Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    And it continues! This is just madness. I can't believe people are even bidding on these.
    THe 4 LCS's I freqent in my area all had a cap of one issue per customer, mostly to stop DB's like that guy from buying a bunch of them to horde them and sell them on ebay, I wonder how much of that is really going on for this issue....
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    THe 4 LCS's I freqent in my area all had a cap of one issue per customer, mostly to stop DB's like that guy from buying a bunch of them to horde them and sell them on ebay, I wonder how much of that is really going on for this issue....
    I had thought about running out and buying a bunch from my LCS, but I honestly would have felt dirty doing that to my LCS. I've done business with them for 20 years.

I've read stories about LCS stores seeing the high sales on eBay and sliding books out of their subscribers boxes and selling them online though.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Schmed, do you have all the variants for ASM 700, do you have the Ditko one? If so, do you mind saying how much your LCS was selling it for?

I had thought about running out and buying a bunch from my LCS, but I honestly would have felt dirty doing that to my LCS. I've done business with them for 20 years.

I've read stories about LCS stores seeing the high sales on eBay and sliding books out of their subscribers boxes and selling them online though.
    On the flipside, my LCS gifted the creator-credits-skyline variant cover to their best customer. I thought that was cool.

Meh. Let 'em pay more for it if they're buying it at all...

No, I wish. I don't have the Ditko variant, or either of the Queseda variants...yet. I'm hoping at some point at least the Queseda variants drop in price. I may never get that Ditko variant. It's half the price of what an ASM #1 in my price range is....
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

No, I wish. I don't have the Ditko variant, or either of the Queseda variants...yet. I'm hoping at some point at least the Queseda variants drop in price. I may never get that Ditko variant. It's half the price of what an ASM #1 in my price range is....
    oh okay. I figured you might have been able to snag one. Well good luck on getting a nice ASM#1 and completing the rest of your collection

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    oh okay. I figured you might have been able to snag one. Well good luck on getting a nice ASM#1 and completing the rest of your collection
    No offense to Schmed but if he's looking at spending 2000 it is going to be hard to get a "nice" copy. That is about my price range though. I'm keeping an eye out for a restored copy that looks nice but will be considerable cheaper.

Come join the club!

No offense to Schmed but if he's looking at spending 2000 it is going to be hard to get a "nice" copy. That is about my price range though. I'm keeping an eye out for a restored copy that looks nice but will be considerable cheaper.
    Oh I have no illusions of getting a nice copy. I'm hoping to snag a 1.5 for around 2gs. I'mn planning on finishing my ASM collection in 2013, only 4 issues away...and then AF #15. I would love a restored copy of both of those big issues!

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    On the flipside, my LCS gifted the creator-credits-skyline variant cover to their best customer. I thought that was cool.
    Thats pretty nice of them, wish mine did that. What does "best customer" in this instance mean though. The guy who buys the most or the guy thats been there the longest and maybe buys 10 comics a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Volderon View Post
    Thats pretty nice of them, wish mine did that. What does "best customer" in this instance mean though. The guy who buys the most or the guy thats been there the longest and maybe buys 10 comics a month?
    Going by my intel, it's one or both of the following (as in, it could be the same guy): the customer who got the shop owner's F+ copy of House Of Secrets #92 autographed by Wrightson for him (the same copy the owner himself bought as a kid for 15 cents) –OR– it's a customer who routinely buys many monthly books and also donated all standard copies of The Walking Dead #100 back to the shop after he'd prepurchased enough to collect all the variant covers without having to hunt them down or bid on them online.

Oh I have no illusions of getting a nice copy. I'm hoping to snag a 1.5 for around 2gs. I'mn planning on finishing my ASM collection in 2013, only 4 issues away...and then AF #15. I would love a restored copy of both of those big issues!
    Which four do you need?

Come join the club!

Hmmm, that ebay listing is in my hometown. I'm postitive it's a comic shop I frequent since copies of 700 have been popping up everywhere. My LCS doesn't let you buy multiple copies of the same comic and receive the store discount. The only exception is variants which they sell for regular cover price - first come, first served.
    - Jason G. Carr

I don't know anyone around here that bought one...

The second printing has already hit ebay and is selling for $9-$15. It doesn't come out until Jan. 30th. Why not still buy a first printing for $10? There's still plenty to go around (on ebay and in comic stores).

Speaking of second prints, has anyone seen the #698 second printing cover drawn by Deodato Jr?
    - Jason G. Carr