Default Megaman(Original) Vs Samus Aran

Before, I had Megaman X vs Samus. Now let us see how the original does it.

Megaman has all of the abilities and upgrades that he has ever had access to in his main games as well as the abilities that he can gain from Megaman X Street Fighter. He also has access to Rush and with that all of Rush's abilities as well as the Adapters (or more specifically the upgraded super adapter mode)

Samus has access to her best suit and all of her skillsets and powers, upgrades, etc.

In the first round. Who wins?

In the second round, Samus has her Manga capabilities as well. Who wins?

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Megaman has a better shot than X, given that he's strong enough to lift a Wily fortress, and durable enough to take (admitably not full power) shots from Duo, but he ends up having the same problems as X overall. Like X, his timestop is of limited effectiveness due to the fact that he can't use any other weapons without deactivating it. He also doesn't have a really good way to deal with Samus screwspamming or dropping power bombs. Still, I would rate his odds better than X's. He's just further to the "super" side of the super robot/real robot scale, although X is definitely more pretty far to the super side as well.

Again, with manga feats, Samus curbstomps.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

I keep forgetting. But was that manga canon to the Metroid series? I mean it doesn't change anything in the thread obviously. I am just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I keep forgetting. But was that manga canon to the Metroid series? I mean it doesn't change anything in the thread obviously. I am just curious.
    I think it should count as canon. Because without it, Samus does not have any real backstory other than being a beautiful blonde killing machine.

Well there is other M

Veteran Member

Rock via the Gravity Hold. I don't think Samus can resist getting shot up to space.

Gravity suit probably renders that ineffective, and I don't recall Megaman shooting anyone out of the atmosphere. Besides, she can survive in space and space jump/screw attack invincibility her way back to the arena just fine.

Also the manga is supposed to be canon, as I recall. I just don't generally count it unless specified because Samus demonstrates ridiculously higher speed in it.

Forever
    Wherever

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I just don't generally count it unless specified because Samus demonstrates ridiculously higher speed in it.
    Well, it's not like she gets many cutscene feats.

Besides, given that in Zero Mission she can jump as high as the High-Jump Boots allow for without her armour on, it's pretty clear she's less agile with it on and needs more than baseline equipment to regain her normal range of movement.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Yeah, but even if you assume she can't get anywhere near her unarmoured speed with the powersuit on, hermanga feats indicate a high end bullet time reaction speed (she blitzed multiple opponents in that instance while moving). Plus in Zero Mission, she maintained the same speed without the suit. What she does in the manga is so different, I just don't think it's really useful to assume her manga feats are included unless specified. While they're arguably canon, they're from different media and not really consistent with the games. Other M tried to bridge the comics and the games somewhat, but then Other M also had Samus experiencing paralyzing fear of a monster she has brutally murdered more than once, being completely braindead about using her powerups, and demonstrating her power suit operating in ways that are entirely contrary to how it operated in the past (like restoring her missiles via thinking hard), so I find its connection to the rest of the series... dubious.

If anything, Other M demonstrates that game Samus and comic/Other M Samus are separate entities.

Forever
    Wherever

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Eh, the comic doesn't directly contradict anything in the same way as Other M, and it's clearly referenced in Zero Mission.

That training sequence didn't seem odd when I was reading it casually, even if it does result in some sort of weird bullet timing feat when broken down, as you claim. The intended portrayal just looked like "Samus is impressively fast and agile after the Chozo tamper with her genes" to me.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.