Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Sounds like you came a little pre-cooked.

Also you don't sound too alienated since our job is to get you talking about the stories.

If anything we're TOO successful.

SW
    Precooked? How do you mean?

I would think your job is to get me to buy and like your stories?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    Precooked? How do you mean?

I would think your job is to get me to buy and like your stories?
    You would think incorrectly. It speaks to your sense of entitlement.

My job is to appeal to a broader readership than you. So far, at least, it's working.

Plus you're clearly still reading anyway, so....

SW

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    False equivalency. Whether Otto was going to be with MJ is NOT the premise of this new book.

If you read SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #2 then you'd see that the issue of whether Otto was going to be with MJ has been dealt with.

You can read Spidey stories now.
    Superior Spider-Man is a new take on Spider-Man stories.
    Ι have faith.You restore it first with respecting the original Hobgoblin story and giving Kingsley a new villain direction that fits his story and mostly with your Doc Ock.You made again Octavius as the top dog of Spiderman's rogue gallery and i enjoy so far the concept of Superior Spiderman.Ok,MJ is a little bit dump in this,but well,no one is perfect.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

You would think incorrectly. It speaks to your sense of entitlement.

My job is to appeal to a broader readership than you. So far, at least, it's working.

Plus you're clearly still reading anyway, so....

SW
    I should have been more clear. Of course you seek a broader audience, and if this makes me drop the book but you gain a 14 year old, job well done. But I would really like a reason to like and enjoy Superior Spider-Man. It's kinda strange when a hero you've followed for so long just turns into something else.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    I don't think anyone is mad they were proven wrong. Though I never predicted one way or another. Though the Chameleon thing was just silly at that point. It was a walk back or the weirdest and unnecessary misdirections possible.

Edit: Though maybe using Marvel instead of whoever wrote it was a little unfair, as I don't think the walkback was mandated and just something the writer did. Like with the dumb "he didn't really get drunk!" thing.
    There was no "walkback". It's not Marvels fault that a few people hear hoofbeats and immediatly think zebra.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Nah, I have derailed the thread enough.

oddly enough it's superior spider-man that has got me back into spider-man comics (and comics in general). I started reading as a teen in the early 90s (pre clone saga). the only spider-man i knew was a married one (aside from picking up older issues) and brand new day simply altered the character too much for me. It didn't seem like i was reading the same guy and i dropped all the titles and moved on from comics.

It was only when i heard about asm 700 and was intrigued enough to check it out that i'm hooked again. I love the concept of ock in peter's body trying to do good, trying to be even better; the story possibilities seem endless. I'm also thrilled to see peter and mj admitting the feelings they have for each other, if only to themselves, and the tentative signs that they may get back together in the long run. OMD seemed to affirm that ultimately peter was destined to be alone and unhappy and it was the one in a million chance of finding real love with mj that changed the course of his life from all those other alternative versions of himself. It seems like unless they find a way back to each other he's doomed, so the signs of hope in these recent stories is making coming back into the fold now less painful then it would have been in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by 14k_london View Post
    oddly enough it's superior spider-man that has got me back into spider-man comics (and comics in general). I started reading as a teen in the early 90s (pre clone saga). the only spider-man i knew was a married one (aside from picking up older issues) and brand new day simply altered the character too much for me. It didn't seem like i was reading the same guy and i dropped all the titles and moved on from comics.

It was only when i heard about asm 700 and was intrigued enough to check it out that i'm hooked again. I love the concept of ock in peter's body trying to do good, trying to be even better; the story possibilities seem endless. I'm also thrilled to see peter and mj admitting the feelings they have for each other, if only to themselves, and the tentative signs that they may get back together in the long run. OMD seemed to affirm that ultimately peter was destined to be alone and unhappy and it was the one in a million chance of finding real love with mj that changed the course of his life from all those other alternative versions of himself. It seems like unless they find a way back to each other he's doomed, so the signs of hope in these recent stories is making coming back into the fold now less painful then it would have been in the past.
    I have been giving the first issues a chance, and #3 was a good one. But I still don't like this concept, there's something wrong if you don't want to do stories about Peter Parker if you make a Spider-Man comic IMHO. But if a person like you started to read again (we must be about the same age if you were a teen during the clone saga?), the people doing Spidey now are probably succeeding. Hmmm, I wonder if Guardians of the Galaxy is any good? Mudman? Peter Panzerfaust?

I think i like the concept because its an intriguing one. It's not something we've seen before, well not exactly like this anyway, and rather than just being a straight head swap, there's an interesting character deconstruction of ock going on, with a chance for both characters to develop and learn things they never would have before, certainly the relationship between the two will have become so much more complex once its all said and done. In that sense it is a story about peter parker, just from a crazy skewed angle which makes it interesting. it helps having him actively around in ghost form too, even if its putting others off.

They're succeeding in the sense that i'm anxiously awaiting each issue to come out and i'm suddenly thinking about spider-man all the time which i've not done in years. at 31 i thought i was passed this?!

Quote Originally Posted by 14k_london View Post
    I think i like the concept because its an intriguing one. It's not something we've seen before, well not exactly like this anyway, and rather than just being a straight head swap, there's an interesting character deconstruction of ock going on, with a chance for both characters to develop and learn things they never would have before, certainly the relationship between the two will have become so much more complex once its all said and done. In that sense it is a story about peter parker, just from a crazy skewed angle which makes it interesting. it helps having him actively around in ghost form too, even if its putting others off.

They're succeeding in the sense that i'm anxiously awaiting each issue to come out and i'm suddenly thinking about spider-man all the time which i've not done in years. at 31 i thought i was passed this?!
    I think you have a point in what Slott is attempting to do with this comic. You might be spot on. I just wish I was as excited about this as you are. I really do.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Spider-Man View Post
    I think the people who bought those issues wanted to know if Doc Ock was going to do to MJ what The Chameleon did to Michelle Gonzales.
    Kiss her on the floor? (You do know Michelle confirmed no sex right?)

BANNED

Just to get this straight...you do NOT care, right? I mean at ALL!

Just want to make that you in no way "care". Is that accurate? It's for the record.

Also, I think you got "sadist" right.

SW
    I stand corrected.

I only cared a little bit. My caring never went beyond "that shit sounds dumb". The dumbness seemed to come not from the premise but the fact that Marvel were hyping this up as something important when it'll be reversed in a year or two (before the new Spider-Man films comes out) I almost wanted to see the train wreck unfold but was turned off by a bad writer and trying not to buy into a obvious publicity stunt/ cashgrab.

If anything, I get more annoyed with the whining. Granted if you cared about the Spider-Man franchise until this point (I've been turned off for a while) it might sound dumb but the whole thing isn't worth getting hyped about. Just a decompressed freaky friday arc with landmark issues.

However, I would suggest you rename "Ultimate Spider-Man" and start calling it"The Superior Spider-Man". The title fits better.

Previews has the Top 50.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...ticleID=131331

Morbius debuted at #45.

No Venom, Scarlet Spider or Avenging Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Kiss her on the floor? (You do know Michelle confirmed no sex right?)
    And put on Peters clothes for.....reasons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Previews has the Top 50.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...ticleID=131331

Morbius debuted at #45.

No Venom, Scarlet Spider or Avenging Spider-Man.
    That is not really good is it? They don't do sales numbers so its hard to tell. Which is a shame, people really seem to like Venom and SS. I would hate it to dip into cancellation territory.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    And put on Peters clothes for.....reasons?
    Not a lot of experience with overnight lady visitors Charles?
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."