Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    Wait. You think readers checked out a story because they were worried about whether a guy they DIDN'T want to get with a specific girl was going to get with that girl... through the use of MISTAKEN IDENTITY?

OH MY GOD! HOW EVIL!!!

That's only something you could see in practically... EVERY TEEN ROMANCE MOVIE, TV SOAP OPERA, PRIME-TIME SITCOM, SHAKESPEAREAN COMEDY, AND ANY STORY THAT INVOLVES LOVERS GOING TO A COSTUME BALL/GALA/HALLOWEEN PARTY IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF STORYTELLING!

Yes. How dare you, Marvel! How dare you EVER do a story around POTENTIAL sex and MISTAKEN IDENTITY! How dare you do something that Barney Stinson does 4 times an episode on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER!
    You're MONSTERS, Marvel! SOULLESS MONSTERS!!!!

:-P
    But there's a huge difference between a story and an entirely new book. Kinda depends on how long you intend to keep this up, and when we can read Spidey stories again. About the release of the next movie?

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    Also Marvel went back on that little mistaken identity thing hard like one issue later. So that isn't a good example either. I mean it wasn't horribly convincing, but it was what it was.
    Let's think about this. The issues were written months in advance.....so they couldn't go back on anything, they just wrote what was written and a few people jumped to some horrible conclusion (these people should never watch prime time tv either, their heads would explode at the atrocities they would see) , and then proven wrong...but, and get this, it gets funny in a sad way right here, these same people that jumped to the conclusion then and were proven wrong jumped to roughly the same conclusion now...and were proven wrong....again...and are somehow mad at Marvel on both accounts because....they were proven wrong...and still use the old example in which they were proven wrong....to be mad at Marvel now....I really couldn't even make this stuff up it's so fucking bizarre.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    Let's think about this. The issues were written months in advance.....so they couldn't go back on anything, they just wrote what was written and a few people jumped to some horrible conclusion (these people should never watch prime time tv either, their heads would explode at the atrocities they would see) , and then proven wrong...but, and get this, it gets funny in a sad way right here, these same people that jumped to the conclusion then and were proven wrong jumped to roughly the same conclusion now...and were proven wrong....again...and are somehow mad at Marvel on both accounts because....they were proven wrong...and still use the old example in which they were proven wrong....to be mad at Marvel now....I really couldn't even make this stuff up it's so fucking bizarre.
    I don't think anyone is mad they were proven wrong. Though I never predicted one way or another. Though the Chameleon thing was just silly at that point. It was a walk back or the weirdest and unnecessary misdirections possible.

Edit: Though maybe using Marvel instead of whoever wrote it was a little unfair, as I don't think the walkback was mandated and just something the writer did. Like with the dumb "he didn't really get drunk!" thing.
    Last edited by charlesthehammer; 02-09-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quoted for truth!
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Ock's a bad guy at heart.

I'm sure that must have been set up somewhere in the previous 700 issues. I can't quite pinpoint the issue though.

SW
    That made me laugh super hard lol!

Just Sayin'

They should just drink more beer and not worry so much.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    I don't think anyone is mad they were proven wrong. Though I never predicted one way or another. Though the Chameleon thing was just silly at that point. It was a walk back or the weirdest and unnecessary misdirections possible.

Edit: Though maybe using Marvel instead of whoever wrote it was a little unfair, as I don't think the walkback was mandated and just something the writer did. Like with the dumb "he didn't really get drunk!" thing.
    You don't thin anyone's mad they were proven wrong? Did you skip a bunch of posts?
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    But there's a huge difference between a story and an entirely new book.
    False equivalency. Whether Otto was going to be with MJ is NOT the premise of this new book.
    Kinda depends on how long you intend to keep this up...
    If you read SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #2 then you'd see that the issue of whether Otto was going to be with MJ has been dealt with.
    when we can read Spidey stories again?
    You can read Spidey stories now.
    Superior Spider-Man is a new take on Spider-Man stories.

False equivalency. Whether Otto was going to be with MJ is NOT the premise of this new book.
    I see it as a good showing what the deal with Mephisto means.
    And that the soul of Pete is still in there.
    Just thinking about that makes it impossible for Spock do anything meaningful, until that deal is undone nothing will bring MJ and pete together.

People blaming about this should be happy that Spidey made the deal with Mephisto.

And the story with MJ and Spock had to be told.
    To integral for the Spidey methos.
    Like it or not.

If you read SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #2 then you'd see that the issue of whether Otto was going to be with MJ has been dealt with.

You can read Spidey stories now.
    Superior Spider-Man is a new take on Spider-Man stories.
    I think we're talking about different things. I was referring to Otto Octavius as Spider-Man, and how long you intend to keep that up. I wasn't among those who cried "rape!" about MJ, but I still fail to see the hook and appeal of Otto as the protagonist and "hero" of the story.

About as new a take as Scarlet Spider or the numerous different Venom books we've had through the years? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    That made me laugh super hard lol!
    Every time you laugh at a Wacker joke the Devil grows more powerful. Err or is it Mephisto? I'm not even sure anymore.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Veteran Member

I think we're talking about different things. I was referring to Otto Octavius as Spider-Man, and how long you intend to keep that up. I wasn't among those who cried "rape!" about MJ, but I still fail to see the hook and appeal of Otto as the protagonist and "hero" of the story.

About as new a take as Scarlet Spider or the numerous different Venom books we've had through the years? ;-)
    Not every book is for you.

SW

Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

SW
    You mean the "Dedicated to Mike" written in crayon on the inside cover page WASN'T put there by you guys?

Awww... Now I'm sad at Marvel and creeped out by my comic book shop owner.
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

SW
    Certainly not, but since Spidey has been a book for me for so long, if it's not you have made quite a job of alienating a long time fan. Congrats!

Veteran Member

Certainly not, but since Spidey has been a book for me for so long, if it's not you have made quite a job of alienating a long time fan. Congrats!
    Sounds like you came a little pre-cooked.

Also you don't sound too alienated since our job is to get you talking about the stories.

If anything we're TOO successful.

SW