Default Popeye CBs from IDW/Yoe ?

Is anybody else here following either of the two current popeye comic books with IDW's imprint upon them , the all-new POPEYE comic book that Roger Langridge has been doing a lot of work for and the Yoe Books/IDW POPEYE CLASSICS which reprints Bud Sagendorf comic-book material from (I assume) the Harry Truman decade ?
    YB also has a " best-of " book of Sagendorf's material , I assume they're not repeating anything from the book in the comic book at this point .
    Popeye Classics is a real great value , price-wise , w/51 pages of funny!!!!!!!!! I'd still like some " liner notes " , however .
    Are any of the comics' stories thus far remakes of Segar continuities ?
    Actually , it seems to be sort of a tradition that comic-book versions of newspaper strips do reamkes in comic-book format - Even , at least for humor/gag strips , sorta mastermixes/Stars On 45-style pieceings together of different gags from earlier newspaper strips , witness the Boom! PEANUTS comic book now.........

I love the Langridge series. I haven't spotted any direct "remixes," but he does reference past events from throughout the history of the strip.
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

I'm buying the Sagendorf series (although the Langridge one seems excellent), and think its the bees knees. The language, the madness the existential proof of it (I yam what I yam) gets me buying Popeye. Popeye is one of the greatest expressions of American cartooning. And Sagendorf is definitely one of its high priests.

Both are great. Always been a fan of the sailor man.

A shame that the Langridge series is only going to issue 12, but Classic Popeye is a great consolation prize.

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Might not be a Popeye fan per se but I did get this because of the nod to a very classic cover...

1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

I am getting both and they are both fantastic. They both read very well together, meaning you don't feel like it is a different portrayal in the modern book.

I don't like crossovers, but Mars Attacks Popeye makes me smile.

Langridge's devotion to E.C. Segar in every page is evident, but his occasional sneaking in of Carl Barks references in the pages of Popeye makes me long for him to do and Uncle Scrooge comic.

Been reading through some of the latest issues of both series (I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets preoccupied with life and has their comics pile up for weeks or months), and while I love Langridge's new series I think I'm now preferring Classic. Sagendorf rocks.