Oliver Coipel variant.
    Most of the other variants were not ratios and based on orders. The only ones that were not were the Quasada and Ditko I believe. All the other covers were supposed to be regular price. It wasn't until they started to gain steam on eBay that prices started fluctuating based on demand.

Come join the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    Most of the other variants were not ratios and based on orders. The only ones that were not were the Quasada and Ditko I believe. All the other covers were supposed to be regular price. It wasn't until they started to gain steam on eBay that prices started fluctuating based on demand.
    Shop was selling the city-scape for 11.99. the holiday cover for 9.99. the spider-man swinging for 14.99.

Also looks like the craziness of this is dying down. I noticed regular cover issues are in the 10-15 range now. At its highest point I think it was around 22. The common variants seem to be normalizing too.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Rhino View Post
    Shop was selling the city-scape for 11.99. the holiday cover for 9.99. the spider-man swinging for 14.99.
    Yea that was just YOUR shop marking them up though. Most stores did. My shop was selling them all at cover price- or at least they were the day it came out. I wouldn't be surprised if the next day they started marking up the variants. But they told me they could order whatever cover they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Rhino View Post
    Also looks like the craziness of this is dying down. I noticed regular cover issues are in the 10-15 range now. At its highest point I think it was around 22. The common variants seem to be normalizing too.
    Yea it seemed like a quick flip over the weekend which struck me as really odd. Maybe they were playing on certain peoples ignorance that it was "Sold out."

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I can't wait to see these issues in CGC slabs and what they are going for...

Come join the club!

I really want to flip my copy after seeing this!

Come join the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    Yea that was just YOUR shop marking them up though. Most stores did. My shop was selling them all at cover price- or at least they were the day it came out. I wouldn't be surprised if the next day they started marking up the variants. But they told me they could order whatever cover they wanted.
    That makes sense. My comic store had more variants than regular covers since they could order whatever they wanted. They sold out of the regular cover, Ramos variant and Martin cityscape variant. They had tons of the Coipel and X-Mas variant. Guess those are in less demand.
    - Jason G. Carr

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    You could have warned me that was a link to Bleeding Cool, then I could have avoided clicking it

Ditko cover keeps on chugging along!

Anyone on here picked up a copy? I haven't seen anyone mention it yet...

Come join the club!