View Poll Results: Who?

Voters
45. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Captain Marvel

6 13.33%
  • Red She-Hulk

6 13.33%
  • Invisible Woman

29 64.44%
  • Rogue

3 6.67%
  • Other

1 2.22%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Cancer Comes To Marvel Comics?

From Bleeding Cool: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/...marvel-comics/
    Earlier this year, Marvel teamed up with Komen For The Cure, an organisation that promotes the awareness of cancer – how to check for it, how to treat it. A seriesof ads saw Tony Stark testing himself for breast cancer, and a series of variant covers featured the Komen brand.

It seems it didn’t stop there.

I am told by a source that a prominent Marvel superheroine will be contracting cancer in a storyline later this year. I have been given four potential names, though not who the chosen character will be. They are Captain Marvel, Red She Hulk, Invisible Woman and Rogue.

The former would seem the most obvious, in that the original Captain Mar-Vell died of cancer. Red She-Hulk is, in many ways, a living cancer, in that the state of Hulks has been compared to a cancerous form.

Marvel recently ran the One Month To Live comic in which a man gains superheroic powers that also trigger a terminal cancer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Komen_Wolverine_315_Cover-230x350.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	105843

I wonder who it'll be and how long it will be before a cure. Personally, I think it's Captain Marvel or Invisible Woman.
    Last edited by punisher97; 12-17-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Marvel: Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine & the X-Men, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Superior/Amazing Spider-Man (Trading for)
    Image: East of West, Lazarus, Jupiter's Legacy, Starlight

BANNED

Rogue or Invisible Woman.

If the story is specifically about a female superheroine dealing with cancer, than the Invisible Woman is probably not the one since her entire team is going to develop cancer. (Mr. Fantastic's cells are already breaking down/becoming cancerous, and he believes it will happen to the rest of the FF. Also, they are lost in time & space, so dealing with cancer will be a secondary priority behind getting their family home.)

BANNED

It's Sue.

Remember when they had the Marvel Now poster and said "Sue is there for a reason"?

It's Sue.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Sue has kids, so there's the whole family dynamic to work off of.

If done right, it could be interesting.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I wonder if Wakanda's just going to lose the cure for cancer when that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It's Sue.

Remember when they had the Marvel Now poster and said "Sue is there for a reason"?

It's Sue.
    Well, it's pretty much a given she will get cancer considering Reed already has it. However, Rich seems to suggest this will be a big story for the character that gets it (and I imagine Marvel will have do one of those press releases to showcase the story). If it's referring to Sue, I don't think it will have the impact that he is suggesting seeing as how her entire team already has/will get cancer. Reed's already dealing with the repercussions because he feels like it's his fault. Having another storyline where it's all about Sue seems kind of pointless.

I believe it will either be Captain Marvel or Red She-Hulk, so as to help boost the sales of one of their solo titles. I doubt it's Rogue, since she could just use her powers to absorb the healing factor of Wolverine to get rid of it.

Perhaps Sue's cancer will show up before Ben and Johnny's. Reed could hide the fact that they all have it while he tries to find a cure.
    Marvel: Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine & the X-Men, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Superior/Amazing Spider-Man (Trading for)
    Image: East of West, Lazarus, Jupiter's Legacy, Starlight

Quote Originally Posted by GreenComixEnvy View Post
    I wonder if Wakanda's just going to lose the cure for cancer when that happens?
    Yeah it can't be Sue because the Black Panther would cure her. But it could be Rogue, since he wouldn't cure an X Man.

Well, Red She-Hulk has been IRRADIATED.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Firestar already had (has?) cancer.

I believe it will be Betty Ross.

You see, before Betty became red, she was dead. Marvel has NOW probably realized how unsuccessful a character she's truly been. So, in an effort to truly gauge her popularity among folks is to give her a big issue and draw traffic to her self-titled book. It'll bring all the Gamma-based characters together for one final hurrah, but in the end I believe it is Marvel's intention to send Betty back to the grave.

I'd be thankful for that scenario.
    Last edited by Hulk_Is; 12-17-2012 at 06:12 PM.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Meh bitches ain't got nothing on Jim Wilson
    Mah Sheet: Moon Knight, Thor, Wolfsbane, Paladin, Doc Ock, Black Bolt, Cage, Hawkeye, Sunfire, Boomerang, Hellcat, Shang-Chi, Misty Knight, Bishop, Magik, Cypher

It'll probably be breast cancer since that's all the big 2 can think of these days when it comes to giving women cancer.

I meant to vote for Invisible Woman but accidentally voted Rogue.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

I am so very glad I don't read these comics anymore. I know it is a well meaning idea to raise awareness but my aunt, my great uncle and two of my family pets died from this disease. Last year we also lost a dear friend to it and the last thing I want is to become more depressed than I already am.

Kudos to Marvel if their aim is to genuinely help people but I just can't read this, especially if it turns out to be a character I like. I'm sorry.