Default Jill Thompson paints WW

For those who don't know, her art appeared in Sandman and The Invisibles, among many other works. She is also married to Brian Azzarello. Pretty awesome!

“Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    For those who don't know, her art appeared in Sandman and The Invisibles, among many other works. She is also married to Brian Azzarello. Pretty awesome!

That looks like the Creature From the Black Lagoon!

I wonder how different the book would look/feel if she (being his wife) would've been drawing the book!

Very. But I'm sure how much her being his wife would affect it, rather than just her having a different art style would. She also apparently has a different take on how WW should be then Azz does.

Isn't she working on a Wonder Woman book? I'm sure I heard a while back that she had a WW project she was working on.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    Very. But I'm sure how much her being his wife would affect it, rather than just her having a different art style would. She also apparently has a different take on how WW should be then Azz does.

Isn't she working on a Wonder Woman book? I'm sure I heard a while back that she had a WW project she was working on.
    Quick look at her website says she did Wonder Woman art from 1990-1 and that her website hasn't been updated in years. This was the most recent bit about her possibly working on Wonder Woman and it's several months old.

I like Thompson's art a good deal. That design is solid, too, except for the tiara.

I didn't like her run on Wonder Woman, but that image above is great.

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    Quick look at her website says she did Wonder Woman art from 1990-1 and that her website hasn't been updated in years. This was the most recent bit about her possibly working on Wonder Woman and it's several months old.
    I remember a Bleedingcool report that said she was working on a new WW project. But then it is bleedingcool so it could have been a right load of crap.

Edit - one quick google search later and I find exactly what I was thinking of http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/...than-we-think/
    Last edited by RandomFalls; 12-30-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Thumbs down

She looks more like Hippolyta than Diana to me. Not good. It reminds me of Hippo being the Golden Age WW. Not good at all.

~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    She looks more like Hippolyta than Diana to me. Not good. It reminds me of Hippo being the Golden Age WW. Not good at all.
    Could be worst, the only thing i dislike was the tiara and the way she design the hair. I agree with Frank, she looks more Hippolytish than a Wonder Woman.