Page 97 of 182 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2723
  1. #1441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    They are just young and stressed kids. And the pizza people are always very nice.
    How'd you determine they were stressed?
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

  2. #1442
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Well, the AR video is something one sort of has to go out and seek, isn't it? If I was just interested in the comics, there isn't anything there that could be construed as being disrespectful to the fans, is there? Just material which may or may not be something an individual reader would enjoy.
    Sure. It is possible to avoid it all. But is that really an excuse to behave arrogant and mock fans? I'd say no.

  3. #1443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    Sure. It is possible to avoid it all. But is that really an excuse to behave arrogant and mock fans? I'd say no.
    Couldn't what you're doing be construed as being disrespectful to the creators?
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

  4. #1444
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Couldn't what you're doing be construed as being disrespectful to the creators?
    How? Do you see me laughing at and mocking them?

  5. #1445

    Default

    I think the problems are 1)fans that are taking this wayyy too seriously, and 2)the creators having somewhat of a thin skinned and not being able to simply ignore the obvious crazies. In other words, this strained relationship is the culmination of both parties.

  6. #1446
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XxSnakeProxX View Post
    I think the problems are 1)fans that are taking this wayyy too seriously, and 2)the creators having somewhat of a thin skinned and not being able to simply ignore the obvious crazies. In other words, this strained relationship is the culmination of both parties.
    You, sir, are spot on. If you mean that fans take the story too seriously. And I guess both parties should chill, but really, why do a solicitation like that one for SSM #10 or that AR video? What does that say about them?

  7. #1447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    How? Do you see me laughing at and mocking them?
    I see you calling their question into behavior, even though it has not been directed at you. In some circles, that'd be considered quite rude.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

  8. #1448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XxSnakeProxX View Post
    I think the problems are 1)fans that are taking this wayyy too seriously, and 2)the creators having somewhat of a thin skinned and not being able to simply ignore the obvious crazies. In other words, this strained relationship is the culmination of both parties.
    I don't know as there's much of a relationship there to begin with; strikes me as more of two distinct groups sometimes talking more to themselves than anything else.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

  9. #1449
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    I see you calling their question into behavior, even though it has not been directed at you. In some circles, that'd be considered quite rude.
    Well, if I'm rude I apologize. I can get carried away sometimes. But I still think there are so many other good examples of creators that have a good or functional relationship with their fanbase. Heck, I thought Bendis on X-Men would be a disaster, but he let his work pretty much speak for itself, and he has won many a fan over. If there still is so much heat around Spider-Man, surely something could be done differently?

  10. #1450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    Well, if I'm rude I apologize. I can get carried away sometimes. But I still think there are so many other good examples of creators that have a good or functional relationship with their fanbase. Heck, I thought Bendis on X-Men would be a disaster, but he let his work pretty much speak for itself, and he has won many a fan over. If there still is so much heat around Spider-Man, surely something could be done differently?
    How's Superior Spider-Man selling? Seems to me there are quite a few people completely satisfied with the product.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

  11. #1451
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    Oh, whatever. It's the exact same thing as when Peter saw Otto's memories of the wedding night with May. There are plenty of blanks so Slott and anyone else can blame the interpretation on the reader, but there have been quite a few of those jokes now. Whatever you might think of them.
    So a lady in a wedding dress who is old / big on traditions and knows the tradition of seeing the groom / bride before the wedding is bad luck.... puckering up to kiss the groom is automatically something more than whats on the page?

  12. #1452
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    How's Superior Spider-Man selling? Seems to me there are quite a few people completely satisfied with the product.
    It's selling good, but so are other books, without the controversy...

  13. #1453
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    So a lady in a wedding dress who is old / big on traditions and knows the tradition of seeing the groom / bride before the wedding is bad luck.... puckering up to kiss the groom is automatically something more than whats on the page?
    That's why Slott was boasting about the scene in ASM 699 being so disturbing?

  14. #1454
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    That's why Slott was boasting about the scene in ASM 699 being so disturbing?
    would you want to be living the memory of making out with your mom on her wedding day... or would that be a disturbing image to have to live through?

    Again, I think you are adding to whats on the page. The scene works with Slotts boast without the need of what you have brought with you.

  15. #1455
    One Hoopy Frood Schmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    6,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    Well, if I'm rude I apologize. I can get carried away sometimes. But I still think there are so many other good examples of creators that have a good or functional relationship with their fanbase. Heck, I thought Bendis on X-Men would be a disaster, but he let his work pretty much speak for itself, and he has won many a fan over. If there still is so much heat around Spider-Man, surely something could be done differently?
    Why do you care so much...or even at all?
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

    "First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •