Default Robin Williams as Hugo Strange

During the time after it was announced that "The Dark Knight Rises" was coming but before anyone knew anything about what would be in it and all those wonderful rumors were floating around, one of them involved Robin Williams playing Hugo Strange. There was even a fake trailer posted online that showed him in that role. Hypothetically, what does everyone think of that idea for the future? Williams has certainly shown over the years that he is much more than just a comedian and is quite capable of playing a creepy villain.

Batman and Robin. LOL
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I personally really dislike both of Robin William's acting style (constantly talking low hit ratio jokes and deep bearded Williams) and wouldn't want to see him handle Hugo Strange. I'm sure he could do a good job but I think it's a case of his performance would be meta-reviewed, as it would be "Wow, that's Robin Williams, it's a good performance ... for Robin Williams."

Now that he's pedophile level creepy, I can see him pulling off making out with a mannequin.

Tragically she doesn't look like that anymore.

But Robin Williams doesn't look like this either.

"Mistah Joker, he dead."

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

It's not your fault...

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

I dunno, I think movies like One Hour Photo or Insomnia proved he could do creepy villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It's not your fault...
    I think a lot of people feel like that.

I had a dream the other night where a Batman movie was directed by Werner Herzog and starred Udo Kier as Batman and Klaus Kinski as the Joker.

God Bless NyQuil.
    "Mistah Joker, he dead."