Page 96 of 182 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2723
  1. #1426
    Science > Politics Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Monroe, NY
    Posts
    5,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you, many reactions have been just too much. But that doesn't give the creators the right to mock these and acting like that.
    Of course it does. You might as well say we can't snicker at the curious conduct of people on the Jersey Shore. It's a way to bond with the non-crazies by pointing out the deviant (in the literal sense of the term) behavior.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

  2. #1427
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    When he went home, relived Peters moments with Mary Jane and Peter pleaded not to touch him?
    ?

    We see him thinking about mj in the past and then we seem him wake up from a restful sleep. He then gets in the shower and begins to clean himself. Peter then says the comment of not to touch him.

    I think you are bringing your own interpretation to whats on the page. I can see how you got there, but its not how I read it.

  3. #1428
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Of course it does. You might as well say we can't snicker at the curious conduct of people on the Jersey Shore. It's a way to bond with the non-crazies by pointing out the deviant (in the literal sense of the term) behavior.
    Uh. No. It's an arrogant way to behave. Heck, I personally don't have that many problems with Superior Spider-Man, but I do think the comic artists should treat their readers with respect.

  4. #1429
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    ?

    We see him thinking about mj in the past and then we seem him wake up from a restful sleep. He then gets in the shower and begins to clean himself. Peter then says the comment of not to touch him.

    I think you are bringing your own interpretation to whats on the page. I can see how you got there, but its not how I read it.
    Oh, whatever. It's the exact same thing as when Peter saw Otto's memories of the wedding night with May. There are plenty of blanks so Slott and anyone else can blame the interpretation on the reader, but there have been quite a few of those jokes now. Whatever you might think of them.

  5. #1430
    Junior Senior Nick MB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    Oh, whatever. It's the exact same thing as when Peter saw Otto's memories of the wedding night with May. There are plenty of blanks so Slott and anyone else can blame the interpretation on the reader, but there have been quite a few of those jokes now. Whatever you might think of them.
    Slott has said in a few places that this was going to be a weird/unsettling comic. After all, the premise is basically "into the mind of a psychopath". It seems exactly within that remit that we're going to see some disturbing things. I don't know if you've read his Arkham Asylum, but there was some messed up moments in there, beyond anything we've seen in Superior so far, and he's said a few times that he's drawing on the Arkham Asylum section of his brain for Superior.

    Obviously, if that really isn't your thing, fair enough. Certainly, it's a different style to the traditional ASM one, but I do think Slott has pulled off the change in tone successfully.

  6. #1431
    Soldier, Teacher Rob Thompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    43,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    Uh. No. It's an arrogant way to behave. Heck, I personally don't have that many problems with Superior Spider-Man, but I do think the comic artists should treat their readers with respect.
    I think when compared to day-to-day life, it's a very difficult argument to make to suggest the creators of Superior Spider-Man are being "disrespectful".
    Be all you can be.

  7. #1432
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    I think when compared to day-to-day life, it's a very difficult argument to make to suggest the creators of Superior Spider-Man are being "disrespectful".
    How so? Where else would you find the people behind a product mocking and laughing at fans or costumers? I think it's even more valid in another context than the comic business, really.

  8. #1433
    Soldier, Teacher Rob Thompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    43,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    How so? Where else would you find the people behind a product mocking and laughing at fans or costumers?
    On any given day, pick a fast food restaurant.
    Be all you can be.

  9. #1434
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick MB View Post
    Slott has said in a few places that this was going to be a weird/unsettling comic. After all, the premise is basically "into the mind of a psychopath". It seems exactly within that remit that we're going to see some disturbing things. I don't know if you've read his Arkham Asylum, but there was some messed up moments in there, beyond anything we've seen in Superior so far, and he's said a few times that he's drawing on the Arkham Asylum section of his brain for Superior.

    Obviously, if that really isn't your thing, fair enough. Certainly, it's a different style to the traditional ASM one, but I do think Slott has pulled off the change in tone successfully.
    I have nothing against weird or unsettling. I'm reading American Gods right now, and I'm a huge fan of Dexter. Just to name a few examples. Grant Morrison can be pretty weird too. But there's quirky and weird in a good way, and there are the banging the hype drum. I want to see "better" stuff than implied masturbation in that case. The idea of a quirky and dark Spider-Man could be a good one (though we see it already in Scarlet Spider, don't we?), but the execution has been uneven so far. And it's be great if they just tried to show some appreciation for their readers...

  10. #1435
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    On any given day, pick a fast food restaurant.
    I don't eat fast food that often, but when I do, the staff are rather polite...

  11. #1436
    Soldier, Teacher Rob Thompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    43,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    I have nothing against weird or unsettling. I'm reading American Gods right now, and I'm a huge fan of Dexter. Just to name a few examples. Grant Morrison can be pretty weird too. But there's quirky and weird in a good way, and there are the banging the hype drum. I want to see "better" stuff than implied masturbation in that case. The idea of a quirky and dark Spider-Man could be a good one (though we see it already in Scarlet Spider, don't we?), but the execution has been uneven so far. And it's be great if they just tried to show some appreciation for their readers...
    This speaks more to them presenting something that isn't to your tastes more than them being "disrespectful" to anyone.
    Be all you can be.

  12. #1437
    Soldier, Teacher Rob Thompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    43,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    I don't eat fast food that often, but when I do, the staff are rather polite...
    Sweden must be different than the US or UK, then.
    Be all you can be.

  13. #1438
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    This speaks more to them presenting something that isn't to your tastes more than them being "disrespectful" to anyone.
    The AR video did that? I thought it showed three people laughing at and mocking their fans.

  14. #1439
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Sweden must be different than the US or UK, then.
    They are just young and stressed kids. And the pizza people are always very nice.

  15. #1440
    Soldier, Teacher Rob Thompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    43,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    The AR video did that? I thought it showed three people laughing at and mocking their fans.
    Well, the AR video is something one sort of has to go out and seek, isn't it? If I was just interested in the comics, there isn't anything there that could be construed as being disrespectful to the fans, is there? Just material which may or may not be something an individual reader would enjoy.
    Be all you can be.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •