Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default DC Nation Releases New "Beware the Batman," "Teen Titans Go!," Wonder Woman Clips

Full article here.

Aren't these ads annoying? They take forever!

The Wonder Woman series is going to do nothing to aide in getting a live action WW movie. This looks like "too cool for it's own good, and aware of it" tripe to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    The Wonder Woman series is going to do nothing to aide in getting a live action WW movie. This looks like "too cool for it's own good, and aware of it" tripe to me.
    I'm digging the art, though. Might not do anything for a movie, but an animated series wouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    It doesn't actually have to do anything to help get a live action WW movie. Like Batman and Superman, WW can fit into a number of genre molds. This current take is purely inspired by 70's detective TV shows where the actual WW TV show actually thrived.

Your logic would suggest that cartoons like Batman: The Brave and the Bold could stop WB from making the Nolan Batman films.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    It doesn't actually have to do anything to help get a live action WW movie. Like Batman and Superman, WW can fit into a number of genre molds. This current take is purely inspired by 70's detective TV shows where the actual WW TV show actually thrived.

Your logic would suggest that cartoons like Batman: The Brave and the Bold could stop WB from making the Nolan Batman films.
    Not at all. While I didn't say anything about the Batman animation, I will say that Batman was a successful brand before the Nolan films. There is little that can be done to hurt the Batman brand since it has had so many successes. Even Batman and Robin couldn't kill Batman, and that film was pretty damning.

Wonder Woman however has only had a successful 70's TV Series, and has had virtually no success in any media outside comics since that time. And each failure of an attempt to launch Wonder Woman in any other media outside of the comics has to place a seed of doubt in a producers head that there is a market for a Wonder Woman live action property. I mean, a failed attempt to relaunch a series.. several aborted attempts to launch a movie... If the animated series tanks (despite its quality), it can only mean more bad tiding for Wonder Woman. And the whole look and feel of the animation is going to work against it for mainstream audiences IMO.

i just love this take on WW
    and Giganta!
    great and funny stuff!!
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!