Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I'd be selling it with the idea that it's a collector's item, in that it's the permanence of the story's outcome that makes it valuable.

Also, I'd be selling it at 20 bucks a pop because I knew the ceiling might not be too high and I have a short window to sell off my supply.
    I guarantee that the price will never go below 8 dollars...you cant say that about most comics!!!!

Yeah you can see the specter of the comics collectors market still exist. Even though the chances of a comic becoming valuable in this day in age is rather slim. Especially with digital undercutting the rarity of any comic even more than high print numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    Yeah you can see the specter of the comics collectors market still exist. Even though the chances of a comic becoming valuable in this day in age is rather slim. Especially with digital undercutting the rarity of any comic even more than high print numbers.
    Actually, if people are paying that much for it it already IS worth that much. It's a buyers market, meaning buyers determine how much something is worth, not some arbitrary price guide. Ebay has really ruined it for Overstreet!

I've been seeing the 1 in 200 Ditko variant selling for around 350-400 dollars on ebay. That's the one I'm not getting, and the one I want the most. DAMNIT!
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    Actually, if people are paying that much for it it already IS worth that much. It's a buyers market, meaning buyers determine how much something is worth, not some arbitrary price guide. Ebay has really ruined it for Overstreet!

I've been seeing the 1 in 200 Ditko variant selling for around 350-400 dollars on ebay. That's the one I'm not getting, and the one I want the most. DAMNIT!
    Yesterday I saw them going for 700+.

I also noticed that Daredevil 21 is already going for 10-15$. All so wild!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Rhino View Post
    Yesterday I saw them going for 700+.

I also noticed that Daredevil 21 is already going for 10-15$. All so wild!
    Damn! Was the Ditko variant a CGC copy or just loose? I'm sure in a few months the price will dip a bit, (fingers crossed) and then I will pounce on it!
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Actually those are legit rare and trying to sell them quickly before the market can catch back up is a rather smart move.

Also hey schmitty, been a long time no see. Glad to see you haven't left completely.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    Actually those are legit rare and trying to sell them quickly before the market can catch back up is a rather smart move.

Also hey schmitty, been a long time no see. Glad to see you haven't left completely.
    Yeah I dipped out for a bit, some weird stuff going on in my real life was taking up all my time.

I'm guessing the price on 700 will dip after all the hubbub has died down too. But right now it's worth whatever someone will pay for it. Which is apparently about 20 bucks? Where was this that it's selling for that much, on ebay??

Damn! Was the Ditko variant a CGC copy or just loose? I'm sure in a few months the price will dip a bit, (fingers crossed) and then I will pounce on it!
    It couldn't be a CGC book already. I'll be interested to see how much the price drops out on that one. Variants generally haven't been holding their value lately. The exception to the rule is covers drawn by great talents. Considering that is the first Ditko cover we've seen in years I don't see it dropping in all honesty.

We are discussing this over on the CGC boards and the thought it that it will be the only issue out of this mix that holds value.

Yea current auction on Ditko cover.
    Last edited by Chris S.; 12-29-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    It couldn't be a CGC book already. I'll be interested to see how much the price drops out on that one. Variants generally haven't been holding their value lately. The exception to the rule is covers drawn by great talents. Considering that is the first Ditko cover we've seen in years I don't see it dropping in all honesty.

We are discussing this over on the CGC boards and the thought it that it will be the only issue out of this mix that holds value.
    Yeah that unused cover he did for AF #15 is really gorgeous. I remember seeing it in one of my graphic novels years ago and thinking it should have been used instead of the Kirby cover. Due to the rarity of the Quesada one (the sketch one in particular) I think that one will retain some value too.
    Last edited by Schmed; 12-29-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I guarantee that the price will never go below 8 dollars...you cant say that about most comics!!!!
    Hah. I suppose that is true.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I really like those Marcos Martin variants, and the Coipel fish-lense one.

But I can't justify 45 bucks on a comic.

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Do you think a few copes of ASM #700 will pay for at least part of my kids' college expenses in the future?
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Do you think a few copes of ASM #700 will pay for at least part of my kids' college expenses in the future?
    Community or online college?

-Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Community or online college?
    Haha when you said this I felt like someone had just said it a moment ago. Then I remembered where I'd seen it.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    Haha when you said this I felt like someone had just said it a moment ago. Then I remembered where I'd seen it.
    I will not be usurped by one of those Collectors Society thugs.

-Theophilus