Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

The Dark line is fine, but I've lost massive interest in it. Only excited for Dial H, Sword of Sorcery, and I, Vampire now. Hopefully Venditti delivers on Demon Knights though.

I Vampire has been brillaint and the art on all the books have been top notch.

The story arcs in Swamp Thing and Animal Man have been bogged down by Rotworld, they have both felt directionless. I thought Batman suffered because of the Owls turning into an event. I wish they would move on quicker with some of the storylines. Thats my only complaint with the comics lately, everything seems to take 8 issues minimum. Then again, DC Comics Presents has ups and downs.

I think if the Young Justice can survive as long as it has, the Dark has some time left in it. That Swamp Thing is getting a new writer has my interest. Not because I disliked the old team but people go when they go and I'm always looking forward to someone I never heard of surprising me. Biggest disappointment out of the line for me has unfortunately been Dial H. Almost everything else I've enjoyed a great deal. That includes Phantom Stranger. I, Vampire has been biggest surprise on how much I'm loving it. Completely different than what I had envisioned it was going to be and fantastic artwork for the story they are doing.

BANNED

Dial H? Really? How many issues have you read? In my opinion, it's one of the best books DC is putting out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    Dial H? Really? How many issues have you read? In my opinion, it's one of the best books DC is putting out now.
    I've read them all. Honestly, I don't know why its not working for me. Each week when I get my comics, I shuffle through them and some are those that I can't wait to get into and others feel like something I need to get past for those. Dial H has constantly been one of those to get past. Doesn't mean I hate it or anything. I think it would read better as a trade as those I think of getting through usually feel. Its just not caught on with me yet. Though the latest issues have been improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    and soon she'll be off the squad...sad really
    Really? Where was this confirmed. I hadn't heard the news.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42657

Core team will be Constantine, Xanadu, Deadman & Frankenstein

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Really? Where was this confirmed. I hadn't heard the news.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantian1 View Post

It is for the coming arc, not like she's disappered forever from the team.

Quote Originally Posted by lantian1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It is for the coming arc, not like she's disappered forever from the team.
    from linked article:
    Fawkes: That's the roster for that story, yes, but Zatanna and Tim Hunter play strong roles in the story as well.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    is charles soule good? never heard of him
    27 and its sequel were quite good. He's an interesting choice for Swamp Thing.

Critically, I believe The Dark line has been the most consistently lauded section of the New 52. Look at The Edge or Young Justice - no titles sell well, few are well received, but they survive. Of course, if any of you looked at The Edge, the titles might sell better...

Despite the creative team change, Swamp Thing does have enough momentum to carry another eight or twelve issues, even if the replacement team can't cut it. Lemire is on Animal Man for the long run. Justice League Dark is going to remain key to the line editorially, so it won't be ending any time soon. I'll miss Cornell, but Demon Knights is still promising. I, Vampire may flounder with the artist change, but a good transition should allow it to persist on trade sales. Dial H could be impacted by the departure of Karen Berger, but it should do well in trade. I don't have any read on Phantom Stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Do you have any sales numbers or anything to back up your statements?
    According to Comichron.com, Sword of Sorcery has been losing readers since the first issue. Last month, only 16,272 copies were sold.

Source: http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...2/2012-11.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sissel View Post
    According to Comichron.com, Sword of Sorcery has been losing readers since the first issue. Last month, only 16,272 copies were sold.

Source: http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...2/2012-11.html
    One book is not the same as the entire line.

The only two books I get are Justice League Dark & Phantom Stranger so as long as those two are safe I'm happy
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    One book is not the same as the entire line.
    True. Overall, the Dark line is doing well so far. Now, I just posted that link, in order to show that the user who said SoS wasn't selling well was right.