THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
THE CABIN IN THE WOODS
MEN IN BLACK 3
GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE
SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
.......... O T H E R ...........
1 - Avengers
2 - Amazing Spider-Man
3 - Dredd
4 - Prometheus
5 - John Carter
- Dark Knight, Bane's voice completely ruined the film for me and it was the biggest disappointment out of all the big films.
- Prometheus had a few moments of sheer stupidity but was ultimately enjoyable.
- John Carter was a pleasant surprise considering i knew nothing about it before i watched and Lynn Collins was lovely in it.
- Dredd was an excellent film, Shame it wont see a sequel
- Amazing Spider-Man i thought set up the trilogy pretty well and i preferred it to the previous films.
- Avengers had everything you'd want in a blockbuster, Not perfect but damn good.
1.The Raid - not better film than the Artist but the best martial art films in many years, many cool fights.
2.The Artist - this was a film that deserve its acclaim and was a joy to watch
3. Skyfall - Not quite as great as Casino Royale but it was a real,good Bond.
4. Avengers - easy the best summer cinema film to watch, fun superhero there needs to be more of.
5. Dredd - Urban captured Dredd so well that i got chills as a fan of Dredd comics.
The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk
In my opinion, the best film was a documentary. Searching for Sugar Man was by far the best film of 2012.
A definite much see.
"If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."
The Raid : Redemption without any doubt. Holy shit action.
Avengers is a good second. As for the rest. Didn't see much and what I saw was cringeworthy unless I forgot some European movie.
Hunger games just misses out.
“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”
I didn't see to many movies in 2012 (lack of time/money), but I voted for Avengers, by far.
Skyfall would be 2nd (I really enjoyed this movie and it had me thinking about it a few days later, which usually only happens with superhero movies and occasionally comedies)
Men in Black III 3rd (Quite surprised at how good the movie was compared to MIB II)
Amazing Spider-Man 4th
Dark Knight Rises 5th (I was really disappointed in the movie, HUGE letdown for me)
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance was by FAR the worst movie I saw in the theaters in 2012. Just aweful. It was boring, had huge plot holes, and Nic Cage was bad...even for him.
I actually didn't go see too many movies this year. But here's what I'd rank for the ones I saw.
2- The Hobbit
4- Dark Knight Rises
5- MIB3 (what, I liked it)
Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...
My favorite film this year was ParaNorman, a big surprise for me. Beautiful animaton, an interesting main character, lots of heart, great lessons and themes, solid voice acting and music, great climax and finale, and some truly good emotional bits. It's the only film that made me cry this year, so points for that!
Here's the rest I saw this year from best to worst...
The Secret World of Arrietty
Pirates! Band of Misfits
The Dark Knight Rises
Wreck It Ralph
21 Jump Street
The Woman in Black
Men in Black 3
I sadly didn't get to see all of the films I wanted to: Lincoln, Argo, Rise of the Guardians, Cloud Atlas, Skyfall, Frankenweeie, Hotel Transylvania, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Rock of Ages, Snow White and the Huntsman, Moonrise Wingdom, Battleship (want to see how bad this film is), The Hunger Games, The Lorax, and Joyful Noise.
Thought I saw more than The Avengers and Men in Black 3 last year: I can't remember, but I don't have a favorite film from 2012.
Will eventually catch up with Argo and Skyfall though.
This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...
Right now depending on my mood it's between Life of Pi and Wreck It Ralph, I also saw The Awakening(2011) which comes on on video next week but that one is up there.
2007 Mutant League Champion