Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MelDyer View Post
    I think Bryan Azzarello's Wonder Woman is like a female answer to Doc Savage - superhuman adventurer, world traveller and independently wealthy. The problem is that Mr. Azzarello hasn't given us any reason to believe any of that.

Maybe, she's a kept woman or a showgirl. Maybe, she hires herself out as a one-woman demolition crew.

While some would argue that it's not important how she pays for anything, where she lives and what Zola's last name is, I think it's pretty important.
    the new 652 wasn't supposed to start at the start, but in the middle? he's not doing her whole origon over and we should thnak GOD

Perhaps she stays in places kept by other gods or mythical creatures. Not hers necessarily, but they gave her a key off panel to the places they don't use often.

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Velasco View Post
    I would just ask, are there any other heroes in the DCU that we have no idea how they support themselves or where they live?
    I get your point, but, how ..much are we asking for here? Seriously...

You know Bruce Wayne lives in his family's ancestral mansion in Gotham City, called Wayne Manor. We know Clark Kent is a reporter at the Daily Planet in a midwestern city, called Metropolis, and keeps an apartment, somewhere in town.

Is it so much trouble to tell us that Wonder Woman lives in the Camelot Arms Hotel (making her a high-end callgirl) or a large townhouse in the heart of
    London ..or something? How much trouble is that? A responsible editor should be mindful of these details, because that's an editor's job.

Maybe, we should just drive the editor of Wonder Woman bonkers with these questions.
    Last edited by MelDyer; 01-03-2013 at 08:58 AM.
    "I collect beings like him and cut them open--so I can hold in my hand what makes them tick."
    Cassandra on Orion of the New Gods (Wonder Woman #26)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Velasco View Post
    I would just ask, are there any other heroes in the DCU that we have no idea how they support themselves or where they live?
    Making money:
    Barbara Gordon? (not sure)
    BoP members?
    Starfire/Roy Harper
    TT (if living off off Bruce's money doesn't count)
    Madam Xanadu
    Supergirl doesn't appear to have an income yet...or anything outside of Super
    Constantine (assuming he doesn't just trick people out of their money)
    Niles Caulder
    Cyborg (if he isn't government funded)
    Hal Jordan (when was the last time he actually had a normal job? or a house for that matter?)
    Not sure if Superboy counts since he apparently doesn't understand the concept of ownership

Add to this there are all the 'special team' members of the likes of Team 7 and Stormwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Hal Jordan (when was the last time he actually had a normal job? or a house for that matter?)
    Hal lost everything he had in Green Lantern #1 and became a bum. After destroying the Sinestro Corps he was sleeping at Carol's place. And then he went off to fight the Indigo Tribe and then he died. Preboot he was a pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    Hal lost everything he had in Green Lantern #1 and became a bum. After destroying the Sinestro Corps he was sleeping at Carol's place. And then he went off to fight the Indigo Tribe and then he died. Preboot he was a pilot.
    What's up with people now becoming bums in New 52. First Jimmy now Hal this sucks

She can get money by producing gold coins from her cuffs. At least that would be a good way to channel her power and redistribute the wealth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    She can get money by producing gold coins from her cuffs. At least that would be a good way to channel her power and redistribute the wealth
    "Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Wonder Woman arrested for counterfeiting!"

maybe shes a bounty hunter..
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

Making money:
    BoP members?
    Starfire/Roy Harper
    Madam Xanadu
    Niles Caulder
    Not sure if Superboy counts since he apparently doesn't understand the concept of ownership

Add to this there are all the 'special team' members of the likes of Team 7 and Stormwatch.
    Cyborg is what 21? he was junior i think in high school in JLA 1 wasnt he? Also his father is a top notch scientist so he probably doesn't have to worry about money. Also he's constantly wired into the net or other security systems legally or otherwise, which means he could be making a fortune or e-bay, selling justice league stuff.

one simple answer also exist, everyone is on Batman's payroll.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    Also he's constantly wired into the net or other security systems legally or otherwise, which means he could be making a fortune or e-bay, selling justice league stuff.
    I got a really creepy image in my head when you mentioned that :)

Maybe Wonder Woman goes to Pandora regularly with all the other bounty hunters from Borderlands and she collects the booty regularly from them after they get their money?

Making money:
    BoP members?
    Starfire/Roy Harper
    Madam Xanadu
    Niles Caulder

Wouldn't at least Supergirl be strong enough to crush coal into diamonds and get quick cash that way. Don't know about the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    e-bay, selling justice league stuff.
    lolololololol

Bored with Post Life Jason456701's Avatar

Making money:
    BoP members?
    Starfire/Roy Harper
    Madam Xanadu
    Niles Caulder

Starfire probably doesn't have a problem with cash she and her sister a pretty good terms so she has accese to whatever being the princess of a planet has to offer as for Roy he used to work for Green Arrow but probably just mooches off of Jason's money.
    Madam Xanadu probably does her fortune telling thing I feel like I saw her working at a place like that in JLD though she may just be insanely wealthy from accumulating money the last few hundred years but I could be wrong.
    Don't think Kara really needs a job she doesn't need to eat, sleep, or breath as long as she keeps her powers charged and she has a home were the only neighbor she has to worry about is Ocean Master.