Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Default Tao Pai Pai (Dragonball/Z) goes to Marvel/DC. What happens?

Tao Pai Pai, before he was cyberized and defeated by Goku, is sent to the Marvel/DC universes and lives here as an assassin instead of the DB/Z universe.

How does he compare to the other in universe assassins?

What kind of trouble would he be for the local heroes when first encountered?

What about the potential of him training others?

And what hero would be his archrival?
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

There's certainly a lot of people who outclass him, but he's well beyond the level most assassins I'm aware of in the MU operate at. He should be able to maintain his lifestyle fine, as you pretty much need to call the upper tier types to get rid of him, and he has demonstrated resistance to psionics. A lot of characters are in pretty significant danger from such a powerful assassin being around, but I don't think he'll be part of any specific character's rogues. He's too mercenary, and he doesn't really do anything beyond being an assassin.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    There's certainly a lot of people who outclass him, but he's well beyond the level most assassins I'm aware of in the MU operate at. He should be able to maintain his lifestyle fine, as you pretty much need to call the upper tier types to get rid of him, and he has demonstrated resistance to psionics. A lot of characters are in pretty significant danger from such a powerful assassin being around, but I don't think he'll be part of any specific character's rogues. He's too mercenary, and he doesn't really do anything beyond being an assassin.
    He's too proud, IMO. He'll stick around when someone like Iron Man shows up and then he'll have a bad day.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

You asked what trouble he'd be for local heroes, but which heroes are local in this case? What city does he end up in when he goes to Marvel and DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    He's too proud, IMO. He'll stick around when someone like Iron Man shows up and then he'll have a bad day.
    Why? Iron Man is way way slower then Tao and I don't like his odds of surviving multiple energy blasts since Tao should be able to dodge anything he fires at him unless IM has some potent AoE attacks(which he could). Now if an Avengers lineup with people like Thor show up yes he's pretty screwed, though he'd kill some of the lesser Avengers before Thor puts him down. Likewise in DC if he attracts the attention of Superman or Wonder Woman or Flash or Green Lantern or Martian Manhunter or god forbid the entire JLA at once.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-29-2012 at 09:04 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Tao is solidly in the mid tier.

He can beat up people like Spider-Man rather easily, but he isn't remotely close to Thor, WW, etc.

He probably stick to doing his own thing (mercenary assassin work), and soon learns to avoid the guys that can kick his ass.

People look up and laugh at a man traveling via flying log. Then gets killed.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    You asked what trouble he'd be for local heroes, but which heroes are local in this case? What city does he end up in when he goes to Marvel and DC?

Why? Iron Man is way way slower then Tao and I don't like his odds of surviving multiple energy blasts since Tao should be able to dodge anything he fires at him unless IM has some potent AoE attacks(which he could). Now if an Avengers lineup with people like Thor show up yes he's pretty screwed, though he'd kill some of the lesser Avengers before Thor puts him down. Likewise in DC if he attracts the attention of Superman or Wonder Woman or Flash or Green Lantern or Martian Manhunter or god forbid the entire JLA at once.
    Say New York for Marvel and Gotham for DC.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Why? Iron Man is way way slower then Tao and I don't like his odds of surviving multiple energy blasts
    Not only has Tao Pai Pai not shown that he can spam his special tech, a Goku who had, IIRC, no feats showing him to be near Iron Man's durability was capable of blocking it with his hands with very little damage.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Not only has Tao Pai Pai not shown that he can spam his special tech, a Goku who had, IIRC, no feats showing him to be near Iron Man's durability was capable of blocking it with his hands with very little damage.
    I see, I guess I thought he was more potent for some reason. Then yes the best thing he could do is try to use speed to escape.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

On one hand he's no mach for guys like, say, Iron Man and Thor.

On the other he's pretty much going to clean house as an assassin, so long as he's smart enough to keep his head down so the big guns won't notice him.

BANNED

What happens?

Karate Kid happens.

Anyway, I wonder how Tao would fare against the Iron Fist. That might be a good rival/nemesis for him.

Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Man View Post
    What happens?

Karate Kid happens.

Anyway, I wonder how Tao would fare against the Iron Fist. That might be a good rival/nemesis for him.
    Too big of a power difference in Tao's favor for it to be a good one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Too big of a power difference in Tao's favor for it to be a good one.
    How powerful was Tao in terms of energy/ki projection again?

I know the Iron Fist can take down a H.A.M.M.E.R helicarrier with a single chi-strike.

Taken from New Avengers #59

http://i.imgur.com/lUjHw.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/dNzbi.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/6vXV6.jpg

Danny's also pretty durable.

Taken from the Immortal Iron Fist #14

http://i.imgur.com/pW6WY.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/VV3Cz.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/6o4h8.jpg

It was such a good train, too.

Energy projection wise he has no feats to speak of beyond knocking out Goku and almost killing him had it not been for that Dragon Ball he had.

Strength wise, he throws pillars country sized distances away at many times the speed of sound, and basically stomping Goku when they met.

Speed wise, he hops on said pillars before they get too far from him as well as making guys that catch machine gun fire with their bare hands go 'Damn, he's fast.'
    Last edited by Hazard; 12-29-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Speed wise, he hops on said pillars before they get to far from him as well as making guys that catch machine gun fire with their bare hands go 'Damn, he's fast.'
    When did that happen? I don't recall Roshi meeting Tao.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.