Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

People are going to stop buying this crap after issue two, we all know why.

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Spider-Man View Post
    I would like to congratulate you on your FIRST post in FIVE years!
    I feel honored that you chose to use it here to predict the sales on our 3rd issue.
    Let's check back here on that when those number are released, okay? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    I feel honored that you chose to use it here to predict the sales on our 3rd issue.
    The sales will double when Cardiac appears in the book.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    I think the people who bought those issues wanted to know if Doc Ock was going to do to MJ what The Chameleon did to Michelle Gonzales.

Stay classy, Marvel.

Er, why?
    I'd say sales will increase slightly as new readers come aboard due to the publicity, like the USA Today articles, for example, and because most people believe Peter Parker is coming back, so that takes care of everyone who swore they'd leave (they're staying). Plus, it's a nice jumping on point with an issue # 1. Yes, eventually sales will dip, then stable, and then when Peter Parker comes back increase again. But no one is going to stop buying Spider-Man comics.

I think the people who bought those issues wanted to know if Doc Ock was going to do to...
    Wait. You think readers checked out a story because they were worried about whether a guy they DIDN'T want to get with a specific girl was going to get with that girl... through the use of MISTAKEN IDENTITY?

OH MY GOD! HOW EVIL!!!

That's only something you could see in practically... EVERY TEEN ROMANCE MOVIE, TV SOAP OPERA, PRIME-TIME SITCOM, SHAKESPEAREAN COMEDY, AND ANY STORY THAT INVOLVES LOVERS GOING TO A COSTUME BALL/GALA/HALLOWEEN PARTY IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF STORYTELLING!

Stay classy, Marvel.
    Yes. How dare you, Marvel! How dare you EVER do a story around POTENTIAL sex and MISTAKEN IDENTITY! How dare you do something that Barney Stinson does 4 times an episode on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER!
    You're MONSTERS, Marvel! SOULLESS MONSTERS!!!!

:-P

I think the people who bought those issues wanted to know if Doc Ock was going to do to MJ what The Chameleon did to Michelle Gonzales.

Stay classy, Marvel.
    As revealed in Amazing Spider-Man #605, Chameleon made out with Michelle Gonzalez.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

I am not sure you want to use Barney Stinson as someone to emulate. Even the show acknowledges he is a horrible person. I mean sure no one actually does anything about that, but still.

Also Marvel went back on that little mistaken identity thing hard like one issue later. So that isn't a good example either. I mean it wasn't horribly convincing, but it was what it was.
    Last edited by charlesthehammer; 02-09-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    I am not sure you want to use Barney Stinson as someone to emulate. Even the show acknowledges he is a horrible person. I mean sure no one actually does anything about that, but still.

Also Marvel went back on that little mistaken identity thing hard like one issue later. So that isn't a good example either. I mean it wasn't horribly convincing, but it was what it was.
    Ock's a bad guy at heart.

I'm sure that must have been set up somewhere in the previous 700 issues. I can't quite pinpoint the issue though.

SW

Veteran Member

Stay classy, Marvel.
    Stay boring!

SW

I don't read much Marvel, and when I heard what they were doing with Spidey, I was pretty mad...yet curious. So I read it and I'm kinda digging it. It's different, and with being out of the loop for over a decade, easy to pick up. I'm gonna keep pulling this.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmehshow View Post
    I don't read much Marvel, and when I heard what they were doing with Spidey, I was pretty mad...yet curious. So I read it and I'm kinda digging it. It's different, and with being out of the loop for over a decade, easy to pick up. I'm gonna keep pulling this.
    There are several people here who will say you are just lying and aren't REALLY enjoying the book.

SW

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Ock's a bad guy at heart.

I'm sure that must have been set up somewhere in the previous 700 issues. I can't quite pinpoint the issue though.

SW
    Maybe, maybe not, I really don't care. As the Doc wasn't really my point anyway.
    Last edited by charlesthehammer; 02-09-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    Maybe, maybe not, I really don't care. As the Doc wasn't really my point anyway.
    That was your point if you read what you wrote..

I'm pretty certain you don't what you're point was, though. You're on what..? Year Three!

SW

Edit: You know what, I am not sure what I think this will accomplish.
    Last edited by charlesthehammer; 02-09-2013 at 08:37 PM.