Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Good point about Morrison's work needing a few reads; his New X-Men also benefits from a re-read. GIve UA a try; it is only up to issue #3 and I really would not categorize it as "X-Men under the Avengers thumb". At least give it a one-issue try-out---I would be curious as to your take.
    I'll give it a try when the budget allows it. I'll be getting a good salary this month, so maybe then. I was pretty skeptical of All-New X-Men, but wound up loving it, so maybe UA is worth at least a shot. And it's nice to talk some comics. Yeah, I've reread New X-Men quite a few times now, and it's always a great experience.

188,182 SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1
    112,546 SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #2
    29,032 AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #16
    25,919 SCARLET SPIDER 13
    24,644 VENOM #29
    24,551 VENOM #30

sales estimates

Only 112,546? Ha! Marvel will be recanting this ridiculous Spock abomination in no time at all!
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Only 112,546? Ha! Marvel will be recanting this ridiculous Spock abomination in no time at all!
    Slott and Wacker probably don't even have the money to butter their Pop Tarts now!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    25,919 SCARLET SPIDER 13
    24,644 VENOM #29
    24,551 VENOM #30

sales estimates
    Those #'s for Superior, particularly for Issue #2, are very impressive indeed. But I am still scared for Scarlet Spider---25k seems close to what I have heard the cancellation line is----and, honestly, I don't know how that title can be any more awesome than it is right now.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Slott and Wacker probably don't even have the money to butter their Pop Tarts now!
    Unfortunately, 90 percent of all butter deficiency cases in the world are a direct result of poor comic book sales. True story.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Those #'s for Superior, particularly for Issue #2, are very impressive indeed. But I am still scared for Scarlet Spider---25k seems close to what I have heard the cancellation line is----and, honestly, I don't know how that title can be any more awesome than it is right now.

I think that Yost said on Twitter that he's currently planning out issues 23-25 of Scarlet Spider so I'm not really worried about cancellation anytime soon. I don't expect the book to last indefinitely (probably mid to late thirty range would be my guess based off of how the estimates seem to be trending) as most titles not featuring Marvels most popular characters usually don't have super long runs.

Worst case scenario the book gets cancelled & Kaine/SS probably gets slotted into some team book somewhere which isn't exactly the ideal scenario but at least he'd still be making appearances. Having said all that I'm pretty sure cancellation isn't in the books near future right now.

There are a few more numbers

169 Avenging Spider-Man 15.1 10,602
    176 Amazing Spider-Man 700 9,988
    234 Amazing Spider-Man 698 6,195
    264 Amazing Spider-Man 699 5,144
    269 Amazing Spider-Man 699.1 5,099

It doesn't say but they should be 2nd (or third??) printings, I think Avenging is toasted, the sales line for Venom and Scarlet is probably a bit more forgiving than for a title with "Spider-Man" on the cover, and they've (Venom and SSpider) already stabilized, if anything, they'll probably get relaunched (including Avenging or a 2nd Spock title) in the summer.

There are a few more numbers
    169 Avenging Spider-Man 15.1 10,602
    176 Amazing Spider-Man 700 9,988
    234 Amazing Spider-Man 698 6,195
    264 Amazing Spider-Man 699 5,144
    269 Amazing Spider-Man 699.1 5,099
    Those are 2nd printings (except for #698, which was a 3rd printing).
    You'd ADD them to the December numbers (Or, in #698's case, to its November & December numbers).

25,919 SCARLET SPIDER 13
    24,644 VENOM #29
    24,551 VENOM #30

sales estimates
    I''m being picky here, but whose estimates? I'm familiar with at least three websites that offer their own estimates.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

And how exactly should we, as individual readers really take the sales? I don't really care, I like what I like besides sales. If anything I think it's sad that Daredevil doesn't sell better, definitely the best thing Marvel puts out right now.

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

If that title goes under...well that'll be ashame. That will be the first title in a long time that i'll actually be real upset to see go. I'm with you Oldschool. How can that title not be doing better? C'mon Spidey fans. Get with it.
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I''m being picky here, but whose estimates? I'm familiar with at least three websites that offer their own estimates.

Comichron, although icv2 seems to have the same numbers (they all usually seem to have the same numbers )

Now some steam is vented, and it's time to do an experiment. Would I miss Spider-Man? I'll let Superior S-M be for a while. And 3,99 two times a month would really free up the budget to try other stuff. Not sure about Avenging yet, it seems to be more stand alone stories, so it could be easier to check out now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

If that title goes under...well that'll be ashame. That will be the first title in a long time that i'll actually be real upset to see go. I'm with you Oldschool. How can that title not be doing better? C'mon Spidey fans. Get with it.

I can't speak for every single person out there who isn't interested in the book but just speaking ancedotally for my LCS I know there are a handful of people who have no interest in the book because it features a clone. Pretty absurd reason to not check out a book that you might potentially like if you actually read the thing but some people just have no love in their hearts for clones of any kind in large part thanks to the 90's.