Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by franksolich View Post
    Even dumber than Kyle blowing up Oa during Zero Hour and killing all of the people of Mosiac and there being no consequence for that. However not as dumb as being called a racist because you don't like a character that acts as victim his whole life but gets a ring that chooses beings because of their strong will and ability to overcome fear.
    To be fair, no one died when Kyle blew up Oa. It was established during Kyle's series that John had Mosaic evacuated after Emerald Twilight. THe planet was uninhabited at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    While I think the new character is a nice twist on things, I'm hoping he ultimately is something of a "placeholder" Lantern, to fill the slot before what I assume is Hal and Sinestro's return. While that storyline is interesting, I agree it's time to resolve/end it, as well. I guess it's probably old fashioned and/or wishful thinking, but I wouldn't mind seeing Hal get back to some basic superheroics, shelving the Rainbow Lantern mythology for a bit.

I agree that the "misunderstood and wrongly accused hero" is a bit trite, but in general I don't mind Simon's character (though the mask is hideous). Hopefully he can assume some role in the DCU once the status quo returns, if ever.
    I suspect he's going to be the League Green Lantern (JLA in Simon's case). I would honestly be shocked if they replaced Hal with him permanently in his own book. I do have to smile at some of the comments about Hal. I was feeling the same about the character before Emerald Twilight and had hoped he was dead for good. But I like him now. He's not the put upon character that used to whine me into pure hatred for him. Sure, he still has that characteristic which I think Sinestro has been great at calling him out on. One reason I like them as a team just we got to see Hal without that slap in the back of the head he gets from Sinestro. Really, when you get bored by a character it doesn't mean they need to dropped and a new one brought on board. Biggest fear I have for all the characters are they are putting quite a few out there and not sure if they are able to make all them as interesting as needed. Which really is what leads to character death... writer just can't think of anything exciting to do except kill them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    You know that Hal isn't the only Green Lantern, right?
    LOL...yes...just too many Earth Green Lanterns IMO and now this guy. Hal's the Green Lantern I want to read about.

Seems Baz is getting a lot of hate for who he isn't (Hal, female, non-American) than for who he is. Will the people clamoring for the eventual Hal return even care that Baz will be shuffled off to JLA. He's kinda getting the same reaction as all of Hal's replacements. Time will tell if he finds a niche like Kyle and Guy, or float aimlessly like John.

I hate Baz. I want my Hal and Sinestro back. Baz is just ruining what was a really good story arc until he showed up and made the story crap. We already have 4 GLs in sector 2814 we really didnt need more.

Quote Originally Posted by refrax5 View Post
    To be fair, no one died when Kyle blew up Oa. It was established during Kyle's series that John had Mosaic evacuated after Emerald Twilight. THe planet was uninhabited at the time.
    I have most of that run in back issues, but I don't recall that ever having been dealt with. Could you tell me which issues that was, since nu52 is pissing me off, I've been going dollar bin diving. Just got the Annual where Guy was offered the ring before Kyle was but told Ganthet to stick it.

BANNED

All I have to say is about Baz is that he should have been Arabic instead of black.

Also I'm new here, but can someone explain to me why the is a forum board for WonderWoman but none for Green Lantern? The Green Lantern comics are by far and wide more successful than the Wonderwoman comics and they are actually a franchise. Why Wonderwoman have her own sub-forum while Green Lantern does not?

He is arabic

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_fan View Post
    LOL...yes...just too many Earth Green Lanterns IMO and now this guy. Hal's the Green Lantern I want to read about.
    It must have been the a nice time for you when he died :p
    BB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyraw View Post
    He is arabic
    No, he is a black Muslim. There is a difference between Arabic and Muslim

Unless he can do something different with his power ring. He is no different then the other Earth Lanterns
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    All I have to say is about Baz is that he should have been Arabic instead of black.

Also I'm new here, but can someone explain to me why the is a forum board for WonderWoman but none for Green Lantern? The Green Lantern comics are by far and wide more successful than the Wonderwoman comics and they are actually a franchise. Why Wonderwoman have her own sub-forum while Green Lantern does not?
    That forum is a disease and had to be put in isolation due to risk of its stupidity spreading across the world!

And I was under the impression he was Arabian (Lebenon decent I thought).

Does anyone else think this thread should be renamed as the Simon Baz Resect Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacks, Ethan (September 4, 2012) View Post
    "'Green Lantern #0' introduces new Muslim Arab-American super hero - a major milestone in comics". New York Daily News.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    And I was under the impression he was Arabian (Lebenon decent I thought).
    Yes, "Simon's heritage and home town are both influenced by Geoff Johns, who is half-Lebanese, and a native of Detroit, Michigan." Quoted from this article I thought it was pretty interesting.
    Last edited by Ood Omega; 12-31-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    No, he is a black Muslim. There is a difference between Arabic and Muslim
    I know there's a difference. I didn't think he was black - I thought his skin tone had just been done darker than it should be by the colourer

So far the character is MEH.